Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

dmigsy wrote: »
    First spin this morning with custom ear plugs. Minerva ones from Specsavers with bike filters. Worth every cent of the 150 outlay. Take out most of the wind and exhaust sound you can still chat or listen to music. Much more comfortable than the pinlock ones I've been using till now.

You get fitted in spec savers for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

You get fitted in spec savers for them?

Yeah, they inject silicon-type stuff into your ears to get the mould.

Yeah, they inject silicon-type stuff into your ears to get the mould.

Cool. That’s next months purchase so!

Cool. That’s next months purchase so!

Took about 3 weeks from moulding until delivery. Honestly, I should have got them ages ago. Being able to hear music at motorway speeds is a bonus.

Took about 3 weeks from moulding until delivery. Honestly, I should have got them ages ago. Being able to hear music at motorway speeds is a bonus.

The music etc wouldn’t bother me, it’d be nice to lower the road and wind noise though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

TheQ_Man wrote: »
    I don’t know which one I want more :(

966-AF508-DC42-4-B66-98-AF-1-EF7-A1-BB336-F.jpg

5-F070418-0766-46-E8-805-A-C14-E60-E2-FF15.jpg

32-DF57-CF-C506-460-B-8767-A00-FE98-B89-A4.jpg

Quoting pics and I don't care. I want all 3

I got rear ended on a red light last week, bike went over on and landed on my leg, I'm mostly OK, bumps and bruises and the main pain being from my right arm, I tried to hold the bike up and strained it. The bike looks ruined, all the new plastics I got are marked up, my foot somehow bent the brake lever, mirror smashed, handlebars twisted and it also ran a got 30 seconds on its side with oil pissing out. Gutted isn't the word however dealing with yer man's insurance company has been painful to date, zero empathy or people skills and even my own company are having hassle having the bike released to them so I can make a comprehensive claim to speed up being back on the road.

I'm trying to buy an apartment at the moment with my OH so can't pull money from savings to get back on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I got rear ended on a red light last week, bike went over on and landed on my leg, I'm mostly OK, bumps and bruises and the main pain being from my right arm, I tried to hold the bike up and strained it. The bike looks ruined, all the new plastics I got are marked up, my foot somehow bent the brake lever, mirror smashed, handlebars twisted and it also ran a got 30 seconds on its side with oil pissing out. Gutted isn't the word however dealing with yer man's insurance company has been painful to date, zero empathy or people skills and even my own company are having hassle having the bike released to them so I can make a comprehensive claim to speed up being back on the road.

I'm trying to buy an apartment at the moment with my OH so can't pull money from savings to get back on the road.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll be back up and running shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I told ya to stop driving in reverse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

What oil are you guys using?
    when I got my bike i changed the oil and filter
    I put in Motul 10w40 and I was not impressed it was expensive & gear change was notchy and engine casing seemed to get extremely hot
    a couple of months ago I changed it out for Bel Ray 10W40
    The gearchange was better but after approx. 5000 km i found it getting noisy and notchy again
    Changed it again today and it is again much smoother
    Generally speaking I leave the car oil till about 10.000km before a change

So what are you guys using and how often
    I'm back to work now with a commute of 500+km a week and not expecting to change the oil bi monthly
    So what oil do yo recommend please
    Thanks
    J

• Advertisement

I told ya to stop driving in reverse.

I'm going to burn your house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I'm going to burn your house

You can use the engine oil that came out!! :pac:

What oil are you guys using?
    when I got my bike i changed the oil and filter
    I put in Motul 10w40 and I was not impressed it was expensive & gear change was notchy and engine casing seemed to get extremely hot
    a couple of months ago I changed it out for Bel Ray 10W40
    The gearchange was better but after approx. 5000 km i found it getting noisy and notchy again
    Changed it again today and it is again much smoother
    Generally speaking I leave the car oil till about 10.000km before a change

So what are you guys using and how often
    I'm back to work now with a commute of 500+km a week and not expecting to change the oil bi monthly
    So what oil do yo recommend please
    Thanks
    J

I had just put eneos oil into my bike and it seemed OK as it dribbled out onto my cacks last week as above

blade1 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll be back up and running shortly.

