Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Bandit0

goodlad wrote: »
    Thats almost sexual looking! Almost....... :o

Nothing 'almost' about it...
    I just with the same GIF had goodlads face on it....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

LOL! Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

FvSFI2a.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

FvSFI2a.gif

You're a C**T!
    Bandit0 wrote: »
    Nothing 'almost' about it...
    I just with the same GIF had goodlads face on it....
    you gave him the idea!!!!

Literally cannot stop laughing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I was bleedin rippin ih on me burd dis mornin and der wasn a boy in blu in sight. Super bleedin sonic i was!

I stopped reading after the first part....:eek:

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    You're a C**T!

you gave him the idea!!!!

If you wanna use that language Blu3 I think you better off over on Biker apparently.

:pac::pac::pac:

Lads, any recommendation of somewhere to buy a shed? Either timber or metal will do, im not fussed.

Looking for something max 13ft wide and 10ft deep. Preferably with double doors or one wide door so i can stick the bike in it if im going away or storing it etc.. But in general its just for storage.

Looking at this:

http://www.shedsdirectireland.com/product/snsd-10-x-12/

Lads, any recommendation of somewhere to buy a shed? Either timber or metal will do, im not fussed.

Looking for something max 13ft wide and 10ft deep. Preferably with double doors or one wide door so i can stick the bike in it if im going away or storing it etc.. But in general its just for storage.

Looking at this:

Thats the one smiler has Goodlad....ask him for a look at the back. If you can stretch it steeltech sheds have a few special offers on.

Thats what I got and its fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

345530.jpg

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Thats the one smiler has Goodlad....ask him for a look at the back. If you can stretch it steeltech sheds have a few special offers on.

Thats what I got and its fabulous.

I had looked at the steeltech stuff but the price is double the one i linked. Possible for good reason but for what i need i think it may do the job nicely.

Justy gotta dig up a trench a few inches deep and pour some concrete for it to level up the ground and give it a good base

I had looked at the steeltech stuff but the price is double the one i linked. Possible for good reason but for what i need i think it may do the job nicely.

Justy gotta dig up a trench a few inches deep and pour some concrete for it to level up the ground and give it a good base

Yeah and when you have the foundation going in stick in 2 ground anchors when cement is wet.

Looking up the foundation setup now. Need to slap down some compacted stones to lay the concrete down on so it's not just poured on the damn ground . Will price it up tomorrow.

If you don't put in a damp-proof membrane then you'll have damp rising up through the floor, not good.

Need to do something about the floor in my shed (it was like that when I got here) but it'd actually be easier to knock the whole thing down and start again.

Yeah just doing some reading up about it now. Will have a chat to the place I'm looking at buying the shed from and see if they can sort out getting the base layers down for me

Been reading this:

http://www.shedsdirectireland.com/choosing-a-base/

I think the paving slab method looks handiest. Just need to pour a cement/sand mix down then the slabs on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Looking at this:

I used the place in Clane before, they were good at speccing it out custom and arrived with everything ready to go including foundations (although mine was on blocks on grass so not sure how they fare with concrete foundations), in and out in an hour or two. Can't remember how they were price wise but might be worth the short trip.

http://www.clanesteelgardensheds.ie/Clane_Sheds/Home.html

Been reading this:

http://www.shedsdirectireland.com/choosing-a-base/

I think the paving slab method looks handiest. Just need to pour a cement/sand mix down then the slabs on top.

No good. No DPM and the weight of the bike will make them sink and/or become uneven.

A lot of people don't realise that a bike puts down more pressure per unit area on the contact patch than a car. They'd put down 6 inches of concrete for a garage...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Pique

No good. No DPM and the weight of the bike will make them sink and/or become uneven.

A lot of people don't realise that a bike puts down more pressure per unit area on the contact patch than a car. They'd put down 6 inches of concrete for a garage...

Might be a concern only if you never move the bike, surely? If it's used and parked every day then it shouldn't have anywhere near the same effect as a car.

Unless it's a Goldwing...

Keep in mind the bike may go into this shed for 2 weeks in a year... it's just a garden shed but getting it big enough to take a bike when I'm on holiday

• Advertisement

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I used the place in Clane before, they were good at speccing it out custom and arrived with everything ready to go including foundations (although mine was on blocks on grass so not sure how they fare with concrete foundations), in and out in an hour or two. Can't remember how they were price wise but might be worth the short trip.

http://www.clanesteelgardensheds.ie/Clane_Sheds/Home.html

Hm... will give them a buzz tomorrow and see what the craic is with their sheds not needing a concrete or hardcore base

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭prunudo

Personally I'd go for a concrete base, it's a better job all round but I'd get ready mix, its never as strong if you're mixing it yourself.
    The paving slab option wouldn't be bad either if you're not planning on staying at the house for a long time. Although if you do go down this route spec it higher than what they've said. I would be putting in a 3-4" deep hardcore base between the soil and the bed of mortar.

On a similar note, is there any bike covers that will cover bike top to bottom?
    I find that the wind is lifting the cover pretty bad and the rain is still battering the undercarriage.

Bandit0 wrote: »
    On a similar note, is there any bike covers that will cover bike top to bottom?
    I find that the wind is lifting the cover pretty bad and the rain is still battering the undercarriage.

Oxford Stormex. I had a medium one on the ninja and it fit but was kinda tight.
    Will try it on the blackbird later and let you know what the fit is like.

Oxford Stormex. I had a medium one on the ninja and it fit but was kinda tight.
    Will try it on the blackbird later and let you know what the fit is like.

Nice one.
    I've the bike with me today so might pop over after work and have a look...

They pricey?!

About 80 quid give or take a few euro.

Was chatting to the Shed people more! two of the places have some back to me and said they put down an aluminium base and then build the shed onto that which is why they dont put down the concrete base layers, its not needed in their opinion.

Are they just talking crap? Keeping in mind.. the aim of this shed isnt bike storage.

Id deffo do it right Gary and stick down the concrete its not a big job for a shed that size.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Id deffo do it right Gary and stick down the concrete its not a big job for a shed that size.

It is because im exceptionally lazy... :P

Gonna make some calls and see if any local lads are up for doing it for me.
    I dont even own a shovel! hahaha

Oh... my garden also isnt level...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Need a shed myself for similar purposes, not for just bike storage, but would be sticking the bike in there when on holidays/bad winter weeks.

What was the story with condensation on the steel sheds? Half the people I talk to say that the whole shed is damp and tools rusty because of it. Is there some insulation/ventilation in those sheds you've mentioned to mitigate it?

Advertisement