Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Got my *Think bike* car stickers today. Used a belfast post code and they were forward down. If anyone wants one just gimme a shout next time I'm heading on a Sunday spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hmm are they free to an NI address?

Does Parcel Motel work? :pac:

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Yup it's free from them to a NI address.

I was gonna use my parcel motel but using the Belfast post code worked out free

Anyone know the cheapest place to pick up a scotoiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

goodlad wrote: »
    Anyone know the cheapest place to pick up a scotoiler?

Lee honda great and fast service http://www.motorcycleshop.ie/scottoiler-v-system-universal-kit-1542-p.asp

Louis.de have the same system but its 149 incl del

• Advertisement

This im sorted. Even with awful sterling amazon is cheaper.

Kit is 88 euro http://amzn.to/1Gj4fuZ
    and the dual injector is 30 quid http://amzn.to/1DecB2n

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

goodlad wrote: »
    This im sorted. Even with awful sterling amazon is cheaper.

Kit is 88 euro http://amzn.to/1Gj4fuZ
    and the dual injector is 30 quid http://amzn.to/1DecB2n

Never mind your Scottoiler, where are those Beowulfs goodlad.

Remember I'll have my digital caliper and laser protractor ready!:pac:

They got delivered today and will be going on the bike hopefully tomorrow

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Reminds me I need to go oil my chain...

Zascar wrote: »
    Reminds me I need to go oil my chain...

Links above to the good price scottoiler :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

:pac::pac::pac:
    wnAX1DB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Urban myth. Also attributed to Toyota car handbooks, Tokyo car rental firms (how many Westerners have ever hired a car in Japan??), etc.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

How many Westerners hire a car in Tokyo never mind Japan?!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Bandit0

Just sitting in work, looking out the window, and watching the amount of retards speeding past on a main road, without a drop of gear on them!

Dude went past there at easily 100+ km on the main street and didn't even have a jacket on!

What is wrong with these people?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Bandit0 wrote: »
    Just sitting in work, looking out the window, and watching the amount of retards speeding past on a main road, without a drop of gear on them!

Dude went past there at easily 100+ km on the main street and didn't even have a jacket on!

What is wrong with these people?!
    They must feel that they have too much skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

need new wheel bearings and seals - best place? will do all of em (2 front, 3 rear) 05/06 zx6r. Thinking wemoto as they do kits, which would be pretty handy

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/kawasaki/zx-6r_zx_636_c1/05/picture/rear_wheel_bearing_kit_with_dust_seals/
    &
    http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/kawasaki/zx-6r_zx_636_c1/05/picture/front_wheel_bearing_kit_with_dust_seals/

Wossack wrote: »
    need new wheel bearings and seals - best place? will do all of em (2 front, 3 rear) 05/06 zx6r. Thinking wemoto as they do kits, which would be pretty handy
    What size are they? Local bearing shop probably has them for very little.
    One tip get sealed bearings 6205-2RS C3 and pop the rubber seal and put some more grease in there. Most bearing manufacturers are miserable with grease.

need to replace the seals though (well the sprocket carrier one at least), so thought a kit might be better?

Ill have to get the vernier calipers out when I get home, as getting conflicting info online as per sizes

I believe the rears are
    6205UU - 25X52X15
    6006G - 30X55X13 (carrier)

front
    6005UU - 25X47X12

there is a spacer in the carrier, which may explain the 5mm I/D difference between the wheel and the carrier bearings

need to replace the seals though (well the sprocket carrier one at least), so thought a kit might be better?

