Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If I was thinking MT, I'd be going Mt10 or MT09.

Out of the other 2 I'd personally go Guzzi.

Cant give you any info on any of them though as I haven't ridden them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

MT07 is the odd one out compared to the other 2, why it and not either of the xrs.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 663 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Yeah I threw in the MT07 just because its price performance is pretty good and its still an upright seating position. Not mad on the looks of the XSR to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

Fee the same about the xsr myself. I also slightly prefer the look of the mt 07 over the 09 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Well lads is this pluggable or what will I do? suppose after 3 years I was due a puncture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

ugh. But ye, I'd try and plug it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I Dont post here, but I Saw this in vilamoura tonight and thought it was kinda cool... said I would share it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭horse7

Big head!!! Here's the thing, I got a new helmet and it's really good fit, but after an hour and half riding it's really tight on my head, so once I take it off for 5 minutes all is good to go again. So is it normal or does your head swell after a while riding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Christ, I really must take my mind out of the gutter 🤐

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Right then: no going back now: just sent a deposit on a (new-to-me) bike in Netherlands........ all I have to do now is.............go & get it, in about 3 weeks. I hope the weather isn't mental on the way back......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What ya getting???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

+1 on whatcha gettin. How does that work? Fly to Schipol and drive the bike back? What about insurance traveling from Holland through England, do you need to organise that or will your policy cover it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

Your Irish policy should cover it (might have to top up depending on what already covered for, if dropping something off it etc). Cherbourg is your other option if want to avoid "plague island" - drop by the Ulster Tower (the Somme). (Can't seem to rotate photo).

I'll not divulge just yet: where's the fun in that !! 😀

I'm flying to NL, collecting it from the shop, and riding it home.

I wouldn't even countenance going via UK these days, so it's Cherbourg-Dublin - get a nice rest on the boat, and short-ish trip home to Galway. One stopover enroute in France as there's no boat to catch on a Saturday anyway.

Bike will be insured here before I go over for it.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 663 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

So I was near megabikes and I dropped in to have a look. The MT-07 in flesh isnt a very nice looking bike, it looks odd from pretty much all angles. Wont be getting that! I did see that Kawasaki announced a Z650 RS that looks nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Yeah it would be a tough choice

The MT-07 looks a little too naked

And the Z650 RS looks to retro to my liking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

Was it a new mt07 the new light on the is very jarring ? I'm not fond of some of the colours either , I suppose for me with any of these sometimes colouring is the difference, like poster bove I'm not gone on the Kawasaki z 650rs it's just too retro / samilar to the xsr. They are not bad bikes I'd just pick others over them.

Can see a lines from a GS, Multistrada and Africa Twin. Not a bad looking bike.

It's KTM engine & Bosch electrics.

• Advertisement

It just looked odd from pretty much all angles, the fuel tank is a weird shape on it as well. Everything else about it is great price/performance is great. But I dont think I could have it on my driveway and not think "boy she aint a looker!"

Ah propos nothing in particular - the SO was looking at a bike - well bought it, yesterday, and the guy had already bought a new bike to replace it.

A new (ish) Benelli TRK502. i have to say, it is very impressive in the flesh, well equipped, and even the exhaust note was impressive. At the price they are, you'd be hard pressed to pay big money for old stuff when you could have one of them imho.

Ode To The Motorist

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Got the SFV650 Gladius out for a spin yesterday.

I've reached a point where I've no more jobs to do on it. It's running and riding beautifully. Might throw a small screen on it soon however.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Update. Bought a screen 😊

Bought a new chain & sprockets for my Tiger. Gonna get a breaker/rivet tool and do it myself. Have a torque wrench somewhere from one of them random Lidl shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭sonic85

I'm looking at buying a new pair of boots - possibly Alpinestars and was just wondering if anyone here has a pair of Alpinstars and if so what is the fit like? Is is safe enough to go with the size you normally wear or would I need to go up a size? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Definitely try a pair on. I got a pair of Dainese in 9/43 and had to return as they ended up too small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭sonic85

There aren't any bike shops in my neck of the woods and I don't want the hassle of blindly ordering stuff online and having to send it back. I've read Alpinestars stuff can be a bit on the tight side so I was just wondering if I'd be better off going up a size to compensate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

This is the internet... Treat anything you read on a forum with a pinch of salt... Not that people will purposely give false information, but because they generally don't know what they're talking about.

I bought a pair of Alpinestar boots about 2 months ago. They sizing feels a little large, but I haven't broken them in yet. I'm satisfied and am not intending to return them.

Advertisement