Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Blu I would imagine after spending 2 hours flying around on those bikes your own bike would feel alien on the way home:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Blu I would imagine after spending 2 hours flying around on those bikes your own bike would feel alien on the way home:pac:

I would expect all the joints in my body seizing and needing a stretcher to get home after 2 hours! Might have to go pillion :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Visor for my s2 got here today.

16230078121_5b889512ba_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

goodlad wrote: »

That's a savage lid

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Wear that on the next spin so we don't have to look at your ugly mush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well while I was over at the NEC bike show I bagged a new pair of my favorite boots. Alpinestars SMX 5 plus but I got them for the summer so the non goretex version, I already have the goretex version and they are now just over 2 yrs old and I swear they are just the best piece of kit I have bought. All day comfort walking around and on the bike.....

Old boots just over 2 yrs old.....still like new me thinks!
    [URL="[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2090sc6.jpg[/IMG]"]2090sc6.jpg[/URL]

New boots.....have a bit of VA VA VOOOM to them. Nice funky summer time colours. Wont stay that white for long unless I bump into Barry Scott with a case of CILLIT BANG on his travels!!!!
    219new7.jpg

mu8ryv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Bit of a star wars theme goin on there wanda?
    Wonda, blue, is your father

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

That's a nice Christmas pressie :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭positron

That Schuberth S2 has internal sunglass thingee right? But you are right to use a dark visor though, they look better like this. I wonder if there's a visor that just looks dark from outside, but is 100% or near 100% transparent?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well while I was over at the NEC bike show I bagged a new pair of my favorite boots. Alpinestars SMX 5 plus but I got them for the summer so the non goretex version, I already have the goretex version and they are now just over 2 yrs old and I swear they are just the best piece of kit I have bought. All day comfort walking around and on the bike.....

Old boots just over 2 yrs old.....still like new me thinks!
    [URL="[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2090sc6.jpg[/IMG]"]2090sc6.jpg[/URL]

New boots.....have a bit of VA VA VOOOM to them. Nice funky summer time colours. Wont stay that white for long unless I bump into Barry Scott with a case of CILLIT BANG on his travels!!!!
    219new7.jpg

mu8ryv.jpg

These boots are made for walking, and that is what . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

ah ha! thought they looked familiar :pac:

f85ffb44e812ba5a9201827836f8a35b.jpg

positron wrote: »
    That Schuberth S2 has internal sunglass thingee right? But you are right to use a dark visor though, they look better like this. I wonder if there's a visor that just looks dark from outside, but is 100% or near 100% transparent?

Not sure tbh man. But i was pretty damn suprised by how clear it was to look through. I was out on Saturday and still had to use the internal visor when the low sun was in my face anyway.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Zascar wrote: »

Thats an awful lot of dissapointed people!!!!

:pac::pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Haha - ah in fairness I bloody love my Ducati. You will inevitably hate it at times, but overall you still really love them...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Thats an awful lot of dissapointed people!!!!

:pac::pac:

Only thing that disappoints me about my ducati is that I didn't buy one earlier!

As much as I love the Blade, I dont love it in the same was as a Duacti. I'd love a 1098.......:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Zascar wrote: »
    As much as I love the Blade, I dont love it in the same was as a Duacti. I'd love a 1098.......:P

The noise out of the clutch, the bang from the termis, the marchesini wheels....
    Go on, you know you want one!
    Nice to have something that's a bit different too.

Does anyone know if there is a list of motorbike shops in Ireland on a site somewhere?

Just looking on donedeal for bikes but know there must be loads of dealers about too that dont list bikes on donedeal and i need to check their own websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Does anyone know if there is a list of motorbike shops in Ireland on a site somewhere?

Just looking on donedeal for bikes but know there must be loads of dealers about too that dont list bikes on donedeal and i need to check their own websites.
    I usually check here: http://www.bikeireland.ie/motorcycleshop.htm

No idea on how up to date it is but I find it a good starting point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Talk about being lucky!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Talk about being lucky!:eek:

Wow lucky escape. I bet he checked his pants after that haha

QUESTION....

Take a 2004 VFR800 and a 2013 NC750. Both are valued at around 5k. Lets say the the VFR has 30k miles on her and the NC has 5k & both have ABS.

