Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options
1351352353354355357»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭geotrig

no ,thats my machine on 10k miles …😂

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Or I've often heard described as pinstripers 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Not alot of context 50k on machine A is different to 50k on machine B. I've one bike with I think 86k km on it and one with 52k km on it. Both bullet proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭geotrig

Yeah it's where I'm conflicted, if I put most of those miles on myself it wouldn't bother me but buying a bike with 50ish k miles is territory I've never been in or even cont plated, now if it was as gs or that is be nearly asking why it hasn't got that many miles 😅 the odd Honda I've seen with 80-90k and seem to be still sweet, suppose we were spoiled here for a long time with low milage bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I've said it before but when buying try buying bike off an enthusiast of the bike.

Regardless of milage, there's a huge difference buying from a good and a bad owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,054 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

In other news… generally not a good idea in a democracy when the police are telling politicians what laws to make.

He said an avenue that might be considered to increase road safety for
    motorcyclists, 13 of whom have died on the roads this year, was a
    periodic technical inspection for roadworthiness. “As it stands, Ireland
    is one of only a handful of EU states that doesn’t require any level of
    roadworthiness testing for motorcycles,” he said.

Well maybe he could start by actually looking at the data and educating himself on how many motorcycle deaths / serious injuries are caused by mechanical failure.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Could anyone shed some light on how it works when a new model comes out.

Do the first batch enter the country together for whichever dealers are getting them.

Have a bike ordered and I know that another dealer has just received one.

AFAIK there's only a handful coming for now.

I've been told about 3 weeks now.

Bike Magazine's bike of the year.

Guest tester Richard Hammond

• Registered Users Posts: 35,054 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'm seeing cage 🤮 😂

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Penny saved is a penny earned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

2 lads killed and a third badly injured this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

Why I never encourage anyone to start out on a bike. Rest in peace to them and all the others who passed away

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Fair play for wading in when you've 2 families grieving most recently to show your anti bike stance 🙄 pick your moments

RIP and condolences to the families.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

I have a bike idiot. It's a personal opinion on a public forum. Get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Go out on the **** thing so. Twat

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Itineoman

Been on two wheels for 46 years and would be slow to encourage anyone having lost two classmates before they were 21. The consequences are horrible once anything goes wrong. BUT…. It’s so worth it in terms of pure enjoyment that middle aged me is happy to head out on a Sunday spin in tractor crawling, cowshit covered, random loose clippings blind bends rural Ireland. Anyone who has toured Europe (or indeed UK) knows how safe it is compared to at home. Another thread needed for that maybe. I think most on here have the experience to ensure they get back in one piece. I’m still learning…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Was hearing different things but on the radio today it said 3 bikes.

From the sound of it at the start I thought it was 2 bikes and a car.

Advertisement