Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Lets get one in before the summer fecks off...

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

zubair wrote: »
    +1

Give Zubair about 3 mths notice will ya!!!!

:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Would love a rip on a road bike with a pair of slicks on to compare to normal road tyres......I bet the grip is out of this world.

If you can get to the limits of a good road tyre in the dry you should be racing professionally.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

First and last time ill attend the Bray airshow:mad: On the plus side there was billions of cracking bikes out and about on the motorway.

• Advertisement

If you can get to the limits of a good road tyre in the dry you should be racing professionally.

I do

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

First and last time ill attend the Bray airshow:mad: On the plus side there was billions of cracking bikes out and about on the motorway.

Why specifically ?

listermint wrote: »
    Why specifically ?

There were no planes.....lol

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Why specifically ?

It was in Bray!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Guys Im travelling home to Ireland for three/four weeks in august to see parents,

I want to do a few lessons in Ireland to ensure I dont get too rusty when I return to my lessons in the Netherlands, is this a possibility?

I will be located in Mayo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

shortys94 wrote: »
    Guys Im travelling home to Ireland for three/four weeks in august to see parents,

I want to do a few lessons in Ireland to ensure I dont get too rusty when I return to my lessons in the Netherlands, is this a possibility?

I will be located in Mayo

only if you have an irish provisional licence or an international full licence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I have a full Irish Driving Licence, not for a bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

You'd have to pass a theory test and apply for a provisional bike licence. You'll hardly get too rusty in a couple of weeks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

First bike :) Picking her up this evening!

11060165_10152840643116307_6314356377112026836_n.jpg?oh=38171e2e86b94a23afd12bee97b9f4df&oe=564FD7D1

Why specifically ?

Traffic, took near 3 hrs to get from the M50 to walk onto the strand.

First bike :) Picking her up this evening!

11060165_10152840643116307_6314356377112026836_n.jpg?oh=38171e2e86b94a23afd12bee97b9f4df&oe=564FD7D1

Welcome to the cb400 club. What year is she

did you not pass out the cars the whole way there???:confused:

aaakev wrote: »
    did you not pass out the cars the whole way there???:confused:
    Car + Kids = long day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Welcome to the cb400 club. What year is she

1994 :) And thanks. Everything I read said that the Super Four is hard to better as a beginner bike so I'm over the moon with it. And happy enough with the price I got her for.

Gonna get her serviced ASAP so she has a baseline of health.

That CB400 is a stonker, they really are a great bike. I would love to pick up something like that I really would. Lovely colour too....

Well wear m8

• Advertisement

Car + Kids = long day

Ouch....

1994 :) And thanks. Everything I read said that the Super Four is hard to better as a beginner bike so I'm over the moon with it. And happy enough with the price I got her for.

Gonna get her serviced ASAP so she has a baseline of health.

Mines also a 94 with 80,000 kilometers on it. If you are anyway mechanical minded the oil & filter changes are very easy http://www.motorcycleshop.ie/cb400-cb1-1820-p.asp could save you a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Car + Kids = long day

Ah, there was your mistake :)

Went on the bike. waved at the folks in their cars.

Incidently your route may have been a poor choice also. There are better routes their that were not slammed with cars.

Ah, there was your mistake :)

Went on the bike. waved at the folks in their cars.

Incidently your route may have been a poor choice also. There are better routes their that were not slammed with cars.

Yep, I know lads that went their own route and had no problems. I was the fool that followed the signs and parked in one of the industrial estates:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Not my bike, but one I saw at the Hamlet Court Hotel on Sunday. I'd say there was about 30 to 50 bikers there, mostly over 50. They had stopped for tea and biscuits it would seem.

Spotted this beauty!

Couldn't find a "post picture of bike you saw" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Picked up my VFR1200 on Friday, after 10 years of riding a BMW GS. What an incredibly different riding experience. I had a sports-profile bike before the GS (sv1000s) , but have clearly forgotten everything I ever learned. Things like leaning into corners, not using breaks when cornering, not relying almost entirely on engine breaking, traffic is now at eye level, the really tight turning radius, being able to get both feet flat on the ground.... The additional power was a little daunting at first, but I'm getting used to it.

I know the vfr12 isn't for everybody (wasn't entirely convinced myself), but it's rapidly growing on me. For the first time in ages, I'm leaving work and finding the long way home again...

Anyone else have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Picked up my VFR1200 on Friday, after 10 years of riding a BMW GS. What an incredibly different riding experience. I had a sports-profile bike before the GS (sv1000s) , but have clearly forgotten everything I ever learned. Things like leaning into corners, not using breaks when cornering, not relying almost entirely on engine breaking, traffic is now at eye level, the really tight turning radius, being able to get both feet flat on the ground.... The additional power was a little daunting at first, but I'm getting used to it.

I know the vfr12 isn't for everybody (wasn't entirely convinced myself), but it's rapidly growing on me. For the first time in ages, I'm leaving work and finding the long way home again...

Anyone else have one?

I had one for a couple of months last year. Commuted daily in all weather, Sunday spins and I also took it to Europe and did the Black Forest etc. A very heavy bike when stopped but so well balanced it almost feels light when riding it.
    What year did you get? Stick up a picture. Best of luck with it .

So far so good getting back onto the bike. Really enjoying it. :)

Just sent an email to HJC (OXFORD) asking how much for a replacement chin curtain as mine broke when I was being hap handed taking it on and off.....they said none in stock as they dont usually carry them but one was sourced for me and I can have it FOC as long as I cover postage.

RESULT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Bray is a disaster to get in and out of at the best of times. Can imagine what it was like for the airshow. Went with the kids to see the fairground the day before, went on the dart though.

Advertisement