Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Yeah, the CBR.

Lovely, cheers lads. I might give that a shot first before dropping cash on it.

I did as the lads suggested in the past, just cut a piece of the carton into the shape of the piece you saw online.

Also, have you checked for pitting on the stanchion? You can do all the fixes you want but if its due to bad pitting you'll need to replace the stanchion.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

New Metzeller tyres, new mirrors and repainted wheels.

http://imgur.com/a/KHSuzAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

New Metzeller tyres, new mirrors and repainted wheels.

http://imgur.com/a/KHSuzAP

Nice.
    How's the Gladius treating you?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

blade1 wrote: »
    Nice.
    How's the Gladius treating you?

Pretty well thanks. New tyres make quite a difference and it's easy to ride. Fun too.

The seat is quite hard. 90 mins is about my limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Pretty well thanks. New tyres make quite a difference and it's easy to ride. Fun too.

Bony ass?
    Yeah, you can't go far wrong with an SV.
    I suppose you're a bit exposed to the elements but you'd get over that.

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    Bony ass?
    Yeah, you can't go far wrong with an SV.
    I suppose you're a bit exposed to the elements but you'd get over that.

Far from it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Check out airhawk cushions especially if you're gonna do longer spins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

GBX wrote: »
    Check out airhawk cushions especially if you're gonna do longer spins.

€185 for the airhawk cushion, was thinking of getting one myself as I max out at about 2hrs on the GSA with a touratec saddle. Do you have one youself? which type and how long before you need to make a stop?

Airhawk Saddles on motorcycleshop.ie

€185 for the airhawk cushion, was thinking of getting one myself as I max out at about 2hrs on the GSA with a touratec saddle. Do you have one youself? which type and how long before you need to make a stop?

Airhawk Saddles on motorcycleshop.ie

I don't. One of the lads does - swears by it. Another has a repurposed IKEA sheepskin mat thinks it's the bees knees. I've the comfort seat on my tiger 800. Grand for 2/3+ hours but usually stop by then to recharge.

• Advertisement

I'm happy enough to stop to stretch the old timbers every hour or so tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭raven41

horse7 wrote: »
    Unfortunately that spin was on 9th may, just before the lockdown was lifted.

We took a chance and stuck to the back roads, no checkpoints. Kind of done with the lockdown at that stage ðŸ‘...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

A question for the more experienced lads and ladies on here.

Are knee pads supposed to move in the trousers? I have a pair of RST Adventure trousers and I’ve noticed that I need to turn the trousers upside down and shake them before putting them on as the pads are invariably down around my ankles. When I shake them the pads move to around my crotch which makes them easier to move down to my knees when putting the trousers on but I have to admit to having no faith in them now, if the pads move that easily how are they supposed to offer protection??

Or am I doing something totally stupid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Are knee pads supposed to move in the trousers? I have a pair of RST Adventure trousers and I’ve noticed that I need to turn the trousers upside down and shake them before putting them on as the pads are invariably down around my ankles. When I shake them the pads move to around my crotch which makes them easier to move down to my knees when putting the trousers on but I have to admit to having no faith in them now, if the pads move that easily how are they supposed to offer protection??

Stop skipping leg day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No they should not be moving to that extent. Mine are nearly fixed in position. Are you sure they are the correct pads for the brand and model pants ?

listermint wrote: »
    No they should not be moving to that extent. Mine are nearly fixed in position. Are you sure they are the correct pads for the brand and model pants ?

Came with them when I bought them.

They might be held in place with velcro inside the lining. Usually there is an opening to allow adjustment. Check the ends of the legs for the opening and see if you can fix them in place.
    That said, was looking at some RST and Oxford trousers recently myself and some of the reviews mentioned about knee protection being better suited to certain sized lads. Shorter and they move about :confused:

They might be held in place with velcro inside the lining. Usually there is an opening to allow adjustment. Check the ends of the legs for the opening and see if you can fix them in place.
    That said, was looking at some RST and Oxford trousers recently myself and some of the reviews mentioned about knee protection being better suited to certain sized lads. Shorter and they move about :confused:

I'm 6'2"!!

I found the opening at the bottom, will have a play with them when i get a chance, thanks for the suggestion

I'm 6'2"!!

I found the opening at the bottom, will have a play with them when i get a chance, thanks for the suggestion

:eek::o That's still short compared to some people!! :pac:

Not me only 5"8" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Acquiescence

selling the bike seems a bit harsh
    here is one in what looks like really good condition
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/154326392392?hash=item23ee91de48:g:T~QAAOSwz0JgI~qh

Seat arrived today. Looks to be brand new. Thanks again.

• Advertisement

:eek::o That's still short compared to some people!! :pac:

Not me only 5"8" :D

Fair point, i'm the short arse in my family!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Fair point, i'm the short arse in my family!!

I'm the short-arse in my family and I'm 6ft 4 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

Lads sorry if wrong place, but just looking for some advice ,total noobie here.
    Just noticed this in my tyre should I do anything with it?No loss of pressure by the looks of it.

geotrig wrote: »
    Lads sorry if wrong place, but just looking for some advice ,total noobie here.
    Just noticed this in my tyre should I do anything with it?No loss of pressure by the looks of it.

I'd get it plugged. Can you get it to somewhere to plug it or know anybody who can do it for you? Where are you located?

In Limerick, anyone know who does it here?

Maybe Paul Greaney Granagh, Ballyvologe, Ballingarry, Co. Limerick or Meskells, Dublin Rd, Knockbrack West, Lisnagry, Co. Limerick?
    Dub here so thats all I can offer.

Maybe Paul Greaney Granagh, Ballyvologe, Ballingarry, Co. Limerick or Meskells, Dublin Rd, Knockbrack West, Lisnagry, Co. Limerick?
    Dub here so thats all I can offer.

Thanks dude will try meskells as not to far away

Dropped over to bikeworld, Ray took one look at them and said, yep, theres a problem.

The pads sit in a little pocket which is attached to an inner lining and the stitching on both had come away. Have a nice pair of loaners to keep me on the road while my own get sent back for repair

https://youtu.be/VFGLRBKhP-c

Garda Bike safe initiative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

****ing VRT, I've sorted VAT and Duty, had every document and bike present, revenue had no stat code for my bike so back next week when they generate one. Now it's not that much of an inconvenience but more annoying

Advertisement