Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Its that time of year again lads

http://public.motocom.co.uk/mega_explosive/

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

The Little Person Inside.

Some story, and a funny fecker too.

http://vimeo.com/109999643

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Anyone have these? seen a post on the bikeworld facebook - they're rrp of 150...

not normally into short boots but these look pretty good... http://www.mandsmotorcycles.co.uk/shop/dainese-motorshoe-d-wp-boots-blackwhitered

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

OK, a load of reasons why I wouldn't want one of these myself, but I'll leave it here anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cienciano wrote: »
    OK, a load of reasons why I wouldn't want one of these myself, but I'll leave it here anyway

Great idea but far too flimsy tbh, ideal out a back garden but the dampness would have the helmet and leathers wrecked never mind the bike. I would not keep them in there.

Here's some advice to anyone with loud exhausts:
    Take a trip through the port tunnel. It's cheap on weekends. But bloody hell, the sound is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cienciano wrote: »
    Here's some advice to anyone with loud exhausts:
    Take a trip through the port tunnel. It's cheap on weekends. But bloody hell, the sound is amazing!

Or go to Germany, some of the tunnels lasted about 10mins......lol

Anyone behind me would be deaf!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

if you dont set off the lights, you're doing it wrong >.>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Never been in the Port Tunnel, but it's on the 'to do sometime' list :cool:

Longest tunnel I was in was Mont Blanc, 2 years before the fire disaster in 1999. Don't know if I'd go back after that. Pricey enough too.. but I needed to get back into France before nightfall and going over the mountain passes at dusk wasn't a great option - and the tunnel was a cool thing to do once. It'd be boring to do more than once...

Edit: there was a biker hero in the fire Pierlucio Tinazzi

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Never been in the Port Tunnel, but it's on the 'to do sometime' list :cool:

Longest tunnel I was in was Mont Blanc, 2 years before the fire disaster in 1999. Don't know if I'd go back after that. Pricey enough too.. but I needed to get back into France before nightfall and going over the mountain passes at dusk wasn't a great option - and the tunnel was a cool thing to do once. It'd be boring to do more than once...

Edit: there was a biker hero in the fire Pierlucio Tinazzi
    I read about that guy before, a serious legend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Some people go to amazing lengths for their bikes. This guy is one of them and it really paid off because IMO the bike looks AWESOME

http://imgur.com/a/7g3ZO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

That green is lovely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

colm_c wrote: »

Similar to the NC750x images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2f2xvOk2oRTALT-pj_EoxH6a9KqF2AhWFn94sNU8wOLDoDWuP3Q

It will be mine. Oh yes it will be mine:P

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Similar to the NC750x images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2f2xvOk2oRTALT-pj_EoxH6a9KqF2AhWFn94sNU8wOLDoDWuP3Q

It will be mine. Oh yes it will be mine:P

Two different machines entirely IMO.

I have zero photoshop skills so forgive my crude attempt of posting this pic. Maybe someone with a little skill can post a better comparison picture.

I think you are comparing the aesthetics of the machines and leppla is comparing the motors, etc.... The technical shoite! lol

• Advertisement

goodlad wrote: »
    I think you are comparing the aesthetics of the machines and leppla is comparing the motors, etc.... The technical shoite! lol

Most likely the case. Im talking looks only.

all the bikes in that bracket look the same imo :)

Just thinking out loud here or ( day dreaming ). How would finance work with a bike shop from the uk or up North. Can it work or is a complete no go. Say for example you seen a bike in phillip mccallans shop and wanted to get it on finance or similar deal. Can it be done or would u need to be a uk resident?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Just thinking out loud here or ( day dreaming ). How would finance work with a bike shop from the uk or up North. Can it work or is a complete no go. Say for example you seen a bike in phillip mccallans shop and wanted to get it on finance or similar deal. Can it be done or would u need to be a uk resident?

You need a uk address. I inquired before about ktm 0% finance.

That said I'm sure if you were very serious about buying s brand new bike and your address was holding up the finance, the dealer might help you out a little!!

leppla wrote: »
    You need a uk address. I inquired before about ktm 0% finance.

That said I'm sure if you were very serious about buying s brand new bike and your address was holding up the finance, the dealer might help you out a little!!

Ah knew it would be a long shot:( Ill keep adding the coppers to the piggy bank so

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭prunudo

Who knew you shouldnt use heated grips with goretex gloves!? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

goodlad wrote: »
    Who knew you shouldnt use heated grips with goretex gloves!? :confused:

Makes me feel a bit better for not fitting my grips yet.

Was 2c the other morning and fingers only got cold near the end and that was 30k of motorway, when in town they actually warmed up a bit. A fairing definitely makes a difference even if it doesn't cover your hands fully. My fingers used to get painfully cold even with heated grips on the hornet.

Advertisement