Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i was thinking of getting mx style hand guards for this winter to protect from the wind chill. brrrr. Guess we have just been spoiled with the weather recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

One of my cats pissed on my bike jacket last week!! :eek: No matter wtf i do it still stinks. The bitch pissed all over it from the elbow to the cuff on the right arm.

Tried cat piss specific stuff, counter spray, jax spray! Everything i could think of.... But eventually the cat piss smell wins the battle and appears again :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Some light reading for you, it's a riding manual from the Norwegian Motorcycle Union.

http://www.rideitright.org/documents/Full%20Control_2013.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

goodlad wrote: »
    Who knew you shouldnt use heated grips with goretex gloves!? :confused:

That lad is talking bs.

The only way you'd have that effect is if your heated grips were hot enough to steam water.

Been using heated grips and goretex gloves for the last 5 years and never had any leaks other than holes due to wear and tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

One of my cats pissed on my bike jacket last week!! :eek: No matter wtf i do it still stinks. The bitch pissed all over it from the elbow to the cuff on the right arm.

Tried cat piss specific stuff, counter spray, jax spray! Everything i could think of.... But eventually the cat piss smell wins the battle and appears again :mad:

First and last but of pussy that jacket seen !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Some light reading for you, it's a riding manual from the Norwegian Motorcycle Union.

http://www.rideitright.org/documents/Full%20Control_2013.pdf

Nice post Joe.. Should be put into starting out thread or stickied

This is deffo the funniest video ive seen all year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

I haven't watched this one yet (have it on my YT 'watch later' list).. But its an Irish guy who takes tours from Alaska to Argentina on a BMW R1100GS

That you popping a wheelie on the Navan road this evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I see sportsbikeshop.co.uk started a clearence sale today. Just in case anyone's "justifying" some new gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Went away for a week, came back and it's proper winter now. If it's not pissing down rain it's dark (sunset at 16:40 today, I **** you not!).

Picked up my first bike 2 weeks ago, and have gotten to ride it a grand total of twice -- don't feel confident going out in the wet just yet (and new tyres make it tricky). Getting the serious itch here, grrrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Went away for a week, came back and it's proper winter now. If it's not pissing down rain it's dark (sunset at 16:40 today, I **** you not!).

Picked up my first bike 2 weeks ago, and have gotten to ride it a grand total of twice -- don't feel confident going out in the wet just yet (and new tyres make it tricky). Getting the serious itch here, grrrrr.

Did I miss something? I thought you already had a bike. What did you get?

Get those tyres broken in on a dry day and get comfortable with the bike. Then get some wet miles under your belt. Practice will make you more confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

DaveD wrote: »
    That you popping a wheelie on the Navan road this evening?

Sorry just seen this.. Probably, where did you see it?.

I wheelie everywhere, but if I recall correctly ~ Navan Rd/Auburn Ave junction and into heavy traffic approaching the Blanc/M50 junction?

zubair wrote: »
    Did I miss something? I thought you already had a bike. What did you get?

Get those tyres broken in on a dry day and get comfortable with the bike. Then get some wet miles under your belt. Practice will make you more confident.

I was borrowing a GZ250 until I realised it was way too small for me (I'm a hefty lad). Got a deauville a few weeks back, and it's had two outings in pant-****ting gale-force wind so far :-)

Sorry just seen this.. Probably, where did you see it?.

I wheelie everywhere, but if I recall correctly ~ Navan Rd/Auburn Ave junction and into heavy traffic approaching the Blanc/M50 junction?

Yup - i was on the GSXR. Nice sound off your bike :)

Yup - i was on the GSXR. Nice sound off your bike :)

Oh I remember, I nodded over towards you on my left? (black Gixxer?).

Yea I like the sound from my pipes, thanks.. How the feck did you know it was me?.. (I'm guessing pix of my bike here).

Discovered why I was fogging with a pinlock - the lads I bought the lid off put the wrong insert in it. Had a bit sticking out on the top of the insert that meant closing the visor was moving the insert and breaking the airseal.

