Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

That's a decent luggage set for the price.
    Pity it's not 1 cent more expensive though. It would qualify for free shipping then. Just sayin' 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I picked up a Richa 30L dry bag a few years back. Great capacity, never let in a drop. Can be worn as a backpack or strapped to the seat.

If time isn't too much of an issue, try this:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtWwh5P

Or their Kriega rip off, which from reviews is fantastic for the price:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPsR8Ed

Or pick one up a 30L dry bag in Decathlon:

https://www.decathlon.ie/waterproof-bags/305426-65221-waterproof-dry-bag-30l-green.html#/481-demodelsize-254no_size/30319-demodelcolor-8529126

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

ronanc15 wrote: »
    This is the very one I've been mulling over. On the steeper end pricewise but looks like theres great room. Any negatives?
    None for me the quadloc system on it spreads the weight out brilliant. I got mine second hand on adverts for €120 so was a bit of a steal at that price. Knowing what I know now I'd buy one new if I had too. They are fantastic quality.

It's going to last a long time. Even if you got 5 years out of a new that's only €44 a year. It is pricey but the reviews say it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭goblin59

I wouldn't be a fan of backpacks while on bikes, get one that can be used as a tail bag or connects to the pillion seat.
    I know its rider preference but the last thing you want is the extra uncontrolled momentum when taking corners and the weight in the bag decides to shift.
    or if you have an crash, that's more weighted momentum on your back if you come off the bike.

On the DR I use tie down straps to hold my backpack to the carry plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Given some of the saddle bag suggestions are in the 30+ range. Have a search for "roll bag" on motorcycleshop.ie, they have a big range and lots of sizes, most of these ones will come with straps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Fitted a brand new rear tyre last week. As per usual I picked up a nice puncture. I have the repair kit minus the rubber solution. Is the solution that comes in a bicycle repair kit the same stuff? if not any suggestions? Is it definitely needed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Fitted a brand new rear tyre last week. As per usual I picked up a nice puncture. I have the repair kit minus the rubber solution. Is the solution that comes in a bicycle repair kit the same stuff? if not any suggestions? Is it definitely needed?

Like a string? no need, it sort of flattens out and seals under pressure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Like a string? no need, it sort of flattens out and seals under pressure

No I have the sticky string. The kit came with a small tube of rubber solution. Its all gone though. I have patched it up with the sting anyway. seems to be holding for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Yes, same as bicycle repair glue. But worth trying without if you're stuck. Push the old one into the tyre if you need a second attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I think somebody mentioned it here recently but Not Dead Yet, Oisin Hughes video blog of his round the world trip on a GS is back on Youtube now. It tends to get removed from his channel and reappear after a while.

https://www.youtube.com/user/roguebikers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

GBX wrote: »
    I think somebody mentioned it here recently but Not Dead Yet, Oisin Hughes video blog of his round the world trip on a GS is back on Youtube now. It tends to get removed from his channel and reappear after a while.

Good stuff, I never got to finish it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

D3V!L wrote: »
    He looks very familiar, any idea where he's from ?

Clondalkin/Lucan I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Clondalkin/Lucan I think.

He said that in the first video :rolleyes:

Looks like a great series, can't wait to get stuck in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Thanks,

Fantastic series. I ordered his 2 books because the videos disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭TheQ_Man

Not long home from collecting my bike from Noel Quinn.

It needs the rear suspension stripped/cleaned/greased.

Front and rear pads/discs/caliper seals + Head stock bearing

I knew the brakes needed doing but was not told the other stuff needed doing after apparently getting a ‘full health check’ by Rebel Mototcycles.

Long story short I’m staying loyal to Noel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

TheQ_Man wrote: »

I knew the brakes needed doing but was not told the other stuff needed doing after apparently getting a ‘full health check’ by Rebel Mototcycles.

Suppose it could be argued thats all service stuff.

Suppose it could be argued thats all service stuff.

Some of that was like that predating my purchase. Service stuff or not you’d expect it to be spotted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

goblin59 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be a fan of backpacks while on bikes, get one that can be used as a tail bag or connects to the pillion seat.
    I know its rider preference but the last thing you want is the extra uncontrolled momentum when taking corners and the weight in the bag decides to shift.
    or if you have an crash, that's more weighted momentum on your back if you come off the bike.

On the DR I use tie down straps to hold my backpack to the carry plate.

Backpack is grand for a short trip, but definitely not for touring. Fúcked up my back from using one before, never again.

Noel is absolutely class. I'm not shocked that his place picked up on others' sub-standard work.
    Cienciano wrote: »
    Backpack is grand for a short trip, but definitely not for touring. Fúcked up my back from using one before, never again.

+1
    For commuting, a backpack is fairly fine if necessary, but for touring, it'd be a bit miserable unless it weighed next to nothing.

• Advertisement

This is very good :pac:

F18758-F2-ECB3-4082-9359-D298-A08-F321-A.jpg

This is very good :pac:

F18758-F2-ECB3-4082-9359-D298-A08-F321-A.jpg

Is that RPM in Drogheda? If not, they have the same sign!

Is that RPM in Drogheda? If not, they have the same sign!

Noel Quinn’s place

I don’t know which one I want more :(

966-AF508-DC42-4-B66-98-AF-1-EF7-A1-BB336-F.jpg

5-F070418-0766-46-E8-805-A-C14-E60-E2-FF15.jpg

32-DF57-CF-C506-460-B-8767-A00-FE98-B89-A4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

I don’t know which one I want more :(

966-AF508-DC42-4-B66-98-AF-1-EF7-A1-BB336-F.jpg

5-F070418-0766-46-E8-805-A-C14-E60-E2-FF15.jpg

32-DF57-CF-C506-460-B-8767-A00-FE98-B89-A4.jpg

CBX just for the sound alone!

scudster wrote: »
    CBX just for the sound alone!

I’m alarmed at the prices of those CBX’s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

My ZZR spent most of lock down locked up.

Noticed a few of the lower fairing bolts getting rusty so better to keep on top of them.
    I have a polishing mop attached to one side of my bench grinder so a quick rub on that had them nice and shiny again.

Before and after.

IMG-20210529-093158.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

blade1 wrote: »
    My ZZR spent most of lock down locked up.

Noticed a few of the lower fairing bolts getting rusty so better to keep on top of them.
    I have a polishing mop attached to one side of my bench grinder so a quick rub on that had them nice and shiny again.

Before and after.

IMG-20210529-093158.jpg

U might do the pliers too............:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

U might do the pliers too............:D

I'd ask are you taking bookings but you're probably flat out already! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

First spin this morning with custom ear plugs. Minerva ones from Specsavers with bike filters. Worth every cent of the 150 outlay. Take out most of the wind and exhaust sound you can still chat or listen to music. Much more comfortable than the pinlock ones I've been using till now.

Advertisement