Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

WD40 is the answer to any problem that duct tape can't solve.

Don't tell me your only can of WD40 was locked in the garage :rolleyes:

Obligatory flowchart...

7214525854_733237dd83_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

After about 6 hours out today with Blu i finally picked up a bike.
    Tis a cracker! Will stick up a pic in the morning when its bright out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Any vertically challenged lads or ladies looking for a back protector, I just spotted this on McCallans website. Absolute bargain for the price....only have small according to the website.

http://www.phillipmccallen.com/clothing/clothing-brands/knox/knox-meta-sys-back-protector.html?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks for that link gary - I know you had me in mind ;) I haven't got one of these and really should, so might get this.

Zascar wrote: »
    Thanks for that link gary - I know you had me in mind ;) I haven't got one of these and really should, so might get this.

More then welcome to head up with 3 of us on Sat to the open day Colly, Just make sure you try it on with the leathers before you buy it online or something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cool, sounds good! Defintiely need to make sure it fits... Will pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Any vertically challenged lads or ladies looking for a back protector, I just spotted this on McCallans website. Absolute bargain for the price....only have small according to the website.

http://www.phillipmccallen.com/clothing/clothing-brands/knox/knox-meta-sys-back-protector.html?

Looking at the picture it seems to project outwards, this might make it useless if you already wear a tight leather jacket.
    I use one of these knox protectors and I only feel comfortable wearing a t-shirt or thin jumper when wearing leathers, and it is pretty much flat against my back.

Had a lovely spin before work on the blackbird today. Such an impressive bike.
    Lovely weight to it when its moving. Just feels planted in every corner.

The vstrom front end used to feel light under hard acceleration and almost slipped a few times in corners on me. None of that with the blackbird.

Deffo very much impressed with the bike. And i gotta say.... i enjoyed the quiet drive....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I need a new breather/Vac pipe. inner dimensions are 4mm and outer are 8mm. Will any motor factors stock these tubes? Dont want to wait half a week for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Had a slippy moment outside Kilmallock the other day.
    Came around the bend and there was a streak of mud on the road.
    Couldn't be bothered editing the video on my laptop so just took a snip of it with my phone!
    Anyway here it is
    http://youtu.be/doUZCl6ngIc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

blade1 wrote: »
    Had a slippy moment outside Kilmallock the other day.
    Came around the bend and there was a streak of mud on the road.
    Couldn't be bothered editing the video on my laptop so just took a snip of it with my phone!
    Anyway here it is
    http://youtu.be/doUZCl6ngIc
    That's the problem with public roads. Was on loads of great roads yesterday in wicklow (r roads mostly) but loads had little piles of gravel right in the middle of the lane in bends.

Not sure I should of watched that before heading out for a spin. Will see what the blackbird can do...

goodlad wrote: »
    Not sure I should of watched that before heading out for a spin. Will see what the blackbird can do...
    Knees down? Elbows down? Balls down is where its at :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I need a new breather/Vac pipe. inner dimensions are 4mm and outer are 8mm. Will any motor factors stock these tubes? Dont want to wait half a week for delivery.
    Yes, should be standard in any decent MF's or Small engine repair place.

Got out for a shirt spin earlier. Got in some nice twisty roads to get used to the blackbird. Was tight on time to hit the motorway to get home.

I tried to keep up but Blu's silver bird is obviously faster than my blue one...

16924038509_e7b7bc5e22_b.jpg

"Must resist winding throttle" "Nope"? M0therah

Went to the McCallan Motorcycle open day today with another boardsie and had a ball.....blagged my way onto 4 different bikes (2 bike limit lol) but a small shower and all the "Hard Men Cancelled PMSL. Took out the ZZR1400 GTR, KTM 1190 Adv, Triumph Speed Triple R and the KTM 1290.

KTMs are a rare breed TBH and not for me, dont get me wrong both KTMs were very nice but the vibrations from the engine even at small speed is crazy. Was only out for 30 mins on the 1190 and my ass was numb from the vibration. Apart from that the bike is really solid and very quick, dont even talk to me about that 1290 its like an bolt of lightning with wheels....totally totally crazy makes an R1 look like a cruiser!

Bought a few bits and bobs and put a deposit on a new lid!!!! That will be 5 now so one has to be sold.......and a kreiga bag full of keyrings and lanyards!