Driver on the phone and being a general knob, I'll tell the full story when it's sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Shoot that is unfortunate Jimmy sorry to hear that :-(
    hope you get sorted soon
    I had a very close call last week too some clown pulled out in front of me at the junction
    He couldn't see a thing so just took a chance and pulled out
    Well talk about a brown trouser moment usually the rear brake would need six months notice but in this case it locked up the rear wheel an I skidded for a few meters
    I seen the rear of the bike passing me out ! yikes
    Somehow I managed to stay on the bike and keep it upright
    Fair play to a couple of guys in a van who stopped to see was I alright
    The fool in the car says really sorry I did not see you
    Are you fookin blind says I that would look great on my fookin headstone
    and fook me if the michellin Road 5 is one of the best tyres you can have on the bike i would truly hate to see the worst

Shoot that is unfortunate Jimmy sorry to hear that :-(
    hope you get sorted soon
    I had a very close call last week too some clown pulled out in front of me at the junction
    He couldn't see a thing so just took a chance and pulled out
    Well talk about a brown trouser moment usually the rear brake would need six months notice but in this case it locked up the rear wheel an I skidded for a few meters
    I seen the rear of the bike passing me out ! yikes
    Somehow I managed to stay on the bike and keep it upright
    Fair play to a couple of guys in a van who stopped to see was I alright
    The fool in the car says really sorry I did not see you
    Are you fookin blind says I that would look great on my fookin headstone
    and fook me if the michellin Road 5 is one of the best tyres you can have on the bike i would truly hate to see the worst

Going out on two wheels is much fun but jaysis the standard of driving in this country has dropped even further since covod started.

On the oil, just stay away from racing orientated stuff, this kind of oil generally needs you to be redeening the hole off the bike to be optimal, I like Millers oils, I gave the Eneos a whirl this time but I'd only changed it a few days before the crash so can't comment on longevity. Motul last time and wasn't impressed yet their oil in jap cars is the creme de la creme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭goblin59

this kinda of **** is pretty much why I installed cameras on the bike.
    I had a few close calls with Van drivers on phones and just general dick head drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

What's a good paint stripper. I want to strip a tank and respray. I bought stuff on a hardware shop but it's muck. I done a test patch and left it on for 3 hrs. It done SFA. Or is sanding a better method?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Aircraft paint stripper is the best, if you know anyone in aviation?
    Or try Vinny Byrne.
    https://www.vinnybyrne.com/body-shop/paint-removers/paint-remover-5lt.html

Sorry to hear that Jimmy. Hope the recovery (physical and metal) goes well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭goblin59

What's a good paint stripper. I want to strip a tank and respray. I bought stuff on a hardware shop but it's muck. I done a test patch and left it on for 3 hrs. It done SFA. Or is sanding a better method?

i used a sanding disc on an angle grinder when doing the DR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Genius! :pac:

FB-IMG-1622537861766.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭TheQ_Man

I’ll be heading to Tralee this evening from Cork via Killarney if anyone in the kingdom is about.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Glad you're ok.

I'd leave all that stuff to your insurer to chase. There's no issue with liability I assume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I would write down or at least dictate a very clear account of what happened to you, get it down before you forget parts of the incident.
    This will all be needed by your insurer/solicitors.
    PM me if you need some more advice on this, I had something similar happen to me and am still not 100%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭horse7

anyone heard of this crowd https://www.sonicmotoshop.it/helmets.html, i cant find them on trustpilot.

Anybody here with any real world experience of a CBR650f 2015 model?

Looking at them and they're singing my tune

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭robbie_63

Anybody here with any real world experience of a CBR650f 2015 model?

Looking at them and they're singing my tune

Hey Jimmy,

I have one!

Feel free to ask any questions

Rob

I'm always whinging about bike shops in Dublin and their service levels. The latest one - on Monday I tried calling the place I bought my bike from last year to book it in for its 6000km service. Called 3 times during the day - no answer. Sent them an email Monday afternoon. Still no response.

Absolutely useless. They obviously don't want my money. They won't see another cent from me. Any recommended workshops in Dublin who want business?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'm always whinging about bike shops in Dublin and their service levels. The latest one - on Monday I tried calling the place I bought my bike from last year to book it in for its 6000km service. Called 3 times during the day - no answer. Sent them an email Monday afternoon. Still no response.

Absolutely useless. They obviously don't want my money. They won't see another cent from me. Any recommended workshops in Dublin who want business?

Not good but you do know that a lot of bike shops don't operate on Mondays? Did you follow up on Tue/Wed? Some are not great in replying by email - id try ringing again if you haven't already.

Advertisement