Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Come on, which one of you was it?

ylwsikN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

HAHA Brilliant Blu. Where did you find that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

leppla wrote: »
    HAHA Brilliant Blu. Where did you find that?

Think I spotted it on Reddit yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sorry for the late post guys but as promised (Zubair) few pics from the NEC show in Birmingham.....not 56k modem friendly.

2v8hehg.jpg

23rpcba.jpg

mtm590.jpg

2hhdmix.jpg

25upnxw.jpg

2r23cl3.jpg

29c2bdk.jpg

dq0n7r.jpg

2rddceb.jpg

30magpj.jpg

And more of the same.....

5d5pic.jpg

k4js5e.jpg

21obqbo.jpg

2zyj71c.jpg

• Advertisement

Blue,

I have a few pics here of an RC8 track bike.....jaysus its savage.

2emev0w.jpg

9ibhbd.jpg

125gfwo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Blue,

I have a few pics here of an RC8 track bike.....jaysus its savage.
    Savage!Would love one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

nice pics wonda boy

lennymc wrote: »
    nice pics wonda boy

I have hundreds of them, gonna throw them up on FLICKR and post a line when I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭sonic85

some lovely pics there - they turned out much better than mine anyway! I may get a better phone! :D

did you get to see the h2 being fired up? I missed it and was raging

• Advertisement

sonic85 wrote: »
    some lovely pics there - they turned out much better than mine anyway! I may get a better phone! :D

Yeah it was insane the 1st couple of times but listening to it all day was a head wrecker TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

sonic85 wrote: »

I heard it being dyno'd on the first day. Thought it sounded crap to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

KTRIC wrote: »

That's no good.
    Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

KTRIC wrote: »

Most bikes sound bland enough with stock exhausts in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Few quid from the parents today so Ordered an Iridium Visor for my S2 and a pinlock insert for it. There is currently a 20% off code for today with getgeared.co.uk, its GGXMAS14

Treat the Iridium visor with kid gloves....they are terrible for scratching and or peeling and look terrible when they do.

Yeah man i know the score with em. I was gonna go for a tinted visor but they can scratch fairly easy too and the iridium looks better.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

"Road" - the story of the Dunlop family was on tv last night. Really enjoyed it.

Trailer:

In case you missed it: http://putlocker.is/watch-road-online-free-putlocker.html

Zascar wrote: »
    "Road" - the story of the Dunlop family was on tv last night. Really enjoyed it.

Trailer:

In case you missed it: http://putlocker.is/watch-road-online-free-putlocker.html

Xtravision/HMV are selling it for €6 down from €14 or so.....

Damn Iridium visor was out of stock and the lead time one ordering one is poxy so i changed to a dark tint visor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭blade1

goodlad wrote: »
    Damn Iridium visor was out of stock and the lead time one ordering one is poxy so i changed to a dark tint visor.

Much nicer in my opinion!

Just incase im missing something stupid lads, will you have a look at this http://www.lidl-service.com/static/9157591/66290_EN_FI_SV_DA.pdf and confirm if the Lidl torque wrench I have is any use. Im going to fit my braided lines and as far as I know the settings are

Min Max

ft/lbs 14 24

Nm 20 33

So basically I cant set the wrench to the max of 24 ft/lbs needed. If thats the case ill be disappointed in the range of the tool:(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It doesn't say what the range of the wrench is, that manual probably applies to a range of them in different sizes

What's the highest and lowest setting on the wrench? (the larger ones don't go down to zero)

EDIT: Also there is some mix-up in your units, a foot pound is smaller than a newton metre. You need to double check this.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

It doesn't say what the range of the wrench is, that manual probably applies to a range of them in different sizes

What's the highest and lowest setting on the wrench? (the larger ones don't go down to zero)

EDIT: Also there is some mix-up in your units, a foot pound is smaller than a newton metre. You need to double check this.

Confused.com:confused:

The range is 28 - 210 Nm or 2.9 - 21.4 kg/m

The range is 28 - 210 Nm or 2.9 - 21.4 kg/m

I have one that is similar, although not from Lidl, it's fairly large. Too large for a lot of jobs on the bike so I have a smaller one as well.

You'll need a smaller torque wrench than that for fastenings with lower torque values. A large wrench is less accurate at the lower end of its range and it's harder to feel the click. Most larger ones don't even measure down to low values anyway

The smaller wrenches will go down close to zero at the bottom of the scale, and up to 25 or 30Nm which is enough for most small to medium sized fasteners

For instance:
    6-30Nm
    https://www.louis.de/en/artikel/torque-wrench-1-4-inch-6-30-nm/10003245?list=31333636

4-24Nm
    https://www.louis.de/en/artikel/torque-wrench-1-4-inch-4-24-nm/10003085?list=31333636

3-15Nm
    https://www.louis.de/en/artikel/prof-mini-torque-wrench-1-4-inch-3-15-nm/10003079?list=31333636

You need to make sure you're using the right units in your bike manual and on the wrench's scale. A Newton-metre (Nm) is almost exactly one-tenth of a kilogram-metre(kg-m or kg.m) but foot-pounds (ft-lb or lb.ft) don't convert as easily between the other units

1Nm = 1.36 lb.ft = 0.102 kg.m
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_metre

So a fastener that is 20Nm in the manual is the same as 2.0kg.m or 27lb.ft

Unless you have a Harley or an old Brit bike with a manual in old units, then forget about foot-pounds and just work in one or other of the metric units, Nm is the most commonly used.

Also:

https://www.louis.de/en/service/foreign-customers/ie_ie :pac:

Thanks Hotblack. Looks like ill invest in a smaller Torque soon. One thing I hate about my bike is the manual. Its converted from Russian and a bit all over the place so its difficult to find certain settings.

Ur(in)al ??

Ur(in)al ??

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The only Russian bike I can think of is the Ural but that was a sidecar outfit
    Usually nicknamed Urinal! I doubt you've one of those...

• Advertisement

The only Russian bike I can think of is the Ural but that was a sidecar outfit
    Usually nicknamed Urinal! I doubt you've one of those...

Ah I see. No ive a 1994 cb400 superfour. NC31 engine

Advertisement