Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

liamnojo92 wrote: »

I have never in all my days seen such restraint as that lad on the bike. He is 10 times the man I am.....even after he gets assaulted multiple times and his tiny girl friend gets hit too, he still refrains from decking that geezer.

Amazing.

goodlad wrote: »

The double take is hilarious......he knows what he seen but he cant believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭sonic85

lads how long would you get away with a worn fork seal? ive noticed some streaks of oil on one fork and im hoping to do a track day sunday week hopefully. would I get away with not changing the seals for a couple of weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Very interesting lecture by the late Doctor John Hinds

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MsZBXlTHPCg&feature=youtu.be

Well worth a watch , amazing work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

sonic85 wrote: »
    lads how long would you get away with a worn fork seal? ive noticed some streaks of oil on one fork and im hoping to do a track day sunday week hopefully. would I get away with not changing the seals for a couple of weeks?

Hard to say. I had leaking fork seals for months and didnt really have any handling issues. But I was commuting on a motorway and not throwing it around a track.

I have heard a clean could sort the leak

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

in a pinch you can wrap a layer or two of cellotape around the fork stanchion, just below the dust seal, and bounce the forks a couple of times. The tape pushes past the oil seal, and pushes any debris back into the fork (its that debris most likely causing the bad seal). Same idea as a 'seal mate'

probably shouldnt past scrutineering if you're leaking oil tbh, and its be pretty remiss of you to try imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭sonic85

Thanks for the replies lads ill try get it fixed up. Better safe than sorry!

Is there anything more confidence inspiring then a new set of rubbers......well maybe a full service done by yourself but It happens maybe once or twice a year.....new tyres are the bizzo!!!!

[URL="[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/2el9q4i.jpg[/IMG]"]2el9q4i.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/k2is6o.jpg[/IMG]"]k2is6o.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Nice, nice number plate too!!:D

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    Nice, nice number plate too!!:D

VR5 in swansea as I speak getting sorted.....should be sorted next week.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    VR5 in swansea as I speak getting sorted.....should be sorted next week.

I'll let you off so!:pac::pac::pac:

Pr4's??
    The bad experiences of a few lads on here hasn't lowered your confidence in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Never seen one bad experience of anyone with a pr4.
    Tbh they must be doing something wrong because the tyres are incredible.

I had a pretty hairy moment during the week in the absolute pissing rain. Anchors down and they gripped rock solid from about 80kmh to 20kmh in the blink of an eye. No slipping at all and i was only driving for about 5 minutes.

As I have said many times I have had always had PRs on my bikes from the 2s up to 3 sets of PR4s now. I have never had a bad experience with them, I have seen a bad warped front tyre on a bike with a PR4 but the lad had the incorrect tyre pressure all the time.

I think personally they are a fabulous tyre, they really are.

This is no joke but I got over 20,000klm from a set of new PR2s, and loads of lads off here were on spins with me can testify to it. They were just about under the limit when I got rid of them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Take from it what you will be last weeks MCN mag had this inf. Tests carried out at bridgestones test track for sports tourer tyres.

1. Bridgestone battlax T30 Evo
    2. Pirelli Angel GT
    3. Conti road attack2 Evo
    4. Michelin PR4
    5. Dunlop roadsmart2

So above info is from a bridgestone advert so:rolleyes: dont take as gospel

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

On my second PR4 front tire and third rear tire on the blackbird, never had any issues rain or dry. Didn't like PR3, too soft in the middle. Had Pr2's on the FZ6 also no issues or complaints.

This is no joke but I got over 20,000klm from a set of new PR2s, and loads of lads off here were on spins with me can testify to it. They were just about under the limit when I got rid of them.....

I still don't know how you managed that on the rear tire lol!

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    On my second PR4 front tire and third rear tire on the blackbird, never had any issues rain or dry. Didn't like PR3, too soft in the middle. Had Pr2's on the FZ6 also no issues or complaints.

I still don't know how you managed that on the rear tire lol!

I know its mental, but it was done and it was not like we were plodding around we were mad on them FZ6's....would have loved to keep the tyre and hang it in my garage.

Sean (chisum) had a completely bald rear in France just before the ferry we coped it, I mean wire showing on a Sat night. He drove all the way across the UK on it to Hollyhead....I was like a bag of nerves driving with him. But the tyre held out.....

Take from it what you will be last weeks MCN mag had this inf. Tests carried out at bridgestones test track for sports tourer tyres.

1. Bridgestone battlax T30 Evo
    2. Pirelli Angel GT
    3. Conti road attack2 Evo
    4. Michelin PR4
    5. Dunlop roadsmart2

So above info is from a bridgestone advert so:rolleyes: dont take as gospel

I take nothing from that....A Grand Touring tyre 2nd in the list???

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Bridgestones are good for tying onto ropes on the side of a trawler, tbh

I never liked them, but when they told their dealers to implement a 'no repair' policy, that was that

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

I never liked them, but when they told their dealers to implement a 'no repair' policy, that was that

WTF? is that still the case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

:) Balls, I used Bt45s for years when I was couriering, you'd get a solid 3/4 months out of them. Theres better tyres round now though, Im using pilot 3s on a tdm which is quite a high bike, and I can flip it anywhich way you want with the knee down.

:) Balls, I used Bt45s for years when I was couriering, you'd get a solid 3/4 months out of them. Theres better tyres round now though, Im using pilot 3s on a tdm which is quite a high bike, and I can flip it anywhich way you want with the knee down.

Pilot 3s are great but a tad soft, great grip low mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

The diversion has BT028s on, and the front one has some ridiculous wear pattern on in it, almost like the opposite of squaring off (Vee-ing off?). Still loads on the tyres though, and doesn't seem to affect handling (although what would I know in fairness). Might change them closer to the winter and see.

Pilot 3s are great but a tad soft, great grip low mileage.

You should see the super corsa's I have on the Aprilia.
    Every spin is like tearing a few layers of rubber off..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

blade1 wrote: »
    You should see the super corsa's I have on the Aprilia.
    Every spin is like tearing a few layers of rubber off..:eek:

But so worth it I'm sure!!

Mr Sheen! wrote: »
    But so worth it I'm sure!!

Yes! Just making sure I have them nice and warm!;)

Would love a rip on a road bike with a pair of slicks on to compare to normal road tyres......I bet the grip is out of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Lets get one in before the summer fecks off...

Let me know what you come up with Skillz....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Would love a rip on a road bike with a pair of slicks on to compare to normal road tyres......I bet the grip is out of this world.

If it was on the road you might find it very difficult to get the tire up to working temperatures and you'd bin it, seriously.

I've done it a few times and its not a good experience at all.

Advertisement