Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

North West Road Races are on this weekend lads, absolute cracking event and lovely spin up to the tip of Northern Ireland. Should be a few heading up....all the top riders will be there, so well worth a trip if you never been.

http://www.northwest200.org

If you fancy a trip but not on motorbike they now do coachs up and back...

http://nutttravel.com/index.php?cID=312#.VU9mFKnZU36

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I would always rather ride my own bike than watch other people ride their bikes.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭prunudo

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    North West Road Races are on this weekend lads, absolute cracking event and lovely spin up to the tip of Northern Ireland. Should be a few heading up....all the top riders will be there, so well worth a trip if you never been.

I was meant to be heading up on the bike with a few others but a family engagement is planned for next Saturday. To say I was raging when I heard of the clash of dates was an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

What's it like for accommodation? Assuming it's hard to get?

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    What's it like for accommodation? Assuming it's hard to get?

It would be hard enough at this stage to get accommodation very close to the track but you would get a B&B and the like close to on the outskirts.

It really is a great event to watch.

It would be hard enough at this stage to get accommodation very close to the track but you would get a B&B and the like close to on the outskirts.

It really is a great event to watch.

Anywhere in one of the 3 towns, just to have the craic in the evenings in the pubs.

TBH I never went up early or stayed over, always up and down in the one day and its a long day as its about 3 hrs up more or less. Might see about going up late Fri for the atmosphere....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Ah lads, I can't believe I just had to look at that...how about a warning with a link in future for graphic images rather than an embedded image please? Not everyone is ok with looking at such things.
    /Mod

WARNING - graphic injury image

This is why I wear all the gear all the time, adds an extra 10 mins to put it all on but....

http://i.imgur.com/ky3WEjrl.jpg

Mornin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭prunudo

Well there goes my breakfast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

almost as bad as the previous pic -

1_04_01_10_1_50_11.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Ah sure a splash of tcp will sort that

This is why I wear all the gear all the time, adds an extra 10 mins to put it all on but....

http://i.imgur.com/ky3WEjrl.jpg

Mornin :)

Yeah but how do we know it was a motorbike accident that could have happened wheeling a trolley at speed rushing for a aldi super saver and crashing with an O.A.P rushing for a bag of compost!!

I am not convinced of this all the gear all the time malarky!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

if he'd been wearing his gear pushing that trolley in aldi... :P

Wossack wrote: »
    if he'd been wearing his gear pushing that trolley in aldi... :P

EXACTLY!!!!

Aldi have them really fast posh trollies not like the old ones tesco and dunnes use. Mad top speed with them so there is.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

one of the downsides to direct access alright.. back in my days, it was 2 years on a shallow trolley with bockety wheels, before you got anywhere near them german yokes

Wossack wrote: »
    one of the downsides to direct access alright.. back in my days, it was 2 years on a shallow trolley with bockety wheels, before you got anywhere near them german yokes

With no fancy separate compartments for flowers or the like!

Well, there's a link that won't be clicked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

YdSiRBVh.jpg

Good stuff, even if I cant make the run (Up at NW200 day before) I will donate to RPM for the family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Good stuff, even if I cant make the run (Up at NW200 day before) I will donate to RPM for the family.

I doubt I'll be up.

I was suppose to cycle the Cycle4DSI 'Lap de Gaps' another one of Aidan's charities, last time I was chatting with Aidan he was advising me re setting up a mycharity.ie account to gather sponsorship etc.. Its a 100km sportive across the Dublin/Wicklow mountains.

Cycle4DSI is the brainchild of Aidan's. Man I'm heartbroken, I really am.

I'm still cycling it, but with a very heavy heart.

I doubt I'll be up.

I was suppose to cycle the Cycle4DSI 'Lap de Gaps' another one of Aidan's charities, last time I was chatting with Aidan he was advising me re setting up a mycharity.ie account to gather sponsorship etc.. Its a 100km sportive across the Dublin/Wicklow mountains.

Cycle4DSI is the brainchild of Aidan's. Man I'm heartbroken, I really am.

I'm still cycling it, but with a very heavy heart.

It will be the easiest cycle for you as you will use the grief to power through it macker! And I am sure he will be with you every step of the way, either that or give you multiple punctures lol.

;)

Anyone use some foam spray cleaner on their bike? I have seen some valet places using it and leaving it on for a while then just rinsing off.

Wouldnt mind trying some out if its any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

goodlad wrote: »
    Anyone use some foam spray cleaner on their bike? I have seen some valet places using it and leaving it on for a while then just rinsing off.

Wouldnt mind trying some out if its any use.

What part of the bike is it for?
    If it's for fairings and stuff just use Mr Sheen!

That grand to use after its clean.

Looking for a good snow foam to use instead of the effort of a bucket and sponge.

Can grab a snow lance for my power washer to apply it. Just wondering if the stuff actually works

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

That grand to use after its clean.

Looking for a good snow foam to use instead of the effort of a bucket and sponge.

Can grab a snow lance for my power washer to apply it. Just wondering if the stuff actually works

Ah right!
    Just be careful with type of detergent in the foam.
    I prefer to just use a hose.

Will post a few pics from the NW200 tomorrow lads, early start for the epic ride up. Leaving the bat cave at 5:15am and meeting up with 2 fellow boards geeks!
    Lets hope the weather holds off coz we might melt in the rain.

Come on the Guy Martin.....vroooooom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Will post a few pics from the NW200 tomorrow lads, early start for the epic ride up. Leaving the bat cave at 5:15am and meeting up with 2 fellow boards geeks!
    Lets hope the weather holds off coz we might melt in the rain.

Come on the Guy Martin.....vroooooom

Haha, W, you remind me of the last time I went up to the northwest, must have been about 10 or 15 of us all arranged to meet up at Kealys pub on the airport road, real early and after a session. So, a few of us were waiting for others to turn up, when we hear a lad burning the bike up the road, lovely sound,
    The thing is, there's a roundabout on the straight, which he went through like a warthog, up he went, flipped the bike and himself, and came down in the middle of the roundabout.
    At this stage, we're looking at the chap (Tony :) ) laying in the middle of the roundabout with a bike that had just been rebuilt in pieces, with Tony goin "the bike, the bike!". Haha, wasn't even his bike, his mate had spent a year rebuilding it and lent it to him for the trip up!

YdSiRBVh.jpg

Anyone else heading up?
    I'm meeting 3 mates tomorrow in naas and heading from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Anyone else heading up?
    I'm meeting 3 mates tomorrow in naas and heading from there.

I will be there tomorow Gary! I will get a look at the new bird!

Advertisement