Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

To me it looks like he was distracted looking at the work van. When he realised he was heading for the cones it was too late to swerve as there is a car behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lyndsey3000

zubair wrote: »
    It was on the ring road in naas. The second roundabout near power city.

I'll be avoiding the whole ring road from now on, the guy that picked up the bike told me he's pulling cars off that road constantly. He reckons there's either a problem with the surface or that the trucks are all spilling diesel on it, I think there's some lorry business on it.

I slide all over the road in my car at these roundabouts so I take it extra easy when I'm on the bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

How you feeling today Zubair......could be sore the day after?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭millingmachine

Oh no. Hope all is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

i had a look at the SV when i was over in Andys collecting my Vstrom.
    Damage isnt too bad really. The exhaust is the biggest pain in the hoop as its wrecked. Cant remember the name of the exhaust going on as a replacement.

Deffo wont sound as sexy as the one on it though

• Advertisement

goodlad wrote: »
    i had a look at the SV when i was over in Andys collecting my Vstrom.
    Damage isnt too bad really. The exhaust is the biggest pain in the hoop as its wrecked. Cant remember the name of the exhaust going on as a replacement.

Deffo wont sound as sexy as the one on it though

Would happen just after you slap that ROCK BAND on the back of the strom......hope you get up and running soon.

G'way outa that. My vstrom sounds incredible :p

I think its a venom exhaust going on his SV. 90% sure thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

SpotlessWaterloggedCaudata.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    How you feeling today Zubair......could be sore the day after?

A little sorer today. Hand and hip mainly. Went over my gear and need to replace my toe sliders and gloves. Can't imagine the pain I'd be in if I hadn't been wearing my gear. Jacket and trousers held up well.

I think its a venom exhaust going on his SV. 90% sure thats it

The exhaust was fecked, I fired up the bike after the spill and it was popping with very little revs, nice little hole in it.

It's the venom he's fitting, hoping it sounds good. Andy said there's two sets of db killers in it. I told him to take them both out :-)

Trying to mount my camera into the S2 lid but it doesn't sit right on the side of the lid. Due to the shape of the lid the camera sees way too much of the visor and won't see anything to the left.

I can mount it on top of the lid which seems to capture everything fine but I just think it will look weird the camera being on top of the helmet...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Which camera is this? I had my gopro on the side and it just sees a bit of the visor which looks cool. I would have put it on the top but I would not be able to open the visor.

I got a chest harness which gives a good view but it has to be up very high. I'm very hunched over on my bike though - might be ok on a more upright one... Can you get a chest harness for yours?

Its a HD drift. It was grand on my hjc lid as its more roundy than my s2.
    I put both lids on the table and compared how much of the visor I see on both. Side mounting on the s2 isn't an option and I don't fancy a chest harness.

Its so handy just clicking the camera into a lid mount every day. Kinda irritating me that it needs to mount on the top if the s2 for a proper view point

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

New gopro has a screen also: http://nofilmschool.com/2014/09/4k-gopro-hero4-black-silver-first-images-specs

It will probably cost about 4 billion euro though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Trying to mount my camera into the S2 lid but it doesn't sit right on the side of the lid. Due to the shape of the lid the camera sees way too much of the visor and won't see anything to the left.

I can mount it on top of the lid which seems to capture everything fine but I just think it will look weird the camera being on top of the helmet...

My lid is the same. I couldnt mount on the side so I mounted it on top. You do get strange looks as it stands out. It is the best position though as wherever you look the cam records the same view. With the top mounted view the image is so good you will soon forget what it looks like to others.

Its a HD drift. It was grand on my hjc lid as its more roundy than my s2.
    I put both lids on the table and compared how much of the visor I see on both. Side mounting on the s2 isn't an option and I don't fancy a chest harness.

Its so handy just clicking the camera into a lid mount every day. Kinda irritating me that it needs to mount on the top if the s2 for a proper view point

You can use epoxy putty and mould it so that the sidemount will sit better on the helmet. I would look into that before doing a top mount. Am sure if you Google it someone has done it already.

Im gonna just do the top mount and see how it goes.
    It did always annoy me that with the side mount i wasnt getting the full field of view that the camera can capture. Sure if its ****e i can use a hair dryer to take off the mount.

On another note. These will look awesome screwed into my handguards!

