Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

Zascar wrote: »

I was just down the road from the incident. It was a massive crash and just a freak accident and I hope for a speedy recovery for the woman involved.

I don't think that picture should have been released as all it does is bring out the keyboard bashers to call for road racing to be banned etc etc.
    As a ex racer and road racing supporter the people who attend any road racing event know the dangers and go to them for the love of the sport.

And as per usual they only post the bad from the sport not anything good that happens at road racing events.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I don't think that picture should have been released as all it does is bring out the keyboard bashers to call for road racing to be banned etc etc.
    I agree, they don't make any noise in the isle of man when this happens..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Even the use of the language on the FB page calling it a "warzone" is in very bad taste in light of the past troubles. Trashy journalism IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Even the use of the language on the FB page calling it a "warzone" is in very bad taste in light of the past troubles. Trashy journalism IMO

A war zone is what happened in Waco, TX yesterday (HERE)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭prunudo

Typical media sh1te, the comments below the indo article are comical. No wonder the country is fooked with opinions like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,348 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Independent Newspapers have always had it in for bikers.

'Snarling brain-dead morons' - Evening Herald

Scrap the cap!

Re the Waco shooting, I was thinking. Considering the cops got involved in that row pretty quickly it stretches the imagination that no cops or bystanders were shot dead or injured, and that all the casualties were bikers, nine dead and a huge amount injured ~ ONLY bikers and no one else.. Then 173 bikers are arrested, who are the cops trying to silence?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭prunudo

Re the Waco shooting, I was thinking. Considering the cops got involved in that row pretty quickly it stretches the imagination that no cops or bystanders were shot dead or injured, and that all the casualties were bikers, nine dead and a huge amount injured ~ ONLY bikers and no one else.. Then 173 bikers are arrested, who are the cops trying to silence?.

I was thinking similarly, I wonder how many of the dead were shot by police bullets.

Some more questions raised HERE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Waco has form though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Cienciano wrote: »

Maybe its just me but I found that terribly hard to follow.

I thought 1%ers didn't get on with the AMA.

I'll get me jacket...

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Will post a few pics from the NW200 tomorrow lads, early start for the epic ride up. Leaving the bat cave at 5:15am and meeting up with 2 fellow boards geeks!
    Lets hope the weather holds off coz we might melt in the rain.

Come on the Guy Martin.....vroooooom

Was watching Guys 2014 vs 2015 short interview , bit of a difference in opinion!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Apparently the cops were monitoring it from the off as the restaurant informed them off the meet, when it spilled out of the bar it went tits up fairly quick so back up was called.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

should the steering lock more on one side then the other ? I notice my turning circle on the left is a lot smaller then the right is this normal ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

eh no.. something def up there

whats the bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Wossack wrote: »
    eh no.. something def up there

whats the bike?
    96 hornet 250, thought it might have something to do with the steering lock. on the left it locks until the bar touches tank but a good few inches off on the right.

Bent handlebars probably. They shouldn't touch the tank unless the lockstops are busted or the bars bent.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

bars could be just twisted in the clamps either

presume its been dropped/had a slide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I took the twisty long way home today, which was a nice change from the m1. 'Busa handles nice on sweepy roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Few bits sort for the bird:

Black bagster tank cover
    MRA Vario Screen
    Black Headlight Cover
    Grips / Bar Ends
    Levers
    Clear Indicator Covers
    Clear Indicators for the back
    LED bulbs
    LED flasher Unit
    Replacement hugger

Should have it all by late next week and get it all installed.
    Gotta get a scottoiler installed too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

goodlad wrote: »
    Few bits sort for the bird:

Black bagster tank cover
    MRA Vario Screen
    Black Headlight Cover
    Grips / Bar Ends
    Levers
    Clear Indicator Covers
    Clear Indicators for the back
    LED bulbs
    LED flasher Unit
    Replacement hugger

Should have it all by late next week and get it all installed.
    Gotta get a scottoiler installed too.

The only surprise there is .....what took you so long?:pac:

I had ordered Chinas finest parts a while back. Some stuff can be awful and some totally fine. Took a while chatting on some blackbird forums and groups to suss out the good from the bad with the stuff from China.

Nabbed the tank cover and mra screen from a lad on Facebook yesterday. Was a great price for them so didn't pass it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

lads whats the best way to wash a bike? I usually hose mine down a bit then use a mitt. after a couple of wipes I rinse it off under the tap but im noticing swirl marks when the bike dries off - most noticeably on the dark windscreen.

is there something im doing wrong or is it inevitable and just try to polish them out with a dab of t cut or something?

in the post a pic thread nearly all the bikes are flipping immaculate - id love to have my yoke looking half as good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

sonic85 wrote: »
    in the post a pic thread nearly all the bikes are flipping immaculate - id love to have my yoke looking half as good!

It annoys me too, then I go for a spin instead of washing the bike and forget about them!:)

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    It annoys me too, then I go for a spin instead of washing the bike and forget about them!:)

yeah I heard people say that before alright! Id like to be able to go for spins and have a spotless bike though!

:D

Polish is really the only way to get the swirls off the bike.
    My bike get a proper clean and polish every 2 months and the odd was in between.

I would soak the bike so soften up dirt, then up the pressure on the hose to blast a bit of it off. Give it a wash then and dry it to check i didnt miss anywhere, Next up is a pain cleaner using some micro fibre cloths and buff that off. Then some wax and buff that off and its done. Usually comes up to a mirror finish with no swirls left.

In between that kinda cleaning it gets the odd clean with a PH neutral wash as that generally wont strip the wax off.

[15315663699_032f2b5a3f_z.jpg

• Advertisement

goodlad wrote: »
    Polish is really the only way to get the swirls off the bike.
    My bike get a proper clean and polish every 2 months and the odd was in between.

I would soak the bike so soften up dirt, then up the pressure on the hose to blast a bit of it off. Give it a wash then and dry it to check i didnt miss anywhere, Next up is a pain cleaner using some micro fibre cloths and buff that off. Then some wax and buff that off and its done. Usually comes up to a mirror finish with no swirls left.

In between that kinda cleaning it gets the odd clean with a PH neutral wash as that generally wont strip the wax off.

[15315663699_032f2b5a3f_z.jpg

Nice one! Ill have to drop into halfords and get a few bits and pieces and give that a go - thanks!

Advertisement