Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Was pretty happy with my insurance renewal of 328.
    Just called up to pay the renewal and it dropped to 307 :D

Confirmed that my fully protected no claims prevented my policy cost increasing.
    I only added on full ncb protection last year. Deffo happy to have it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Passed the test today... Can anyone suggest a cheapmcool sub 20 quid reward for myself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

deegs wrote: »
    Passed the test today... Can anyone suggest a cheapmcool sub 20 quid reward for myself ;)

Well done on the test!

My suggestion is you treat yourself to a shiny new N tabard!!

On a serious note : 20 quid of fresh juice and take yourself on a nice twisty road in that good weather we are having.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Fair play Deegs. Great feeling:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sure the mirror was bent before he even dropped it ffs!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sure the mirror was bent before he even dropped it ffs!

Well spotted. A fake mishap?

Deffo, anything for the U Tube hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

IMG_2230_zpsedfa6fcb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Stumbled across this last night, nice guide to used bike bargain hunting in Ireland:

http://www.mercenary.ie/2013/05/the-mercenary-guide-to-buying-really.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Still no bike back as one of the panels still didn't arrive.
    On the upside the barbacks look great.

15310991836_3c29a343f3_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

DubVelo wrote: »
    Stumbled across this last night, nice guide to used bike bargain hunting in Ireland:

http://www.mercenary.ie/2013/05/the-mercenary-guide-to-buying-really.html

Mercenary+Ignorance.jpg Jaysus!!

Good article.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Something bike related? A can of ACF50. A neckwarmer.

Or a Sunday spin and learn something new m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

leppla wrote: »
    Well done on the test!

My suggestion is you treat yourself to a shiny new N tabard!!

On a serious note : 20 quid of fresh juice and take yourself on a nice twisty road in that good weather we are having.

After I passed, my instructor showed me such a road :)
    I was led to believe n tab bards did not apply as I got my drivers licence back in 2000.
    In any case, reckon my answer will be the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

I was led to believe n tab bards did not apply as I got my drivers licence back in 2000.

Yep, says it on the rsa website. If you have an existing license you're not a 'novice'. Thanks be to jaysus! :rolleyes:

<rant>I mean it doesn't even mean anything! At least in other countries there's some sense to it, there's conditions attached like lower speed limits on the motorway or whatever but here it's just a stupid sticker. Argh.</rant>

DubVelo wrote: »
    Yep, says it on the rsa website. If you have an existing license you're not a 'novice'. Thanks be to jaysus! :rolleyes:

<rant>I mean it doesn't even mean anything! At least in other countries there's some sense to it, there's conditions attached like lower speed limits on the motorway or whatever but here it's just a stupid sticker. Argh.</rant>

Im sure its only a matter of time before they bring in the Special Conditions attached to the N plate.

No matter how good a rider or driver you think you are in a cage or bike, you are only as good as the morons you meet on the road on any particular day.

Stay alert lads.

Lads Hein Gericke are having a sale on their Gortex stuff

MASSIVE 40% OFF ALL HEIN GERICKE GORE-TEX CLOTHING, BOOTS, GLOVES. THIS IS A HUGE SAVING, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS WHILE STOCKS LAST. NOT TO BE MISSED.

I dont have facebook but it seems they had up to 42% off all Nolans helmets recently. https://www.facebook.com/heingerickebelfast1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Just had an off on a roundabout, there must have been diesel on the road. The bike just vanished from underneath me and i was taking it easy. Im raging.

Luckily am ok. Both brake levers and indicator gone, exhaust probably has to go too. not much damage otherwise. Have it in with andys in kilcullen.

• Advertisement

zubair wrote: »
    Just had an off on a roundabout, there must have been diesel on the road. The bike just vanished from underneath me and i was taking it easy. Im raging.

Luckily am ok. Both brake levers and indicator gone, exhaust probably has to go too. not much damage otherwise. Have it in with andys in kilcullen.

Ah no way man, that's a disaster, but at least you are ok and there doesn't seem to be any major damage.

Hope you get sorted asap

Really sorry to hear that Jamie, thats piss poor luck. Must have been something there alright for it to go......

At least as you say you are 100%, if you need anything done or collected let me know I help you anyway I can m8.

Thanks lads!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Nasty one, so easy to happen too. Was in the car driving on a diesel spill and it was all over the place.

What roundabout was it Zubair, maybe might give lads a heads up if they know which one it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

Sorry 2 hear that hope u get sorted soon

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    What roundabout was it Zubair, maybe might give lads a heads up if they know which one it was.

It was on the ring road in naas. The second roundabout near power city.

I'll be avoiding the whole ring road from now on, the guy that picked up the bike told me he's pulling cars off that road constantly. He reckons there's either a problem with the surface or that the trucks are all spilling diesel on it, I think there's some lorry business on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how this happened?

If the cones were not their he would have been driving down the wrong side of the road.. It doesn't look like he was target fixating because he doesn't seem to be looking at the cones??!

Then the muppet leaves his bike sitting in the middle of a road, dope.

• Advertisement

LOL, his glance to the right is what caused it. When he looked back he was heading straight for it.

Advertisement