Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

We have a 20x10 Steeltech.ie shed, fully lined with a type of material that stops all condensation (as standard) They also offer it lined with Aeroboard. Doors are as you require, single, double, roller etc. Lifetime corrosion guarantee too. All you need to do is lay down a 3" base that overlaps by 4 inches all round. Ours took less than 2 hours for them to assemble. I have had no problems with anything rusting in it. You can sometimes also be lucky and get one of their ex display models at a good discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Free to good home: L vest, one careful owner.

\o/

jp8vRb0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Free to good home: L vest, one careful owner.

\o/

You should charge for it, it's lucky now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Poxy Motor tax!! Pin Retrival worked so i guess the change of ownership got processed. Get a PIN in my email and when i try log into the tax site with it and my reg number it doesnt fooking work! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

goodlad wrote: »
    Poxy Motor tax!! Pin Retrival worked so i guess the change of ownership got processed. Get a PIN in my email and when i try log into the tax site with it and my reg number it doesnt fooking work! :(
    The site is a shambles, I tried for a pin renewal and it wasn't having any of it, so I'd resigned myself to going down to Queen St to renew it on my lunch, tried again before going down and it worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Can I get a pin taxing a bike for the first time if back tax is owed?
    March and April must be paid on the Ape!

Looking at the site, it says enter pin, or pin renewal so if you don't already have a pin its unlikely you can go any further with it, could be wrong though.
    Tax on line

[IMG][/img]kPDTVPp.png

Looking at the site, it says enter pin, or pin renewal so if you don't already have a pin its unlikely you can go any further with it, could be wrong though.
    Tax on line

[IMG][/img]kPDTVPp.png

That says pin retrieval Skill

Same thing though, you would have to been issued with a pin initially in order to retrieve / renew it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Same thing though, you would have to been issued with a pin initially in order to retrieve / renew it?

Nope, you can retrieve it with some info from the log book if you have it. Worke for me on the latest bike taxing it.

• Advertisement

Yeah exactly. you do the retrieval and if the details you put in match the database you get emailed a pin straight away. I got my pin but that very pin is invalid when I try log in with it.

Spent the last 90 mins giving the bike a once over with Meguiars Ultimate Compound. Paintwork came up lovely. .. now to get the Meguiars Tech Wax done... my arms are gonna fall off

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The site is a shambles, I tried for a pin renewal and it wasn't having any of it, so I'd resigned myself to going down to Queen St to renew it on my lunch, tried again before going down and it worked.

Yeah, I put in all the details in pin retrieval and had to go down to Ballymun tax office at lunch. Can see why people don't bother taxing their bike

The vintage boys are having a run from Youghal today.
    Popped in for a while.
    Spotted this interesting Ducati and a Morini beside it.
    Also a gorgeous old Guzzi mmmm

D9DCB5E6-7C6A-483B-A247-25FB97E74541_zpswfharjsq.jpg

4B06FFD5-A704-40E8-82F1-35CB1DDD1080_zpstihw8d4i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

What are those things on the Ducati beside the engine, crash bungs?
    They ruin the bike for me, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the bike looks great without those wings.
    Surely there is a better way of protecting the engine without them?

CJhaughey wrote: »
    What are those things on the Ducati beside the engine, crash bungs?
    They ruin the bike for me, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the bike looks great without those wings.
    Surely there is a better way of protecting the engine without them?

Some kind of rads or oil cooler maybe.
    Can you make out the fins on the inside of the far off one?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

blade1 wrote: »
    Some kind of rads or oil cooler maybe.
    Can you make out the fins on the inside of the far off one?
    Could be oil coolers but they usually aren't that big and there is usually only one.
    I think they are decorative, look at the little dimples on the rear of the closest one and the three mock nuts at the front.
    Weird.

Could be oil coolers but they usually aren't that big and there is usually only one.
    I think they are decorative, look at the little dimples on the rear of the closest one and the three mock nuts at the front.
    Weird.

A bit weird alright.
    I'd pick the Moto Guzzi over it any day.
    The pic I put up of the Guzzi does not do it justice.
    Way nicer in the flesh.

Anyone know someone around Tallaght with a bike trailer?
    A mates bike has been sitting up for a bout a year and he is moving house. He went to start it up today to drive it to the new place and its a no go.

He needs it transport to Rathcoole so only about a 15 minute drive.
    He preferably needs it transport tomorrow because its currently just chained up to a gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

Weird.

tis the exhaust

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Did anyone watch the MotoGP? Great race..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Zascar wrote: »

AHHHHHHHHH NO SPOILERS COLLY :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Bores me to tears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Wossack wrote: »
    tis the exhaust

Bet me too it ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    AHHHHHHHHH NO SPOILERS COLLY :mad::mad:
    How is that a spoiler??

This is a spoiler:
    http://i.imgur.com/giMKxuB.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Bandit0

tumblr_niru9eufk51tp80nvo1_540.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

helluva race :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Had to travel to England last night so I took the bike with the panniers to the airport. On my way back today, shared the rode with a savage SP1, it was just spotless and sounded awesome. Took me a while to get use to filtering with the panniers, had a good laugh with the SP1 though!

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Had to travel to England last night so I took the bike with the panniers to the airport. On my way back today, shared the rode with a savage SP1, it was just spotless and sounded awesome. Took me a while to get use to filtering with the panniers, had a good laugh with the SP1 though!
    I saw you up on Howth pier, managed to get it on camera :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

I saw you up on Howth pier, managed to get it on camera :)

LOL, had a close one with the barriers when going in to car park at the airport, could have been a similar incident!

Advertisement