Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

You might want to tell the neighbours to say goodbye to that creeper! Serves them right for not cutting it back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Tis dark in the morning now lads and soon enough it will be dark on the drive home from work.
    In case anyone doesn't know you can get free high viz stuff from the rsa. The bike one is grand and zips up.

http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Road-Safety/Orders-online/Orders-online/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Must you be in a organisation ?

Ya lost me.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

goodlad wrote: »
    Tis dark in the morning now lads and soon enough it will be dark on the drive home from work.
    In case anyone doesn't know you can get free high viz stuff from the rsa. The bike one is grand and zips up.

http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Road-Safety/Orders-online/Orders-online/

Headlights (both dipped and hi beams) wouldn't turn on this morning, had to wait till it brightened up before I could drive with just the side lights - something to look at over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

blade1 wrote: »
    Must you be in a organisation ?
    Ya lost me.....

I have to create an account to order one.
    It's asking me for Organisation,position and Organisation website?

No idea. I made the account ages ago.
    I think i typed in "moo" for some of the questions.

Ive actually ordered from the site twice. A while back they had high viz and running vests in kids sizes too so i nabbed a few of those too along with the backpack cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Some luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭millingmachine

What happened there?

He is a dope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

He is a dope

Even when he stopped and started again he nearly hit the other path!!!!

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,331 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Too fast (for him anyway) and panicked when the bend tightened up, ironically it was already opening out again before he went onto the grass, if he'd kept it leant over and a bit of throttle on he would have been grand. Then he target fixated on the pole and nearly hit that, even at that speed that would not have been funny

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭millingmachine

It's very easy to run wide, trust me I know.

Time to pay the vstrom a visit :D

15315663699_032f2b5a3f_c.jpg

Time to pay the vstrom a visit :D

15315663699_032f2b5a3f_c.jpg

Man you love to spend money mate......you can do mine when finished yours. The bugs on mine are like something out of Jurassic Park.

Ah i have this stuff ages man. Ya barely use any of it per wash.
    Had given the bike a solid coat of wax a while back but since the front fairings and light surrounds were replaced i haven't cleaned it at all.

Was told the secret to washing any car or bike by a lad who does it for a living is to use 2 separate buckets. That was you are not rubbing the dirt and grit back into the bike or car after using the sponge or cloth.

I use that wash because it won't strip previous wax coatings. The paint cleaner is like using a clay bar. It removes all remaining dirt from the pain and leaves it freakishly smooth so when the wax goes on last your not waxing on any dirt. Sure ya seen the finish on the bike yourself the first time I was out on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

And so it begins. I heard on the weather its to be 0 -6 degrees overnight. It will be my first chilly commute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

And so it begins. I heard on the weather its to be 0 -6 degrees overnight. It will be my first chilly commute.

Couple of mornings last week were no picnic, down to 2 or 3 degrees outside town. Reminded me of the cycling days doing 35km into town like a madman in single digits. Keeps the manners on you :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Last few days were cold. Was 2 degrees this morning on my way to work. Wore my winter gear and was grand. I haven't fitted my heated grips yet but was fine without them, will have to get them on soon tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

zubair wrote: »
    Last few days were cold. Was 2 degrees this morning on my way to work. Wore my winter gear and was grand. I haven't fitted my heated grips yet but was fine without them, will have to get them on soon tho.

I was going to fit mine tomorrow but I was called into work so it will have to wait.

I threw the liner into my jacket and was grand today from the waist up.
    Deffo gotta let the liner into my pants for tomorrow, my balls were frozen! :o

My pinlock also failed miserably today. Once i hit the motorway and the cold air was hitting me the fooking thing just slowly started fogging up. I checked and its installed grand.

I really wish all visors were like my HJC one and they were recessed for the pinlock so there is zero chance of any fogging.

My pinlock also failed miserably today. Once i hit the motorway and the cold air was hitting me the fooking thing just slowly started fogging up. I checked and its installed grand.

I really wish all visors were like my HJC one and they were recessed for the pinlock so there is zero chance of any fogging.

How old is the pinlock? If cleaned with the like of MR Sheen on the inside it can effect the adhesion to the visor. Mine is starting to act up a tad but its 3 yrs old now in the Arai.

Its brand new on the S2.
    Just checked the schuberth site and found some instructions on how to increase the pressure on the seal. Will give it a bash when i get home.

***Leaks/Fogging

If fogging occurs on the visor in the vicinity of the Pinlock lens or if water should get between the visor shield and Pinlock lens, the inner shield is possibly not positioned correctly or the pressure on the seal is too low. The pressure on the seal can be regulated by turning the two eccentric retaining pins. To do this, remove the inner shield, carefully push the retaining pins out of the outer shield using a flat but not sharp-edged object, turn them 180° and then put them back in place. Then install the inner shield and check the seal. Your dealer will also be pleased to do this for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

zubair wrote: »

I had heated grips on one of my bikes a few years back, unfortunatly they are a more of novelty than anything else, they only heat up the part of your hand that doesn't need it - your palm, the part that really needs it are your fingers because they are exposed more... Don't get me wrong, I loved having them on during the -0 spells but I always felt let down when my phalanges were frozen solid...

I had my winter gloves on today.
    Heated grips up full. And my bike has handguards.

My fingertips were frozen! The handguards do a grand job deflecting the wind but don't deflect at the bottom very well. I can angle them down a bit more but that also moves the levers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Same here, brand new(ish) pinlock visor fogged horribly, thankfully I'm not on motorways yet so I got to crack the visor a tiny bit.

I think it's to do with the difference in temp, I keep the lid inside in the nice warm house, so taking it out to near freezing and then exposing it to wind chill would be a test of any material.

If cracking your visor open stopped your pinlock fogging up then your pinlock isn't installed correctly.

There should be no gap between the pinlock and you visor so any airflow in shouldn't be able to clear it. When mine slowly fogs I can't do anything about it at all. I just have to fully open the visor and deal with the wind in my face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

If fitted correctly the pinlock shouldnt fog up at all. I've had different lids with them and any time I had issues with it fogging I had to re adjust it.
    If you have mad the holes in the visor to suit the pins - it could be that there is not enough or too much space so the pinlock will continue to fog up.

Advertisement