Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Changed them myself with help of my dad but only changed one because the far one had plenty left on it (one moving piston) didn't take much of a look as thought problem was just the pad, will have a better look at piston and pins tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Changed them myself with help of my dad but only changed one because the far one had plenty left on it (one moving piston) didn't take much of a look as thought problem was just the pad, will have a better look at piston and pins tomorrow.
    Change both pads, they should always be changed in pairs never individually.

Cool will change the other one as well tomorrow and take a look at the state of the piston and pins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

if one was down to the metal, and the other seemed ok, Id take a look at the sliding pins (how the calliper is mounted to the bracket), and make sure the calliper is free to float/self center - they should wear fairly evenly

something doesnt sound right there..! can you remember which pad you changed? closest or furthest from the piston?

It was the one closest to the piston that I had to change.

• Advertisement

yea, I'd look at the sliding pins, make sure the caliper is free to move (self center) - that might be your problem with the brake sticking on too

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Just put new rear brake pad in the bike (hornet 250) previous one was worn down almost fully. Since then done around 100 miles and the back wheel has been squeaking and just put it on the Paddock stand and its not moving freely.

Am new to bikes (3-4 months) so don't have much knowledge but thought it could be the piston sticking but the father thinks it's just bedding in.

Thanks for any help lads and lasses.

have thought about it for a good while, so going to take this opportunity to get the wheels powder coated - which would have meant new bearings anyway

also swapping the swingarm and rear shocks for ones in better condition, so will look at their bearings (and linkage bearings) at the same time, and replace as necessary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Ordered a set of tank pads finally, was toying with the idea for a while and finally bit the bullet. The ones from the USA are pricey for what they are and the shipping is $50 ffs. So I went with R&G Eazi grips, much the same thing but cheaper.....

Will let you know how I get on with them...

http://www.eazi-grip.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

There was nowhere in Europe to buy from? That's a mental shipping price

goodlad wrote: »
    There was nowhere in Europe to buy from? That's a mental shipping price

I ended up getting the R&G from the UK not the stomp grips or the Techspec ones from the USA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Ah ok, yeah i just re-read your post. Apart from helping grip the tank with your legs they look greatoo usually

got my techspecs from speedycom.co.uk

took an age, and the quality aint up to their cost imo, so not sure Id entirely recommend

Wossack wrote: »
    got my techspecs from speedycom.co.uk

took an age, and the quality aint up to their cost imo, so not sure Id entirely recommend

Yeah stomp grip are meant to be the best you can get but the shipping is crazy, I'd say the R&G ones will do exactly what they say on the tin. And decent price too

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Zascar wrote: »

Quality...at least he has all the gear on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Bandit0

Zascar wrote: »

Goodlad - At least he can turn right, kinda... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Great news, after being off the road for over a month due to clutch failure my bike is booked in for a new clutch on May 14th :D

Bad news, its with JD Motorrad ~ I swore I wouldn't use them again, but they came back with the cheapest price and actually quoted me cheaper than one of their mechanics was quoting me as a nixxer (f*cking chancer).

Great news, after being off the road for over a month due to clutch failure my bike is booked in for a new clutch on May 14th :D

Bad news, its with JD Motorrad ~ I swore I wouldn't use them again, but they came back with the cheapest price and actually quoted me cheaper than one of their mechanics was quoting me as a nixxer (f*cking chancer).

Cost you in the long run when the clutch goes again next month....;);)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Cost you in the long run when the clutch goes again next month....;);)

I expect this one will last the life of the bike now.. I'm almost up on 100,000km on her and only replacing the clutch now.

Drive shaft crown bearing was done at 80km so thats that done.

Considering the life I give a bike I'm not doing too badly tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

When it is fixed, you will be able to join wonda boy for a Sunday spun.

• Advertisement

P.C. wrote: »

Unless they're up around Dublin sometime, but unless there's a reason to ride the motorbike on Sundays I cycle/train.

"HE" would be more then welcome....he is a very well liked, valuable member off the forum.

Think of all the Fun
    On a Sunday Spun
    Riding in the Sun
    We would not be Glum

I expect this one will last the life of the bike now.. I'm almost up on 100,000km on her and only replacing the clutch now.

Drive shaft crown bearing was done at 80km so thats that done.

Considering the life I give a bike I'm not doing too badly tbh.

I was referring to the workmanship being done, not slagging the boike Macker, Just for ****s and giggles how much is it costing to replace the clutch on the Beemer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Yeah stomp grip are meant to be the best you can get but the shipping is crazy, I'd say the R&G ones will do exactly what they say on the tin. And decent price too

Hey wonda,

You can buy the stomp grips from NDM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Bandit0

Not just Spundays either man!
    They also go for;

Monday Spuns
    Tuesday Spuns
    Wednesday Spuns
    Thursday Spuns
    Friday Spuns
    And even Saturday Spuns.

I overheard some of the cool kids talking at the back of the sheds and they were saying Wonda went out on a Christmas Spun, but I don't know.

I was referring to the workmanship being done, not slagging the boike Macker, Just for ****s and giggles how much is it costing to replace the clutch on the Beemer?

Costing me 30 Euro short of a grand :mad:

blade1 wrote: »

£42 sterling and another £10 to post, that mental. I got the R&G ones for £30 sterling all in. Cant be too much of a difference.....
    Bandit0 wrote: »
    Not just Spundays either man!
    They also go for;

Monday Spuns
    Tuesday Spuns
    Wednesday Spuns
    Thursday Spuns
    Friday Spuns
    And even Saturday Spuns.

I overheard some of the cool kids talking at the back of the sheds and they were saying Wonda went out on a Christmas Spun, but I don't know.

FYI, I dont go for SPUNS...I go prowlin....like a T BIRD!!!

Costing me 30 Euro short of a grand :mad:

WHA' are you takin the piss.....Seriously!!!

:eek::eek:

• Advertisement

WHA' are you takin the piss.....Seriously!!!

:eek::eek:

Yup, seriously.. Sour taste eh!.

Since it went I've had loads of lectures about wheelies, but it does those off the gas. I guess it was its time to bite the dust.

Advertisement