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/led-daytime-running-light-kit/625/1895/

Im gonna just do the top mount and see how it goes.
    It did always annoy me that with the side mount i wasnt getting the full field of view that the camera can capture. Sure if its ****e i can use a hair dryer to take off the mount.

On another note. These will look awesome screwed into my handguards!

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/led-daytime-running-light-kit/625/1895/

Its a very big camera to mount on top of a lid Gary.....ruin the look of the sexy lid too.

I ended up side mounting it. No idea yet how the footage looks but I record a few hours today so will check it later.

At least the mic is situated on the very back of that camera so wind noise will be kept to a minimum.

Few pics from the Dunboyne Festival, was asked to do a spot of marshalling as they were stuck so I obliged.....taken on my new Sony Xperia Z2 with a 20mp sensor, does a great job.
    Some very clean bikes and a VFR 800 that was so clean it left me in awe, and it was nearly 20 yrs old.

21junh4.jpg

2h2h1kj.jpg

Think your tyre is a bit square m8.....
    fc49at.jpg

rs96dh.jpg

swaecz.jpg

juxyis.jpg
    Clean is not the word...pics dont do it justice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Here are some pics i took today at Dunboyne

1_zpsf25ad01b.jpg
    4_zpsfa7f63f7.jpg
    3_zps8461d1d3.jpg
    21_zps078ea0aa.jpg
    DSC_3976Large_zps717b1ad8.jpg
    2_zps1f66a32b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

16_zpsa0725bcc.jpg
    15_zps96844d3b.jpg
    19_zpsd554fc43.jpg
    14_zpsd455d054.jpg
    13_zps7e1a9af3.jpg
    12_zps91f5f9a9.jpg
    bLarge_zps35cdf2ac.jpg
    11_zps971539f8.jpg
    22_zps1f917dba.jpg
    10_zps479f470c.jpg
    8_zpscaf14729.jpg
    20_zps5dd0bbdb.jpg
    9_zpsde865bbd.jpg
    7_zpsc4ce57c3.jpg
    5_zps798b7d34.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Is that a parking ticket on the GT40's wiper :pac:

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Driving to work this morning and traffic was mental, more than usual - filtering down harrington street in Dublin about 15 kmh and out of no where this belly rubs off my mirror. Fattest bloke in Dublin decided to walk out in front of my bike luckily he must have a lot of nerve endings in his belly and jumped backwards.

How the fella didn't see me is understandable because his belly sticks out a good 12 inches further than the rest of him, but how did he not even hear me!?

Fat ears man. Its like wearing ear plugs all day.

I think Blu creamed himself when he sat on my bike....

15390471926_6039291b93_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

I think Blu creamed himself when he sat on my bike....

ROFLMAO Ya ****ebag!!!

...and no it was because there wasn't enough room for my balls! :p

Lads. I have a set of Givi s320 spot lights I'm gonna sell on.
    Scuff on one of the lights as when my strom went over the light scratched off the ground.

Just wanted to see if anyone here was interested before putting them up on adverts and done deal.

Picked up the bike this morning. Jaysus it's good to have it back. Being stuck in the cage going to work drove me mad and it was only 3 days. But the M50 was chaos in the evenings.

Have to say, Andy has himself a new customer. Great to deal with and he did a great job. He told me the bike would be ready today and sure enough it was ready this morning. The new venom can sounds sweet, not as loud as the old one but the note is probably a bit more aggresive. He even fitted the carbon fibre thingy (dunno what's it's called :confused:) Goodlad dropped out to him. Thanks Gary!

Lessons learned: Fit crash bungs. Even if the road looks safe there can be slippy stuff. Wear your gear, even on the short journeys.

• Advertisement

zubair wrote: »
    Picked up the bike this morning. Jaysus it's good to have it back. Being stuck in the cage going to work drove me mad and it was only 3 days. But the M50 was chaos in the evenings.

Have to say, Andy has himself a new customer. Great to deal with and he did a great job. He told me the bike would be ready today and sure enough it was ready this morning. The new venom can sounds sweet, not as loud as the old one but the note is probably a bit more aggresive. He even fitted the carbon fibre thingy (dunno what's it's called :confused:) Goodlad dropped out to him. Thanks Gary!

Lessons learned: Fit crash bungs. Even if the road looks safe there can be slippy stuff. Wear your gear, even on the short journeys.

Glad you back on the boike again m8 so quickly, and all sorted.

Advertisement