Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭goblin59

robbie_63 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Have a 2015 CBR650F and it needs a bit of work to tidy it up from previous owner, anyone know any good sites for parts?

Looking for Radiator, Front Discs , Pads

Cheers

Rob

I'd go ebay for the radiator
    and wemoto for the discs and pads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭goblin59

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭robbie_63

goblin59 wrote: »
    I'd go ebay for the radiator
    and wemoto for the discs and pads.

Yeah scouring ebay at the moment, think I have a rad in Holland for €250 but looks in reasonable condition

Cheers

goblin59 wrote: »

Cheers I found those but they are not OEM so wouldn't be 100% on the fitment

As they are coming from China I don't know if I want the hassle if it doesn't work or the quality isn't up to it

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭TheQ_Man

Try Motea. Got a rad for my blade there, fitted perfectly.

• Advertisement

TheQ_Man wrote: »
    Try Motea. Got a rad for my blade there, fitted perfectly.

Cheers tried them but they don't do the cbr650f, looks like only OEM ones available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Cheers tried them but they don't do the cbr650f, looks like only OEM ones available

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/507676217273958/?ref=facebook_story_share

If he has what you need I could split postage, I've just messaged about the mirrors

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/507676217273958/?ref=facebook_story_share

If he has what you need I could split postage, I've just messaged about the mirrors

Hey Jimmy,

Definitely, I'm not on Facebook unfortunately, If your in contact with him can you ask him for a contact email\number?

I have a good few bits I would like to tidy up on mine so would definitely be interested.

Cheers

Rob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭horse7

Hope your not in a rush.

horse7 wrote: »
    Hope your not in a rush.

Why...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Had the pleasure of a friday afternoon N7-M50- coolock and back today, carry a pillion and had forgotten what a soul sapping full focus rat race drudge it is. Thank the gods I don't do that everyday anymore. On the bright side it was perfect riding weather and we didn't get killed by the side swiping bastard in the blacked out beemer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Had the pleasure of a friday afternoon N7-M50- coolock and back today, carry a pillion and had forgotten what a soul sapping full focus rat race drudge it is. Thank the gods I don't do that everyday anymore. On the bright side it was perfect riding weather and we didn't get killed by the side swiping bastard in the blacked out beemer.
    Yeah unfortunately the standard of driving in this country is abysmal
    Every muppet in the nation is out on the road and despite all the regulation the driving is just sh1t
    I can only imagine what sh1t this weekend will bring :-(
    Stay safe keep your wits about you
    Good luck

Why...?

Over 5 weeks waiting for an order, still not arrived.

What's it like on the N7, the M50 can be so bad.

Don't know what's happened with meet up North Dublin Weekend Motorcycle group, they just had one meet pre-lockdown, and none since?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭raven41

horse7 wrote: »
    Don't know what's happened with meet up North Dublin Weekend Motorcycle group, they just had one meet pre-lockdown, and none since?

Guy who runs it has had bike issues and is waiting on parts to get it back on the road. Was one post lockdown spin (about 10 or so on it).
    He'll be back shortly, fairly certain....

Unfortunately that spin was on 9th may, just before the lockdown was lifted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Looks like I've a leak in one of my fork seals. Haven't had this crop up before. What am I looking at in terms of a ballpark price?

On the CBR?

I see a lot of guys on the UK forums have used a tool called SealMate to slip down into the fork and remove any dirt that might have got in there, seems to be a quick and easy quick to stop a leaking seal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

On the CBR?

I see a lot of guys on the UK forums have used a tool called SealMate to slip down into the fork and remove any dirt that might have got in there, seems to be a quick and easy quick to stop a leaking seal.

Or a bit of plastic milk carton. Might help reseat the seal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Yeah, the CBR.

Lovely, cheers lads. I might give that a shot first before dropping cash on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

blade1 wrote: »
    I had some Audi Missano Red in the shed which wasn't a bad match to Honda's Winning Red.
    I which now I took some pics of all the scuffs but it hasn't come out too bad with a polish.

A couple of spots where the paint was gone.

IMG-20210604-220233-Bokeh-01.jpg

And now

IMG-20210605-075541.jpg

IMG-20210605-075526.jpg
    listermint wrote: »
    That's a superb colour match. But a small bit of body filler and a light sand would take the gouge out nearly disappear the whole thing. Would you consider filler and then touch up again.

We're back in the game!

Crowley Chemicals in Cork scanned the cowl and it came up as a Volkswagen Red(probably explains why the Audi paint I had at home matched) and they done me up an aerosol can.

There's a lad near me that was a paint sprayer once upon a time, who I hadn't realised had started doing bike stuff during lockdown.
    So he sorted it for me.
    He has done a lovely job.
    He showed me some more detailed stuff he has done and it was out of this world.

So, cost of paint off Crowley's was €20.33 and for the services of the spray painter, he asked me for the princely sum of €20 :eek:

IMG-20210616-122347.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Lovely stuff !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I was looking at houses for sale in Dublin and spotted this on street view

556036.JPG

That's just verging on greedy if you ask me :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Back on the bike
    IMG-20210616-151649.jpg

I'll end up with two cowls now.
    Spotted a used one for sale in Japan so ordered that on Saturday and in typical fashion bumped into the lad that sprayed my one on Sunday evening.

So I'll either sell one or keep it for the next mishap! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭TheQ_Man

D3V!L wrote: »
    I was looking at houses for sale in Dublin and spotted this on street view

556036.JPG

That's just verging on greedy if you ask me :eek:

Looks like my house :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

TheQ_Man wrote: »
    Looks like my house :pac:

OOoh we're going to be neighbours !! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX