Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Zascar wrote: »
    That link did not work but this one for me.
    http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2015/04/12/mm93polerush-the-full-story/173516

Unbelieveable! On his second bike! I'm surprised its legal for him to dump his bike and jump over a wall to get the other one. Brilliant performance..

The chap is a god. Fastest rider in history for sure - hopefully he can keep going and not get injured etc. It's a pleasure to watch him at work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well in fairness mate, you would be a hell of alot quicker on a bike then me. I would not be used to the power and torque of redlining an R1 and the like, also the test rides yesterday where controlled (as in we were in a line formation for 30 mins) unlike the normal test drives in McCallans where he lets you off for an hour or so if you ask.

Its plenty quick and aggressive for the normal joe soap like me all the same. And faster then I would ever be....I also found it uncomfortable and the sitting position strange and very forward. But again it depends what you are used to riding......

It's plenty of bike for sure, kind of a naked sportsbike with a bit more comfort and better back road manners. The price would put you off for life though - 14k sterling is just too much for what it is! M50 Honda in Ballymount are actually significantly cheaper than the UK for KTM's at the moment.

Some setup McCallen has, wanted to get up to try the 675R myself but they didn't have a demo one last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

batman_oh wrote: »
    It's plenty of bike for sure, kind of a naked sportsbike with a bit more comfort and better back road manners. The price would put you off for life though - 14k sterling is just too much for what it is! M50 Honda in Ballymount are actually significantly cheaper than the UK for KTM's at the moment.

Some setup McCallen has, wanted to get up to try the 675R myself but they didn't have a demo one last week.

I had that out, I found it a little cramped but smooth as silk. The speed triple yesterday had me smiling like a giddy teenager.

zubair wrote: »

Lengend Jamie, thanx m8

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Link to watch the moto gp http://firstrowir.eu/watch/337686/1/watch-motogp:-grand-prix-usa---race.html

Starting now in a few mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Everyone has probably saw this at this stage, but check out the back wheel slide:

HardCoolCassowary.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

apart from donedeal, where do people go to look for buying bikes.

lennymc wrote: »

Adverts, Bikebuyers guide, Ebay.....and then the well know shops around.

lennymc wrote: »

If you're looking in england, try bike specific forums for good examples for sale.

Anyone on here got a Shark Race R Pro lid?

Really fancy one of these but I need to get my homework done on it as they are not cheap, gonna move my HRC RPHA 10 Monster to pastures new. If the missus finds out I am after a lid I wont see the end of next week...lol.

They look and seem like a quality piece of kit, I already have an Arai Quantum ST and a Flip up Evoline 3 so I want something light and funky...any suggestions?

http://www.shark-helmets.com/product.php?modele=RACE-R%20PRO%20MILES%20Black%20Red%20Yellow&sous_gamme=RAP&gamme=SHARK%20Racing%20Division&reference_modele=HE8683EBRY&langue=IRELAND%20IRELAND%20-%20English

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

This dope swerves out to overtake the tractor... I just hoped that lad coming out of the side road on my left doesnt drive out more and cut off my path to swerve in a bit.... wanker..

16516238753_506ee1f465_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Really fancy one of these but I need to get my homework done on it as they are not cheap, gonna move my HRC RPHA 10 Monster to pastures new. If the missus finds out I am after a lid I wont see the end of next week...lol.

They look and seem like a quality piece of kit, I already have an Arai Quantum ST and a Flip up Evoline 3 so I want something light and funky...any suggestions?

http://www.shark-helmets.com/product.php?modele=RACE-R%20PRO%20MILES%20Black%20Red%20Yellow&sous_gamme=RAP&gamme=SHARK%20Racing%20Division&reference_modele=HE8683EBRY&langue=IRELAND%20IRELAND%20-%20English
    Wonda , I have the Quantum st and its the most comfortable lid I have, it feels lighter and tighter than both shoeis I have,there is absolutely no way you need a better lid, yer missus is gonna kill ye, when she finds out you put a deposit on a lid up i mckellans.
    Haha :D

Wonda , I have the Quantum st and its the most comfortable lid I have, it feels lighter and tighter than both shoeis I have,there is absolutely no way you need a better lid, yer missus is gonna kill ye, when she finds out you put a deposit on a lid up i mckellans.
    Haha :D

The Quantum is a super lid but compared to my HJC RPHA10 Monster lid it is alot heavier. McCallans cant get the lid I want for about 4 weeks as its just released so I am on the look out again.

I will get the "Queen Bee" netflix for the month she be grand. ;)

Light strip for helmet. Looks good but no way I would have that battery pack sticking out on the side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofV0jm1yCcg

Light strip for helmet. Looks good but no way I would have that battery pack sticking out on the side.

Wouldn't last too long the way i drive. or the roads I drive on, still want one though, its probably as close to tron as I'll get :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Looking to buy one myself, this one to be precise in Black/White /red:

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/sec423bbae580/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Spidi-Race-R-Pro-Carbon-Racing-Division/SubProducts/Spidi-Race-R-Pro-Carbon-Racing-Division-0001

453 EUR is steep but Shark helmets fit me perfectly and I find them superbly made.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

we lookin at the same vid? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

I have the exact helmet you are looking at. Extremely well made, super comfy and light. Great reduction on wind noise from my last Shark helmet.

I have had 3 Shark helmets and couldn't fault them for build quality and they have also saved my head in few high speed crashes on the track.

The only downside is that a tinted visor for that model costs in and around €100. Lee Motorcycles have them currently at €75.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Going to my first Bikefest this year in Killarney. Any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Yeah it's pretty good. Myself and the missus are going. We went last year too and there was a good turn out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Don't forget your costume & obligatory tassles :D

MI0002748847.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I might dress up like that but the missus cant get that chest hair together in time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

I got a Race R Pro at Christmas. It's a very good lid but I have big issues with condensation on the inside of the visor. There is a Shark version of a foggy mask included but it doesn't work anywhere near as effectively and if it is cold or raining, the inside of the visor builds up with condensation pretty badly. Now, it doesn't fog whatsoever but the build up of liquid distorts the view pretty significantly. Opening the visor doesn't really help if it's raining as you get the same issue with rain. All of the above happens with all of the vents open and the vent at the mouth is so direct that my mouth / gums have actually gotten painfull they've been so cold during Jan and February commutes. A normal foggy mask won't fit properly due to the skirt and cheek padding. I have a black visor also which was €90 or close to it and the same problem but it does disappear when the weather is more mild. I did see one website advertising for a pinlock but I couldn't confirm if this required drilling the visor which I'm reluctant to do. I'd advise to try in the cold and wet before committing. There's a thread somewhere on biker.ie where I've spoken to a few people experiencing the same issue.
    Another thing which is a pain is the magnetic clasp to stop the chin strap is very poor, it's located so that's its awkward to close at the exact tightness I like my helmet at and often comes undone at motorway speed and starts to flap around off the helmet.

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Don't forget your costume & obligatory tassles :D

MI0002748847.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Back when I was a mod I banned all talk of arse-less chaps :pac:

Ahhhh, those were the days :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

KTR1C wrote: »

Too afraid someone might upstage you! :p

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Too afraid someone might upstage you! :p

Yeah and there's plenty of contenders :P

KTR1C wrote: »

You were a mod? They must have let any auld eejit become a mod back in the day :D

Cienciano wrote: »
    You were a mod? They must have let any auld eejit become a mod back in the day :D
    Still do :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Still do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Ah Lads.... Don't be talking about LookBehindYou like that :eek:

Advertisement