Ill have to get the vernier calipers out when I get home, as getting conflicting info online as per sizes

I believe the rears are
    6205UU - 25X52X15
    6006G - 30X55X13 (carrier)

front
    6005UU - 25X47X12

there is a spacer in the carrier, which may explain the 5mm I/D difference between the wheel and the carrier bearings
    The seals should be easily got as well.
    Abbey seals have a good range and most bearing places carry a decent range of seals if you only fancy going to one place.
    I would have thought the bearings would be C3? Usually a bit looser for better heat tolerances.
    If you whip the wheel out you can check for sure.

good stuff - potiential plan might be to pull all the seals and bearings out, and go around to a few of the places and say gimme more of these please

dont know about the C3 - ill see if theres any markings on the actual bearings when I get in this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Any truth to the rumour that putting bearings in the freezer overnight helps with the fitting?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Any truth to the rumour that putting bearings in the freezer overnight helps with the fitting?

Yes!
    1000000%

bearings in the freezer, and go at the hub with a heatgun, and they should go in handily methinks

Yep that's exactly how I replace internal engine bearings.
    Plumbers MAPP torch, heat 'til spit sizzles on the part and drop in bearings straight out of chest freezer.
    They usually drop straight in, right to the bottom of the bearing recess.
    Oven, heat gun all will work given time, just be aware of what you are heating it on is not flammable and that paint may not always like heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Sorry folks, had to get this off my chest.
    To the rider and his lady friend pavillion ( who you obviously have no regard for letting her use her own skin as her only protection)on the 01 F650GS, keep riding like the maggot you are like this mornings display in Dublin traffic and your comeuppance is surely in the post.
    My only hope is there's no collateral damage.
    End.

good stuff - potiential plan might be to pull all the seals and bearings out, and go around to a few of the places and say gimme more of these please

dont know about the C3 - ill see if theres any markings on the actual bearings when I get in this evening

you called it CJ - bearing from the sprocket carrier is 6006C3 (made by NTN). Is that unusual though? I wouldnt have thought these would be subject to much heat?

rear wheel are other NTN ones, 6205LU (rubber seal on one side, had assumed both, but makes sense)

sprocket side oil seal is a PJN 40 55 8
    disc side dust seal is PJN 32 52 5

no figures from the front, as not gotten the wheel off just yet

you called it CJ - bearing from the sprocket carrier is 6006C3 (made by NTN). Is that unusual though? I wouldnt have thought these would be subject to much heat?

rear wheel are other NTN ones, 6205LU (rubber seal on one side, had assumed both, but makes sense)

sprocket side oil seal is a PJN 40 55 8
    disc side dust seal is PJN 32 52 5

no figures from the front, as not gotten the wheel off just yet
    Carrier carries a fair bit of load, thats probably why.
    Worth putting some more grease into them before you fit them, a fine tip grease gun and some good grease and use a slim flat blade screwdriver to pop the rubber seal out so you can get the grease in.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Just put new rear brake pad in the bike (hornet 250) previous one was worn down almost fully. Since then done around 100 miles and the back wheel has been squeaking and just put it on the Paddock stand and its not moving freely.

Am new to bikes (3-4 months) so don't have much knowledge but thought it could be the piston sticking but the father thinks it's just bedding in.

Thanks for any help lads and lasses.

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Just put new rear brake pad in the bike (hornet 250) previous one was worn down almost fully. Since then done around 100 miles and the back wheel has been squeaking and just put it on the Paddock stand and its not moving freely.

Am new to bikes (3-4 months) so don't have much knowledge but thought it could be the piston sticking but the father thinks it's just bedding in.

Thanks for any help lads and lasses.
    More than likely sticky piston.
    I just changed my rear pads a couple of weeks ago and I actually put a thicker pad than standard in and I had no issues.

• Advertisement

you change the rear pads yourself? how did the piston look? and the sliding pins?

pads worn almost to the metal means that the piston is out the max amount its ever likely to be - means its exposed to the elements more, and more chance of it pitting and corroding. Those nasty spots stick and bind on the oil seal, and stop the piston travelling freely. That can cause the brakes to stick on slightly

Some people dont, but I like to put a dab of copper grease on the back of the pads on reinstall - gets rid of the squeak after a change

Advertisement