Why are they the same value considering the VFR is 11 years old and has an extra 20,000 miles. Could the handling of the VFR really be that much better than the NC? VFR is 38 mpg compared to the NC's 70 mpg approx.

Im asking because im day dreaming of my next bike. My heart says VFR but my brain says the NC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

QUESTION....

Take a 2004 VFR800 and a 2013 NC750. Both are valued at around 5k. Lets say the the VFR has 30k miles on her and the NC has 5k & both have ABS.

Why are they the same value considering the VFR is 11 years old and has an extra 20,000 miles. Could the handling of the VFR really be that much better than the NC? VFR is 38 mpg compared to the NC's 70 mpg approx.

Im asking because im day dreaming of my next bike. My heart says VFR but my brain says the NC.
    5k is a bit steep for an 04 VFR8 unless its immaculate and low miles.
    more like 3500-3700 with average miles.
    VFR is a V4 Sportstourer with lots of tech and a high quality build, NC is aimed at fuel conscious commuters and touring type usage with only 2 cylinders.
    Apples and Oranges really, lifes too short not to try a bike that you might like.
    If you fancy a VFR then get one, if you are careful about buying the right bike at the right price then you should be able to sell it for pretty much the same money or a very small loss if you don't get on with it.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    5k is a bit steep for an 04 VFR8 unless its immaculate and low miles.
    more like 3500-3700 with average miles.
    VFR is a V4 Sportstourer with lots of tech and a high quality build, NC is aimed at fuel conscious commuters and touring type usage with only 2 cylinders.
    Apples and Oranges really, lifes too short not to try a bike that you might like.
    If you fancy a VFR then get one, if you are careful about buying the right bike at the right price then you should be able to sell it for pretty much the same money or a very small loss if you don't get on with it.

I get ya. Im a year or two off anyway. Ill dream on

I get ya. Im a year or two off anyway. Ill dream on
    Worth trying a few different styles of engines to find what you like, Twins are a nice engine on a bike, Singles are fun but not really brilliant for longish trips, Fours are smooth and make good power but are too characterless if they are too smooth, V4's are better though. Triples are a cool configuration, never had one but they are a nice compromise between twins and 4's
    V-twins and Parallel twins are both good, lots of character and depending on the type can be relaxed or revvy, Think cruiser V-twins and Ducati shortstroke engines both V-twins but as far apart as you could get in terms of engine characteristics.
    Transalp 650, Africa Twin 750 , Suzuki SV650, Deauville 650/700 all nice engines to ride, Yamaha TRX/TDM with the 270º Crankshaft to mimic the way a 90º twin sounds and rides.
    Best thing is to try as many as you can!

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Worth trying a few different styles of engines to find what you like, Twins are a nice engine on a bike, Singles are fun but not really brilliant for longish trips, Fours are smooth and make good power but are too characterless if they are too smooth, V4's are better though. Triples are a cool configuration, never had one but they are a nice compromise between twins and 4's
    V-twins and Parallel twins are both good, lots of character and depending on the type can be relaxed or revvy, Think cruiser V-twins and Ducati shortstroke engines both V-twins but as far apart as you could get in terms of engine characteristics.
    Transalp 650, Africa Twin 750 , Suzuki SV650, Deauville 650/700 all nice engines to ride, Yamaha TRX/TDM with the 270º Crankshaft to mimic the way a 90º twin sounds and rides.
    Best thing is to try as many as you can!

Nicely explained. Vtwins and V4's etc etc where always mumbo jumbo to me. It will be for a commuter which is mainly motorway. I find my current cb400 not great for overtaking hence why I want something with a bit of poke. What would be a good compromise between a good mpg bike and something that can overtake with ease?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Nicely explained. Vtwins and V4's etc etc where always mumbo jumbo to me. It will be for a commuter which is mainly motorway. I find my current cb400 not great for overtaking hence why I want something with a bit of poke. What would be a good compromise between a good mpg bike and something that can overtake with ease?
    For a really practical commuter Deauville would be a good bet, 650 or 700 versions. No chain to mess around with, shaft drive so hands stay clean.
    Built in panniers.
    Economical and the way a V-twin delivers torque means that you don't have to rev the nuts off it to overtake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Ducati lover.

336413.jpg

Advertisement