Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

send them to skillmagill@gmail.com ,I'll upload them for you.
    Is it a long story? You still driving agricultural vehicles?

jiHRMZA.jpg

6WxsD09.jpg

dBGSTA9.jpg

Haha, I'm not resizing them, beast of a bike bro,

I did though, see below

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Glad you're back old chap, there's talk of a new ride out, you comin?

On that note, whens the next big one?

Yeah I'm up for that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Jamie is being sound and we're taking a drive to louth tomorrow.
    Going to see a 2008 Bandit 1250.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Was not expecting that! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Ktric, amazing bike, love it. Couldn't believe the size of the back tyre first time I saw one. What made you go for that ahead of the vmax? I've no idea what new prices are for either btw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Pique

Did you make yourself redundant in a fit of pique?

What'd I do?

Pique wrote: »
    What'd I do?
    haha:D
    I hear ye, ye must have done something though?

Cienciano wrote: »
    Ktric, amazing bike, love it. Couldn't believe the size of the back tyre first time I saw one. What made you go for that ahead of the vmax? I've no idea what new prices are for either btw

Believe it or not the Vmax weighs 100 kilos more !!!

jiHRMZAl.jpg

6WxsD09.jpg

dBGSTA9l.jpg

• Advertisement

KTR1C wrote: »
    Believe it or not the Vmax weighs 100 kilos more !!!

Was reading a few reviews comparing the 2. Looks like the Diavel is the one that handles. Vmax is pure straight line speed

Was reading a few reviews comparing the 2. Looks like the Diavel is the one that handles. Vmax is pure straight line speed

And actually costs more !! No idea why.

I spent the morning chasing my missus over the mountains on her ER6 around Omeath and the Diavel didn't miss a beat. We were doing 80 - 90 around bends that I would have crept around normally and had full confidence. I'd honestly say it's the best handing bike I've had. Can't comment on performance just yet because it's not broken in but so far very impressed.

And actually costs more !! No idea why.

I spent the morning chasing my missus over the mountains on her ER6 around Omeath and the Diavel didn't miss a beat. We were doing 80 - 90 around bends that I would have crept around normally and had full confidence. I'd honestly say it's the best handing bike I've had. Can't comment on performance just yet because it's not broken in but so far very impressed.
    Keep it wrapped up in ACF50, those ducati motors have a habit of losing their paint! Any plans to change the exhaust?

Keep it wrapped up in ACF50, those ducati motors have a habit of losing their paint! Any plans to change the exhaust?

I think the old ones are more prone. I've seen a couple of second hand first gen Diavels and the paint was fine.

No plans for the moment, the Termignoni pipes are thousands. Might get them sometime in the future when I'm feeling flush.

I think the old ones are more prone. I've seen a couple of second hand first gen Diavels and the paint was fine.

No plans for the moment, the Termignoni pipes are thousands. Might get them sometime in the future when I'm feeling flush.

Yeah, termi system for mine was over €2k! I'd just get end cans and probably not termis.
    Anyway, handy forums in case you haven't found any yet:
    http://ducatiforum.co.uk/forum/
    http://www.ducati.ms/forums/
    Last photo on the photo thread is a matt black one like yours with matt black exhaust, looks savage.
    http://www.ducati.ms/forums/attachments/diavel/524761d1427292154-diavel-picture-thread-img_0669a.jpg
    Anyway, enjoy the bike, supposed to be dry all week too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Pique

If a hitman rode a bike, it'd be a matt black Diavel!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

To the cognoscenti it's no surprise that the inline triple comes out the best :)

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

To the cognoscenti it's no surprise that the inline triple comes out the best :)

Have had a v-twin, inline 4, v4 and now on the triple.

All have their strengths but I do like the triple best for all round ability

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

So, sand mid-corner... that makes things a bit 'interesting' doesn't it? :eek:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads I'm down in larahg, the traffic is mental. Was backed up about a mile before the town and there are loads of police checks. Anyone know what's going on? It is just bank holiday traffic or is something else happening?

• Advertisement

Has anyone any ideas, my garage door has a sliding bolt type lock and since the sun was shining at the front of the house its swollen and now won't open !!!

Means we can't get the bikes out to go for a spin. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭prunudo

Zascar wrote: »
    Lads I'm down in larahg, the traffic is mental. Was backed up about a mile before the town and there are loads of police checks. Anyone know what's going on? It is just bank holiday traffic or is something else happening?

Probably just the good weather. Was busy up there 2 weekends ago too.
    Got grief at a checkpoint yesterday for my tax being out by 4 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭prunudo

Has anyone any ideas, my garage door has a sliding bolt type lock and since the sun was shining at the front of the house its swollen and now won't open !!!

Try spraying the door with the garden hose. It might be enough to cool it down

jvan wrote: »
    Try spraying the door with the garden hose. It might be enough to cool it down

It's locked in the garage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Hammer, Brick, Lump of timber???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Usually swells when wet and shrinks in the heat......:confused:....sounds like you have a sagging problem....:P

This is too funny!!
    Did you get them out in the end?

Mr Sheen! wrote: »
    This is too funny!!
    Did you get them out in the end?

I did thankfully :)

The missus wasn't too happy and I eventually got it open when the sun moved around the house.

I did thankfully :)

The missus wasn't too happy and I eventually got it open when the sun moved around the house.

Too hood if a day to miss.

Get that door sorted ASAP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

WD40 is the answer to any problem that duct tape can't solve.

Don't tell me your only can of WD40 was locked in the garage :rolleyes:

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Advertisement