Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ouch! ... just as well he had that on cam. I could imagine somebody trying to lay blame on the biker for just "stopping" and causing the crash.
    Glad he was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Anyone know if the hornet 600 pads are the same as 250? Because the 250 is an import I can't find what pads it needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

Have a look on one of the EBC brake pad tools, and see if the ebc codes match

Fronts are probably unlikely.. but rear calipers tend to be the same across loadsa bikes

tool, for example:
    http://www.brakes4u.co.uk/super_search-jon.asp?vt=53&svt=63

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

A lad from Biker gave me a bagster tank cover for my Ninja.
    I collect it from him today and twas fairly beat up.

A bit of effort and this is it now.

16733406151_e1a2bf57ef_c.jpg

16547058918_a5f9758468_c.jpg

Will give it one or two more coats to get the moisture back into the leather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

goodlad wrote: »
    A lad from Biker gave me a bagster tank cover for my Ninja.
    I collect it from him today and twas fairly beat up.

A bit of effort and this is it now.

16733406151_e1a2bf57ef_c.jpg

16547058918_a5f9758468_c.jpg

Will give it one or two more coats to get the moisture back into the leather.
    Swit swoo!!
    Some job!
    What did u use?

Threw it into the bath and cleaned it with baby shampoo inside and out twice and rinced until the water ran clear.

Hung it on the line to dry and then used Turtle Wax Leather cleaner and conditioner. First 2 applications too off a savage amount of dirt. Third time there was barely and dirt left.

Its just sitting up now with a thick layer of the conditioner on it. Will leave it there for a few hours and just buff it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Roadcraft

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the hornet 600 pads are the same as 250? Because the 250 is an import I can't find what pads it needs.

Not the same as the 600.

The CB250F Hornet takes the following EBC pads.

Front: Standard FA187, Sintered FA187HH
    Rear: Standard FA140, Sintered FA140HH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I'm thinking of changing bikes to a v-strom either 650 or preferablyt a 1000.

Goodlad any buying advice from when you got yours?

What's your budget?
    Deffo get a GT model as it comes with full luggage, heated grips and centre stand as standard. A mod that is absolutely needed is a TRE, would be handy go get one with it, they are about 150 quid to buy.

If you get one and the exhausts are aftermarket and not to your liking I have the standard exhausts here doing nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

goodlad wrote: »
    What's your budget?

Not quite enough to buy the one you just sold :D

Probably looking at 4k give or take. Just put my own up on done deal this week so need to shift that first. From looking at done deal now there are 03-05 models with 30-40k miles knocking around for that kind of money.

Just wondering what to expect from one with that kind of mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Pique

GBX wrote: »
    Ouch! ... just as well he had that on cam. I could imagine somebody trying to lay blame on the biker for just "stopping" and causing the crash.
    Glad he was ok.

It actually looked like the car that hit him only did so because HE was rear ended.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

43XJS9ql.jpg
    I just picked one of these up in Dealz for €1.50. Perfect for what I need. Might just deter some idiot scumbags. Looks kinda like the other cameras in my place. Worth a bash for €1.50!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Taken from another forum, absolute cracker of an idea. Expensive for what it is but very clever, but if around long enough and catches on prices would drop.

http://www.visordown.com/product-features/agvs-new-visor-will-go-from-black-to-clear-at-the-push-of-a-button/26371.html

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Taken from another forum, absolute cracker of an idea. Expensive for what it is but very clever, but if around long enough and catches on prices would drop.

http://www.visordown.com/product-features/agvs-new-visor-will-go-from-black-to-clear-at-the-push-of-a-button/26371.html

Looks the business alright. Would be very interested in something like that for the early morning and late evening sun.

However it might be best to wait out a bit for one of the tech helmets to hit the shelves as surely these will have them incorporated.

For now I might invest in one of the after market visors that react to the sunlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Mr Sheen! wrote: »
    Looks the business alright. Would be very interested in something like that for the early morning and late evening sun.

However it might be best to wait out a bit for one of the tech helmets to hit the shelves as surely these will have them incorporated.

For now I might invest in one of the after market visors that react to the sunlight.

I was very glad of the flip-down sun visor on my new lid this morning (commute heading east in the morning and west in the evening, straight into the sun both ways.) The LCD yoke just looks like one of those with more things to go wrong TBH.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I was very glad of the flip-down sun visor on my new lid this morning (commute heading east in the morning and west in the evening, straight into the sun both ways.) The LCD yoke just looks like one of those with more things to go wrong TBH.

Even if it goes belly up or the battery dies it reverts to a normal clear visor. Dont get me wrong its mad money for essentially a visor but its a great idea.

Yes a internal sun visor is great but not all lids have them and the ones that do are not always nice lids.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It solves the age-old problem of carrying two visors around

Ehhh, internal sunvisor or sunglasses!
    Personally I wouldn't get a lid without internal sunvisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭sonic85

im doing a track day training day in mondello next week - has anybody done it before? any bits of advice?

sonic85 wrote: »
    im doing a track day training day in mondello next week - has anybody done it before? any bits of advice?

Know your own limits, I only did one and TBH I felt like a duck out off water. Take it very handy for two laps and learn the course as best you can. Don't pin the throttle straight out of bends with bike at acute angles. Enjoy the experience, maybe pm BATMAN OH on here he does a lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I was under the impression that more expensive helmets are more safe, and better than cheap helmets.

I am all for this new technology, but I also have a budget. And I don't need a new helmet at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

New technology is always expensive, 150 sterling for a visor seems a bit much though, i have an internal sunvisor and my helmet was less than 150 sterling..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

soon as they can make the tint 'wash in' from the left and right with a cool sci-fy sound, Ill be all over that visor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I have no words:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

P.C. wrote: »
    I was under the impression that more expensive helmets are more safe, and better than cheap helmets.

I am all for this new technology, but I also have a budget. And I don't need a new helmet at the moment.

Not necessarily. I would say more expensive= better materials for stuff like lining, visor hinges, noise, ventilation etc. I bought a cheaper model helmet and left it out in the Australian sun and found some parts that connect with the lining unglued. You get what you pay for I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

I have no words:eek:

The morning commute would be fun on that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Had a go on a 2012 blade earlier, Fúck me its quick! Its got a nice tidy riding position that keeps you tucked in without breaking your back (rode a tl1000 and was wrecked after it). It was smooth through gear changes and the suspension and breaking were faultless. A big grin factor, and the fact that the guy who owns it gave me a go (we're not friends but sometimes talk bikey shít to each other) makes me feel all is good in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    The morning commute would be fun on that lol

If I had a bike with that power I'd be dead. Seriously! Being able to do 150-160mph so easily would be too tempting for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Pique

the guy who owns it gave me a go (we're not friends but sometimes talk bikey shít to each other)

Can I be 'not friends' with someone like that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Cienciano wrote: »
    If I had a bike with that power I'd be dead. Seriously! Being able to do 150-160mph so easily would be too tempting for me
    Ye man, he also said he wouldn't give it a go to just anyone, He expressly said they'd kill themselves on it, and he's right :) , I was surprised myself when he said give it a go, of course at first I refused, but when offered a second time it would be rude to decline!

Advertisement