Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Arai visors are not cheap....but my last one lasted me 3 yrs never a bother. It was £45 for visor, and service is more or less the whole lid inspected from top to bottom and all movable parts lubed and cheek pads etc checked for fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Arai visors are not cheap....but my last one lasted me 3 yrs never a bother. It was £45 for visor, and service is more or less the whole lid inspected from top to bottom and all movable parts lubed and cheek pads etc checked for fit.

Did £45 include pinlock?

blade1 wrote: »
    Did £45 include pinlock?

Nope, but crossans doing deal with pinlocks at momento. Buy one and get the yellow one free!

goodlad wrote: »
    Got your helmet serviced eh? Whats you missus think of this carry on? :P

So many "Your ma jokes" waiting to be wrote here, must refrain from dragging the place down to your level Goodlad. I cant believe some of your childish antics of late I really cant.

Please troll somewhere else you peasant.

LMAO

Seen the funniest thing EVER up north on sat......

Two lads, full dainese leathers all the gear top off the range no expense spared pull into garage I am having a roll at with 2 lads off here. They are on mini motos, dont know make but front was like a Ducati but deffo Honda badges on them.

Filled up with juice (prolly about 3 quid lol) and ****ed off without paying I **** you not!!!!

Id say the po po caught them on foot ffs, I had to go over and see did the pumps take credit cards but nope in and gone F1 styleeee.

I could not believe it nearly choked on my paninni!!!!

After a long search this is the getaway bike......a HONDA GROM, seen as both lads were well over 6ft thats why I taught it was a min moto!

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/grom/colors.aspx

• Advertisement

^^^^^^
    I'd love one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Honda Grom or MSX125, I'd love a go of one tbh -- They're something like 3.5k brand new. Supposed to be some craic for city driving or messing.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Honda Grom or MSX125, I'd love a go of one tbh -- They're something like 3.5k brand new. Supposed to be some craic for city driving or messing.

And bank robberies and fill ups witout paying!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    And bank robberies and fill ups witout paying!

i thought paying at a petrol station was like the toll booths, optional?

lostboy75 wrote: »
    i thought paying at a petrol station was like the toll booths, optional?

Depends on the cc of the bike.....or so I taught. Maybe the bikes were so small they could not be seen at the pumps lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

I dunno if Id ever chance a fill and flee! Seems like it would be impossible to get away with with all the cameras/cctv petrol stations have. Not saying that I would ever want to either ... I just cant see how people either get away with it or think they could

Prolly old news to most but TOM TOM are in the market with new action cam......must be worth a looksee.

http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/tomtom-bandit-action-camera-new/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Loads of lads on reddit have those Groms, supposed to be brilliant craic

I started a REVolution baby......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Bike shopping is a pain in the hoop! So much ****ing ****e out there.

I need a good barn find! Some aul lad who bought a fz1, loaded it up with extras then never used it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

lol, Id have thought you loved doing it :p

With me shopping so often I can see how you would think that, haha.

In reality I hate it! Its not fun at all. Even if I go see a bike im mechanically retarded so haven't a clue and need to rely on someone coming with me to have a look.

Nice vfr-800 out there thats an option but im not totally sold on it.
    My previous bikes were sv1000, vstrom 1000, zx10r (briefly), blackbird.

I'm very much doubting the vfr 800 will give me the hooligan power and fun those previous bikes gave me. It wont have the torque fun of the twins and its gonna have nowhere near the fun power of the zx10r or the blackbird.

So I keep coming back to a fz1 as the best option. Just a bastard to find one.

In reality I hate it! Its not fun at all. Even if I go see a bike im mechanically retarded so haven't a clue and need to rely on someone coming with me to have a look.

Nice vfr-800 out there thats an option but im not totally sold on it.
    My previous bikes were sv1000, vstrom 1000, zx10r (briefly), blackbird.

I'm very much doubting the vfr 800 will give me the hooligan power and fun those previous bikes gave me. It wont have the torque fun of the twins and its gonna have nowhere near the fun power of the zx10r or the blackbird.

What u need is a BMW S1000XR!!!!!!

You will also need around 18/19 grand..:(

tried out the vfr800? I never have, but the 800 v4 supposed to be good

considered a z1000?

talking about pains in the hoop - considering shifting on my street triple.. seen a lovely gsxr750 that I'd need to make room for

not sure I can face the ball ache though lol

• Advertisement

Was preferably looking at faired bikes but I have always drooled at the z1000, mostly the newer model with the indicators integrated into the fairings.

Take this for example.... Its a work of art!

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/kawasaki-z-1000-2011/10170169

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Did you have luggage on your VStrom? If you're leaning towards the Z1, what about an Z1000SX ?

Was preferably looking at faired bikes but I have always drooled at the z1000, mostly the newer model with the indicators integrated into the fairings.

Take this for example.... Its a work of art!

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/kawasaki-z-1000-2011/10170169

yea, they look the business!

GBX wrote: »
    Did you have luggage on your VStrom? If you're leaning towards the Z1, what about an Z1000SX ?

Yeah the strom had full luggage. I only used the panniers maybe 10 times but having them available if needed was brilliant. Otherwise I would of had to take the car at times.

The z1000sx is a beautiful machine but again out of budget really. My max spend is 5k. I'm very much thinking about banking the 5k and trying to save up another few quid over the next few months to get something really nice.

Yeah the strom had full luggage. I only used the panniers maybe 10 times but having them available if needed was brilliant. Otherwise I would of had to take the car at times.

The z1000sx is a beautiful machine but again out of budget really. My max spend is 5k. I'm very much thinking about banking the 5k and trying to save up another few quid over the next few months to get something really nice.

Ah right, yeah finding a bike in budget is always a pain. Hopefully something comes up for you - FZ1 or otherwise!

You've asked me about parting with my FZ1 over on biker - which I aint. I'm gonna tart mine up a bit. Get the ECU flashed, new map as well etc .. Its a 2006 model so it needs sorting!

Supposedly there is a nice fz1 coming up towards the end of the month, 2009 with only 8000 on the clock but its completely standard. Imagine keeping that stock exhaust! haha.... But again i think its going to be over budget.

Will just keep stalking donedeal.

Edit: Yeah I hear you about the 2006 model, its the reason im trying to avoid them if possible. Dont want to buy a bike with fueling issues from the factory.

Supposedly there is a nice fz1 coming up towards the end of the month, 2009 with only 8000 on the clock but its completely standard. Imagine keeping that stock exhaust! haha.... But again i think its going to be over budget.

Will just keep stalking donedeal.

Edit: Yeah I hear you about the 2006 model, its the reason im trying to avoid them if possible. Dont want to buy a bike with fueling issues from the factory.

I didnt realise at the time of buying but overall I'm happy with it! Once I get the flashed ECU sorted, I'll be happy.

Yer man gave me the standard exhaust in hand and I nearly didnt take it from him! Manky looking - like most out of the factory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Here's one for you
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/yamaha-fz1s-/252073551309?hash=item3ab0c125cd

or perhaps this one, but the mileage is a little high. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-YAMAHA-FZ1-FAZER-1000-ABS-FZ1S-LONG-MOT-FSH-HPI-CLEAR-DELIVERY-POS-CB-/111740725566?hash=item1a0444293e

Not mad about going to the UK for the bike tbh man. No free time to be going over there and then to VRT the bike. Want to buy within Ireland.

• Advertisement

Not mad about going to the UK for the bike tbh man. No free time to be going over there and then to VRT the bike. Want to buy within Ireland.

You find one and I get it for you, would love the spin home!

Vrrrooooooommmmmmm

Advertisement