Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

While those seem interesting, I was wondering where the one in the video can be found? I've been searching without much success.

It has me curious now.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

The joys of working in the city centre !! Im lucky enough to have the bike parked just outside my window in a private car park. Bike is as safe as houses.

However a bloody junkie has been walking around ( Well a lot of falling and stumbling ) in the car park for the past hour. I have been keeping a close eye on him to see what he was getting up to. Eventually the bike catches his eye and he wanders over for a gander :eek::eek: I was straight out the door and told him to be on his way fairy quick. Didnt get much of a response as he is well out of it. After a bit more falling around eventually he falls into an unused pedestrian gate into the carpark that the bike is parked behind, he hits the deck and the gate bursts into the back of the bike and moves the bike an inch or two on the side stand.:mad::mad::mad:

I didnt bother with any more words with him I just started the bike and moved it. Some how there is no damage to the bike at all, and its big metal gate. Must have just caught the bike in the right way.

F*ck sake, it could have been a lot worse, 1000's of damage could have been done just because some bell end was off his face and were the hell do you go to get compensated for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

C13C17E011444B9DBAC9CD418FFAA7DB-0000357485-0003724701-00700L-505B500009DF4197A2BCB1F0CFC3AF40.jpg

Faing wrote: »
    C13C17E011444B9DBAC9CD418FFAA7DB-0000357485-0003724701-00700L-505B500009DF4197A2BCB1F0CFC3AF40.jpg
    If only he bled cash

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guess what Lads??? I GOT A NEW BIKE!!! Really excited just picked it up yesterday. Delighted!

Very different to my last one but will be a nice change. This one should be better on the bumpy stuff. Here is a pic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭prunudo

Nice one, will you be commuting on it too :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lol, no way fek that!! It's for off road use. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭prunudo

Zascar wrote: »
    Lol, no way fek that!! It's for off road use. ;)

There's enough of them on the road as it is!
    Was looking at full suspension before Christmas, mad money for them.

Yeah its an expensive game if you want all the goodies. I got mine on the bike to work scheme - its brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Yeah its an expensive game if you want all the goodies. I got mine on the bike to work scheme - its brilliant

I got a Felt on the scheme a few years ago. I think i got it for 700 down from over 1000. My arse has graced its saddle for a total of 1 hour in about 3 years:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Zascar, you may as well hang it on the wall and put it down to experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I reckon the engine on that yoke is shagged out.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Pique wrote: »
    'scuse me?
    That's the motorcycle section on reddit. Great content there.
    Actually, just watched this video from there, well worth a watch, right to the end. Lads chatting after a pant wetting moment

Guess what Lads??? I GOT A NEW BIKE!!! Really excited just picked it up yesterday. Delighted!

Very different to my last one but will be a nice change. This one should be better on the bumpy stuff. Here is a pic
    Thought it was going to be a ducati, disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

^very good video that. Loved the bit at end, cheers for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Pique

Cienciano wrote: »
    That's the motorcycle section on reddit. Great content there.

haha, I know, I'm a subscriber. That vid I posted was stolen from there too :)

Pique wrote: »
    haha, I know, I'm a subscriber. That vid I posted was stolen from there too :)

This thread is for vids and banter & so on. Not everyone gets a chance to look through reddit threads so thats why I post vids from there here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

The waterproof door on my HD Drift has broke twice now. First time it literally crumbled into bits when tightening it. Place I bought it sent a replacement which broke a few weeks ago.

This time they just post me 3 replacement doors. Will see how long these ones last.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Thought it was going to be a ducati, disappointing!
    I really want a 1098 but cant justify spending any more money. I'd do a swap though!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

I really want a 1098 but cant justify spending any more money. I'd do a swap though!

There is a very nice 1198s on donedeal at the moment

• Advertisement

The 1198 is expensive. There are two 1098's around at the moment
    http://www.donedeal.co.uk/motorbikes-for-sale/ducati-1098/8464222?offset=2
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1041252145889610&id=331393050208860
    Beautiful yokes. They are not cheap to run though with belts etc needing doing.

Not sure how much mine is worth but I'd say there would be a large gap! Can't really justify it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ha! I've seen it all now!
    Insurance giving back money to people!
    They said they charged me too much.
    I'm not even with them,haven't been in over 2 years I think!

0E659C72-473C-4111-8431-E62AE7259B33_zpsmbwefwcs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

blade1 wrote: »
    Ha! I've seen it all now!
    Insurance giving back money to people!
    They said they charged me too much.
    I'm not even with them,haven't been in over 2 years I think!

0E659C72-473C-4111-8431-E62AE7259B33_zpsmbwefwcs.jpg

Whats the bets it bounces.....durrty dawgs them insurance crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Whats the bets it bounces.....durrty dawgs them insurance crowd.

I stuck it in the machine in the bank just there and up popped amount scanned 49.17..:pac::pac:

15878372814_53f643a1a9.jpg

goodlad wrote: »
    15878372814_53f643a1a9.jpg

It's happening to you Gary! Any sign of the v strom moving yet?

Nothing but tyre kickers, but that's whats to be expected I guess.

goodlad wrote: »
    Nothing but tyre kickers, but that's whats to be expected I guess.

Better weather coming in now Ya might get a bit more interest.

If you were to import from the uk. How much would you expect the dealer to knock off the price of the bike considering you wont need a warranty? or is that a how long is a piece of string question:confused:

• Advertisement

I would imagine that depends on how much the bike is in the first place.
    Although sterling exchange rate at the moment is terrible. Its not worth buying in the uk

Advertisement