20 quid on eBay to get the insert for my actual visor and sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Bought some of this stuff in bikeworld at the weekend when I was buying my new pants

http://www.screen-kleen.com/visorkleen-cleaning/

Applied it today, will need reapplying every so often but it's a fraction of the price of a pinlock ready visor + insert.

Vikings wrote: »
    Bought some of this stuff in bikeworld at the weekend when I was buying my new pants

Applied it today, will need reapplying every so often but it's a fraction of the price of a pinlock ready visor + insert.

Dunno how things are with helmets on the bike (only starting out) but I've tried every spray, oil, cat crap, washing up liquid, spit, and who knows what to stop goggles fogging for airsoft, and nothing beats a bit of airflow, either crack the visor or get stuff with more gaps around the side.

Want to get some stuff for outside to repel rain, so may give this or something similar a go though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Pinlock, everything else is just messin

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Can you retrofit pinlock or do you have to buy the special visor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

pretty sure you can get kits with pins and the insert - will require having to drill little holes for the pins in the visor however

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,331 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Pinlock, everything else is just messin

Pinlocks are great, been using them for years and never let me down. I use a Foggy mask as well though as I need to wear glasses at night.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Vikings wrote: »

I uses similar stuff before. It sort of spreads the water vapor around the visor, gives it a blurry look.

My bike has hardly left the front of my house the last month.
    With only a 25 minute commute on N7/M7 with pretty much no traffic all the way to work i really cant be arsed getting all the gear on for it.

Takes about 10 minutes to get all the gear on, unlock the bike etc...
    I'm almost half way to work in the car by the time i would of been driving away from the house on the bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

My bike has hardly left the front of my house the last month.
    With only a 25 minute commute on N7/M7 with pretty much no traffic all the way to work i really cant be arsed getting all the gear on for it.

Takes about 10 minutes to get all the gear on, unlock the bike etc...
    I'm almost half way to work in the car by the time i would of been driving away from the house on the bike.

Mines gone into semi retirement as well and it's pretty new. Takes me 20 minutes to get to work door to door on the bus. Hardly worth my while starting it.

Ive a builder coming out at the weekend to price up knocking down a piece of crap fence along the side of my house and putting up a concrete wall then slapping up a roof from the side of the house to the new wall for me.

At least then i will have somewhere to keep my bike sheltered instead of out the front of the house every day. Couldn't even be arsed putting a cover over it as that just added to the time every morning to take the bike vs car.

No idea what money im looking at for the wall and roof. Literally have no idea what quote to expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Ive a builder coming out at the weekend to price up knocking down a piece of crap fence along the side of my house and putting up a concrete wall then slapping up a roof from the side of the house to the new wall for me.

At least then i will have somewhere to keep my bike sheltered instead of out the front of the house every day. Couldn't even be arsed putting a cover over it as that just added to the time every morning to take the bike vs car.

No idea what money im looking at for the wall and roof. Literally have no idea what quote to expect.

Well what ever he quotes you, gasp and say are you having a laugh!!! Then he will knock another €50 off it!

;)

Oh I remember, I nodded over towards you on my left? (black Gixxer?).

Yea I like the sound from my pipes, thanks.. How the feck did you know it was me?.. (I'm guessing pix of my bike here).

Thats me. Yup, pics on here. Bike & helmet gave you away.

Thats me. Yup, pics on here. Bike & helmet gave you away.

Not too many with a big yellow BMW and open faced Captain America helmet I guess :p Although with the cold days coming in I'm wearing a black Nitro with skulls.. Next time please drop over and say HI ~ when I'm not cycling I'm using that junction morning & evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Not too many with a big yellow BMW and open faced Captain America helmet I guess :p Although with the cold days coming in I'm wearing a black Nitro with skulls.. Next time please drop over and say HI ~ when I'm not cycling I'm using that junction morning & evening.

You were wearing the open face lid outside the Law Society on Blackhall Place this morning :cool::cool::cool:.

Advertisement