Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ah OK.
    Superfour is one of the most popular JDM import bikes, so I would have thought it'd be easy enough to find an owner's club website or something with all the info you need, in English!
    Anyway good luck with the front brake job :)

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Fitted the front braided lines. Not sure if I have a problem or not:confused: After refilling the master cylinder 4 times the brake handle was still very spongy. Had enough of it today so ill try again tomorrow. I did read somewhere to leave it over night and then bleed the lines again. Is this the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Fitted the front braided lines. Not sure if I have a problem or not:confused: After refilling the master cylinder 4 times the brake handle was still very spongy. Had enough of it today so ill try again tomorrow. I did read somewhere to leave it over night and then bleed the lines again. Is this the case?

If it feels spongy then something is getting compressed and it is probably air in the line somewhere (assuming pads etc are all sitting in correctly). Maybe try and adjust your bleeding technique somehow, like slowly press and then slowly release brake lever at the correct time when you have pinched the bleed nipple.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Try holding the brake lever in overnight with cable ties or strong rubber bands.
    Park on the sidestand with the bars pointing left so the master cylinder is as high up as possible.
    This may allow a bubble stuck in the line or caliper to rise up to the top and back out into the reservoir
    Then bleed it again tomorrow.

Also try to not let the fluid level get more than halfway down the reservoir when bleeding it

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Thanks lads. Ill have a pop tomorrow. Just from reading up perhaps tapping the line with a screwdriver may also help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Some Honda are pain to bleed, If you don't have any joy with leaving it overnight/lever pulled in. Try reverse bleeding, get 2 decent sized syringes from a vet and some clear PVC tube that fits snugly over the bleed nipple and syringe.
    Fill the syringe with fluid and push the fluid through the nipple it will probably overflow the master cylinder but some rag will catch it and you can wash the rest off with water.
    Its worked for me with hard to bleed brakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

aye, if theres too much air in the lines, you may have to reverse bleed to sort it imo

normal bleed method of building up pressure, and releasing nipple on caliper only works when you can actually build pressure in the first place :/

Next job is to remove clean sync carbs. :p I have the carb sync gizmo. Where do the 4 brass valves screw into. This lads flicker has the same carbs as mine afaik. I just want to see if I can connect it up without removing the tank to compare a before and after?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/54519643@N04/13366362063/in/set-72157642817283123/

Next job is to remove clean sync carbs. :p I have the carb sync gizmo. Where do the 4 brass valves screw into. This lads flicker has the same carbs as mine afaik. I just want to see if I can connect it up without removing the tank to compare a before and after?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/54519643@N04/13366362063/in/set-72157642817283123/
    The brass screw pointing directly at you sitting in a well in the float bowl is the vac fitting.
    You will need to remove the tank to adjust the screws, thats the screw between the carbs sitting on the spring.
    Don't forget to blip the throttle between settings to make sure the linkage takes the adjustment and doesn't stick.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    The brass screw pointing directly at you sitting in a well in the float bowl is the vac fitting.
    You will need to remove the tank to adjust the screws, thats the screw between the carbs sitting on the spring.
    Don't forget to blip the throttle between settings to make sure the linkage takes the adjustment and doesn't stick.

Nice one CJ. I just want to get a reading first before I strip them. Im not saying there is anything wrong with the carbs its just something I want to do. All about learning I suppose.

• Advertisement

Nice one CJ. I just want to get a reading first before I strip them. Im not saying there is anything wrong with the carbs its just something I want to do. All about learning I suppose.
    Exactly, the more you do the more confident you become and the more skills you develop along the way.

Little bugger

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Zascar wrote: »

Jaysus you were fairly moving there ZASCAR fair play to you me ould mucker!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

CJhaughey wrote: »

those "brass screw pointing directly at you sitting in a well" are the idle air bypass screws no ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

See some construction company have landed a container/small hoarded area in the bike parking area on Princes St at the GPO .. there's **** all bike parking in Dublin and they take the ones there is

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

GBX wrote: »
    See some construction company have landed a container/small hoarded area in the bike parking area on Princes St at the GPO .. there's **** all bike parking in Dublin and they take the ones there is

That's poor form. Can you park on the footpath around there? I used to go down Liffey Street and park at the side entrance to Arnotts if I was shopping on Henry/Mary Street

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Cienciano wrote: »
    That's poor form. Can you park on the footpath around there? I used to go down Liffey Street and park at the side entrance to Arnotts if I was shopping on Henry/Mary Street

I parked in front of the Dublin Bikes. I know of lads who have had Garda tell them to move from the central path on O'Connell St. But I have seen bikes parked there in recent times so I guess it would be down to the mood of the Guard.

The one on Princes Street is the only one im aware of for specific motorbike parking. Does anybody know of other allocated places? Im just curious .. I don't need it as I don't live or work in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

GBX wrote: »
    I parked in front of the Dublin Bikes. I know of lads who have had Garda tell them to move from the central path on O'Connell St. But I have seen bikes parked there in recent times so I guess it would be down to the mood of the Guard.

The one on Princes Street is the only one im aware of for specific motorbike parking. Does anybody know of other allocated places? Im just curious .. I don't need it as I don't live or work in the city centre.
    The only one I know of is here http://goo.gl/maps/Z8Yk3
    Along the quays. But I wouldn't park there. I park anywhere on a footpath that isn't causing an obstrustion. Never had a problem doing that. If you're parking near a bike rack leave the cyclists plenty of room to get in or out. There's plenty of wide footpaths in Dublin to park on.
    Not sure what the story is with parking on O'Connell Street, I always see bikes parked there, I've never done it for more than about 20 minutes the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Few mods on the bike done:

Pair Valve Eliminator Installed
    Secondary Butterflies removed
    TRE installed and set to 4th
    o2 Sensor Disabled

Getting a Custom Map on a Dyno this Saturday. Really looking forward to seeing what kinda beast the strom will be! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

goodlad wrote: »

o2 Sensor Disabled

Getting a Custom Map on a Dyno this Saturday. Really looking forward to seeing what kinda beast the strom will be! :D:D:D

Notice any difference so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

zubair wrote: »

ONLY IN THE WALLET!!!!!!

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

o2 Sensor Disabled

Good stuff Gary. Where are you getting it tuned??

zubair wrote: »

Havent got out yet dude. Banjaxed my ankle so cant really drive the bike but will make a painful exception on Saturday.
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    ONLY IN THE WALLET!!!!!!

:pac::pac::pac:

Worth every cent!! :D

leppla wrote: »
    Good stuff Gary. Where are you getting it tuned??

Heading out to Danny Lyons in DLM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Havent got out yet dude. Banjaxed my ankle so cant really drive the bike but will make a painful exception on Saturday.

What about Sunday?! :eek:

I have some plans this Sunday with the family so wont be out for a spin.
    Should be good for next week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

I would love to do this, anywhere in ireland that does this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    I would love to do this, anywhere in ireland that does this?

e]

Seems like fun alright.

Let us know if you find q place in Ireland that does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

they do ah 8hr honda 50 endurance race every year (I think) in mondello for charity - some vids up on youtube

nothing with minimotos that Im aware of though.. I think an attempt was made to arrange something on a go kart track with some biker.ie folk a few years back, but not sure anything came of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Wossack wrote: »
    they do ah 8hr honda 50 endurance race every year (I think) in mondello for charity - some vids up on youtube

nothing with minimotos that Im aware of though.. I think an attempt was made to arrange something on a go kart track with some biker.ie folk a few years back, but not sure anything came of it

Only problem is the cost of the honda 50's. Most places in the UK let you rent the minimoto's.

Advertisement