Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

2nfHrrX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Midges are small.

Feckin' midges in through my chin vent yesterday evening. Wasn't expecting that.
    Possible they got in under the chin I suppose but I was wearing a neck buff so I don't think so.
    And then I got pothole fixation on the spin back. Glad I mostly flew over it, would have been some jolt if I'd hit it slower. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭prunudo

I'm thinking of upgrading the brake lines on the er6. What are the pro's and con's to the 1 or 2 line set ups for the front? Or is it really just down to personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

jvan wrote: »
    I'm thinking of upgrading the brake lines on the er6. What are the pro's and con's to the 1 or 2 line set ups for the front? Or is it really just down to personal preference.

Probably because its just easier to use a double bango and two lines.
    Not sure if there's much of a difference performance wise,i doubt It.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

yea, dont think theres any difference in performance, just the double lines are more easily bled, so sometimes preferred

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Dont bother with the HELL lines they are mad money, you can get the same performance from other manufactuers mate. VENHILL are a good line and cheaper....or I know RPM in Drogheda can make lines for you in any colour to match the bike, I am sure other dealers would do the same.

I priced up those venhill lines, they work out more than the Hel's when you factor in the exchange rate and p&p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Moto GP's back this weekend. Woot!!! :D

I priced up those venhill lines, they work out more than the Hel's when you factor in the exchange rate and p&p

Where you buying them from.....last time I checked they were about 50 euro cheaper....

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Where you buying them from.....last time I checked they were about 50 euro cheaper....

Just googled them, went straight to the home page. I'll look around for better prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I fitted cobra lines to my bike. Took this from another site

We approached Simon Lane at Hel performance who we decided were the best in the business. They only use grade 303 stainless steel in all their brake fittings. We produce our lines under licence to them using their quality products under our own brand of Cobra Performance.

Havent rode the bike really and tested them but the short spin I went on I could notice a major difference in performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,066 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Been using Foggy masks for years, find them great as I need to wear glasses at night and it keeps them clear without smearing crap onto the lenses. Needed to get a new one, a guy is selling them on adverts for 25 euro, not too bad but not in stock at the moment, UK websites are mostly around the £18-20 mark :eek: including UK shipping, so add parcel motel or extra shipping fees to that! and the exchange rate is terrible. No thanks. Went into Megabikes on Friday and picked one up for 20 euro, so that is what is called a result :)

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 35,066 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I should point out that all Triumphs come with steel braided brake lines as standard. And teflon lined cables you never need to lubricate :)

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭honda boi

Seen these heated grips on amazon. Works out at 60€, seems cheap!!
    Edit: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009T48F6E/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_5UZfvb0NGZZZ6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭sonic85

thinking of getting a new pair of boots -

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/191499

anybody have these or know somebody with them? whats the quality like with RST stuff in general? I take a size 11 (45) in my current pair of boots so would the sizing be similar in RST boots?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I have RST S-Sporteur waterproof. Good boots but check the size. I bought online to save a few quid but they are very very tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭sonic85

Zascar wrote: »
    I have RST S-Sporteur waterproof. Good boots but check the size. I bought online to save a few quid but they are very very tight.

yeah I was gonna try buy them online but id be very wary because what fits like a glove from one brand could be a half size too small from another.

the quality is pretty good though yeah? how tight are they - would I want to go up a size?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

sonic85 wrote: »

anybody have these or know somebody with them? whats the quality like with RST stuff in general? I take a size 11 (45) in my current pair of boots so would the sizing be similar in RST boots?

I have these boots. Just the non waterproof version. Cant fault them really. Very comfortable and after 1.5 years still look good. Much better then the rebelhorn boots (hp7) I had before.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

sonic85 wrote: »

I am also size 11 and went for the same size, if you have wide feet like I do it does feel tight initially but once you break them in its very comfortable. If you ride all weather I would not get white as they will show the dirt extremely quickly.

Also have a read of this thread, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94273002

• Advertisement

Class race!
    Some ride by Rossi!

That's some good racing. Surprised it's still there, dorna are usually all over that sh1t.

Who are the two commentators, seemed to miss a good few of the overtakes, probably too busy seeing how golden boy cal was doing :D

Fabulous stuff, one of the best races I have seen in a long long time. It would have been very monotonous if Marquez won straight off the bat so this will spice it up for a few races. Great to see the Duke so strong and sticking in a challenge to Honda and Yamaha.

Looking forward to the next race BIG TIME!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Anyone ever drive a z1000? Was never mad on naked bikes but I love the aggressive look of the z1000 and a nice red one was put on done deal today

goodlad wrote: »
    Anyone ever drive a z1000? Was never mad on naked bikes but I love the aggressive look of the z1000 and a nice red one was put on done deal today

Not sure if I'm mad about it in red.
    Nice bike though.
    What about this VFR?
    A better allrounder I reckon.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/view/9042333
    VFR 800 V-TECH 2003

EDIT: just realised it's near me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

It's a nice vfr but from what I read the 05 and up model is a much better buy due to the vtec changes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I was left with a feeling that it needed an extra gear :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Pique

That's some good racing. Surprised it's still there, dorna are usually all over that sh1t.

Who are the two commentators, seemed to miss a good few of the overtakes, probably too busy seeing how golden boy cal was doing :D

I miss Steve and Charlie! :-(

• Advertisement

I drove the z1000sx in McCallans, its a weird bike to ride. Its trying to be a sports bike and a touring bike all in one and it does not pull it off. Quick bikes all the same....again manky exhaust.

Advertisement