Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

So, got a package from ups this morning, and for the life of me hadn't a clue what it could be, all my on line orders have already been delivered. I'd sort of forgotten the deal I got with crossans, when I went up last Saturday, that on top of the 20% discount on the lid, then arai would send you a pro shade system visor on top of that.
    Not only did I get that, but included in the box was a pinlock insert.
    I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭sonic85

anybody heading to motorcycle live this week lads? im really looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

sonic85 wrote: »
    anybody heading to motorcycle live this week lads? im really looking forward to it!

Yeah 3 of us off here are going, was over there last year too.

Excellent day at the NEC today some cracking bikes and class gear. If only I had more £££! Thought id love the new r1 but it was a bit meh and thought id hate the honda rcv but didnt think it was too bad in the flesh. Wasnt gone on the h2 either to be honest. Roll on next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭blade1

sonic85 wrote: »
    Excellent day at the NEC today some cracking bikes and class gear. If only I had more £££! Thought id love the new r1 but it was a bit meh and thought id hate the honda rcv but didnt think it was too bad in the flesh. Wasnt gone on the h2 either to be honest. Roll on next year!

What did u bring us back??:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

blade1 wrote: »

I brought me back an RST Blade leather suit, got a great deal on it. I'm here since 7:30 this morning and walked around the whole show for the day. Amazing day out :D

A shoei keyring any good to ya?! The one thing I wanted to buy I couldnt get my hands on (pair of furygan gloves). Got pictures of jonathan rea michael dunlop leon haslam and james ellison too

KTRIC wrote: »
    I brought me back an RST Blade leather suit, got a great deal on it. I'm here since 7:30 this morning and walked around the whole show for the day. Amazing day out :D

I wasnt really in the market for anything but I thought the selection of gear was fairly top notch. It was brilliant just looking through all the stuff

Excellent cant wait, heading over Tuesday. Tell me this, what corner of the event is the YAMAHA MOTO X....it was top right hand corner last year. Minute them ropes drop I have gonna be like an R1 running up there to book. It was booked out in 5 mins last year......done it twice over the 2 days.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Excellent cant wait, heading over Tuesday. Tell me this, what corner of the event is the YAMAHA MOTO X....it was top right hand corner last year. Minute them ropes drop I have gonna be like an R1 running up there to book. It was booked out in 5 mins last year......done it twice over the 2 days.

Its in hall 3 as far as I know - if you go in the hall 3 entrance ducati will be on the right harley will be on the left the blackhorse stage is at the back and the off road experience is at the far left I think

• Advertisement

I'm driving 15 years and yesterday finally took the leap and bought full leathers and by f**k i'm blown away by how comfy and warm I am :D

Was out for a spin today in them and they kept be lovely and toasty despite the nasty chill in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I find leathers fooking freezing. In temperatures like today i do have a tshirt, jumper, jacket with thermal lining in, 3 oxford thingys around my neck, heated grips up full, winter gloves on and i do still be cold! :o

I'm driving 15 years and yesterday finally took the leap and bought full leathers and by f**k i'm blown away by how comfy and warm I am :D

Was out for a spin today in them and they kept be lovely and toasty despite the nasty chill in the air.

I have similar to those, they are RST Tracktech.
    A bit of a breeze goes through the zip but other than that they are warm enough
    as long as they are not too cold when I put them on.

I have similar to those, they are RST Tracktech.
    A bit of a breeze goes through the zip but other than that they are warm enough
    as long as they are not too cold when I put them on.

I have anti-freeze running through my veins :P

I was wearing a thermal base layer as well, that helped a bit.

Oh and I learned how to pop a wheelie today :D

I've been seriously underestimating my bike up until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I see that motorcycle live is on TV at the mo.

Repeated later today on eurosport 1, @23:30

zubair wrote: »
    I see that motorcycle live is on TV at the mo.

Repeated later today on eurosport 1, @23:30

I might be on that, actually its Mr Parish that is presenting this. He was looking at the new R1 when I was and I said hello. Well he waffled the ears of me like I knew him for years. Very very nice man, a real gent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Oh and I learned how to pop a wheelie today :D

They're like Pringles ~ 'Once you pop, you can't stop'.. Now you're duty bound to share your new found gift with the world :D

They're like Pringles ~ 'Once you pop, you can't stop'.. Now you're duty bound to share your new found gift with the world :D

Never laughed so much when I managed it and had a smile all the way home. Two wheels are over rated , one wheel is where its at !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Never laughed so much when I managed it and had a smile all the way home. Two wheels are over rated , one wheel is where its at !! :D

Just mind you don't end up with no wheels! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Seriously, if its something you're going to try more often get into the habit of covering the rear brake ~ it'll save you flipping it, but it'll be awhile before you're getting it very high. However its still a good habit to develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Anyone that went to NEC Live get to witness this in the flesh?

Anyone that went to NEC Live get to witness this in the flesh?

Yes, it was great the 1st time but the ****in noise of it all day was mental!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

Purchase this bad boy at motorcycle live on Tuesday!!!

got it at a bargain price!!!

dorannoel wrote: »
    Purchase this bad boy at motorcycle live on Tuesday!!!

got it at a bargain price!!!

:eek: :eek:

Absolute stunning lid, best lid on the market without doubt IMHO. Really really nice.....

• Registered Users Posts: 43 chiplad

Got pulled by guards for speeding just now, didn't see a bit of him, traffic core car. He said I was 120 in an 80, I reckon I was doing 100 tops. So fair enough I was speeding but not at 120! I asked him had he a gun to show me my speed and he wouldn't. Saw you with my own two eyes he said. What nonsense! Can I challenge it? What's the likely outcome in court?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Special offer on the MotoGP website until midnight Friday - buy the off-season Videopass for 99 cent (was 12.49)

Ah, thread already here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057334619

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

@chiplad I reckon he's bluffing!
    Trying to put the sh*ts up ya for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 chiplad

@chiplad I reckon he's bluffing!
    Trying to put the sh*ts up ya for a while!

I doubt it, took all my details and told me to expect 3 points and a fine 😀

• Advertisement

chiplad wrote: »
    I doubt it, took all my details and told me to expect 3 points and a fine 😀

Personally I'd want proof of the speed.
    I've been told the same thing several times over the years and it never amounted to anything!
    They have always taken my name.

I'm not saying you definitely got away with it but I'd be surprised if you didn't.

Advertisement