Got out for a shirt spin earlier. Got in some nice twisty roads to get used to the blackbird. Was tight on time to hit the motorway to get home.

I tried to keep up but Blu's silver bird is obviously faster than my blue one...

16924038509_e7b7bc5e22_b.jpg

Whats with the high beam.....;)

Whats with the high beam.....;)

Blue light cover on the bird like I used to have on my SV.. nee naw nee naw gtf out of the way....

• Advertisement

Haha!! Yeah man the only thing to be seen there is blu in the distance. Couldn't catch the bastard. Although it didn't help that my fecking throttle grip is loose... holding a speed is a hard because the feckin throttle slides closed inside the grip... haha... have to keep readjusting my grip to give it more throttle. Grips are ugly anyway so just ordered some new ones today.

And so the shopping begins......

And so the shopping begins......

Its a functional purchase!! haha!

Went with these.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00R7M1XHS/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

I didnt get the 2 brothers exhausts in the end. Went for some Mat Black Beowulf Exhausts. Got a nice discount on em :D

No bling for a while anyway for the bike... Need to sort out a chain and sprocket kit and a back tyre first.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Although it didn't help that my fecking throttle grip is loose... holding a speed is a hard because the feckin throttle slides closed inside the grip... haha... have to keep readjusting my grip to give it more throttle.

Grip was fine when I was riding your bird? :confused:

:pac:

hahaha!! A$$hole....

Thread cleaned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Went to the McCallan Motorcycle open day today with another boardsie and had a ball.....blagged my way onto 4 different bikes (2 bike limit lol) but a small shower and all the "Hard Men Cancelled PMSL. Took out the ZZR1400 GTR, KTM 1190 Adv, Triumph Speed Triple R and the KTM 1290.

KTMs are a rare breed TBH and not for me, dont get me wrong both KTMs were very nice but the vibrations from the engine even at small speed is crazy. Was only out for 30 mins on the 1190 and my ass was numb from the vibration. Apart from that the bike is really solid and very quick, dont even talk to me about that 1290 its like an bolt of lightning with wheels....totally totally crazy makes an R1 look like a cruiser!

Bought a few bits and bobs and put a deposit on a new lid!!!! That will be 5 now so one has to be sold.......and a kreiga bag full of keyrings and lanyards!

Funnily enough I was up there last week with a mate trying out the 1290 superduke and we were both thoroughly underwhelmed with the engine after all the 'Beast' hype. It has a decent shove around 7k but runs out if gears too fast and wasnt a whole lot quicker than my 990SMR on long straights despite the hugely ambitious speedo suggesting otherwise. I think the light front end, constant fear changes and speedo telling porkies make it feel quicker than it actually is. A great bike for linking corner to corner on a nice twisty road but a whole lot slower than a 1000 sportsbike on the straight bits. (We might have tested it against the 1190 and found that catching it up due to the wind protection)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Myself and the missus were there for a couple of hours yesterday as well. Great turn out.

zubair wrote: »

That link did not work but this one for me.
    http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2015/04/12/mm93polerush-the-full-story/173516

Unbelieveable! On his second bike! I'm surprised its legal for him to dump his bike and jump over a wall to get the other one. Brilliant performance..

• Advertisement

batman_oh wrote: »
    Funnily enough I was up there last week with a mate trying out the 1290 superduke and we were both thoroughly underwhelmed with the engine after all the 'Beast' hype. It has a decent shove around 7k but runs out if gears too fast and wasnt a whole lot quicker than my 990SMR on long straights despite the hugely ambitious speedo suggesting otherwise. I think the light front end, constant fear changes and speedo telling porkies make it feel quicker than it actually is. A great bike for linking corner to corner on a nice twisty road but a whole lot slower than a 1000 sportsbike on the straight bits. (We might have tested it against the 1190 and found that catching it up due to the wind protection)

Well in fairness mate, you would be a hell of alot quicker on a bike then me. I would not be used to the power and torque of redlining an R1 and the like, also the test rides yesterday where controlled (as in we were in a line formation for 30 mins) unlike the normal test drives in McCallans where he lets you off for an hour or so if you ask.

Its plenty quick and aggressive for the normal joe soap like me all the same. And faster then I would ever be....I also found it uncomfortable and the sitting position strange and very forward. But again it depends what you are used to riding......

You will have to stick to the H2R for kicks Batman....lol

Advertisement