Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

And how many speeding tickets would come in my door a few weeks later :eek: :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

The second save in this is just unbelievable! Id say he definitely had to pit for new leathers after that one.

Long shot but does anybody remember a race where the rider finished by crossing the finish line standing up, beside his bike, holding onto the handlebars ? Only seen i recently but cant remember here or when :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    The second save in this is just unbelievable! Id say he definitely had to pit for new leathers after that one.

Long shot but does anybody remember a race where the rider finished by crossing the finish line standing up, beside his bike, holding onto the handlebars ? Only seen i recently but cant remember here or when :/

I remember that but can't think who it was.
    Here is one of my favourite finishes to a race!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I remember that near highside in the GIF, that was Ivan Silva.
    The race where the rider was highsided and managed to cross the line beside the bike was Niki Ajo Moto3 in Assen.
    That could have ended very badly if he hadn't managed to bulldog the bike around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,355 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

GBX wrote: »
    You've asked me about parting with my FZ1 over on biker - which I aint.

A little bit rude, that, in my book :p

You might as well ask "I wouldn't mind a go on your mrs, if you're thinking of splitting up by any chance??"

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

If you dont ask you will never know! haha

Im sorted though. I have a bike in scotland. Just working on getting it back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Paddy power started a book on what bike goodlads getting next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

zubair wrote: »

Side bets on how long he'll keep the current one.

#Gottacatchthemall

I have no current one! :rolleyes:

Should know today what the story is with getting transport organised for the bike I want. Fingers crossed I can get it sorted out

Lads the difficulty im having with transport is all the companies require the bike to be paid for in advance. I don't fancy transferring some chap a load of money to his bank that he could just up and vanish with.

Waiting on Teds Trucking to get back to me. They come very well recommended and the system they use is I would bank transfer them and they pay the seller cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Lads I had an odd one the other day. After about 30 mins of riding the bike started acting up. Whilst in 2nd or 3rd gear she struggled to get up the revs. I had the throttle all the way back but she struggled to get up to speed. I don't think it's fuel related. I'm thinking some of the cylinders were not firing. Is this what happens when one of the cylinders miss fires? Or can one of you bike genisus hazard a guess of what the fault could be. It's a cb400 superfour

zubair wrote: »

I bet he has €1000 worth of mods done in the first 6 months.

Trip to Scotland early on Sunday morning.
    Seller is meeting me at the port, Wonda has kindly agreed to bring me over on the back of his bike.

Will collect the bike then go for a spin around Scotland for a few hours.
    Anyone else up for a spin?

goodlad wrote: »
    Seller is meeting me at the port, Wonda has kindly agreed to bring me over on the back of his bike.

Fair play to Wonda. Goes out of his way to help fellow bikers

A lad I know is selling a 2007 Hyosung GT650s (yellow) I have only seen pictures and there are a few marks and tyres will prob need changing. It has just under 100K on the clock. Ive read up on the poor finish and quality of plastic and paint work. I suppose what im asking is should I get rid of my 20 year old Honda with 86,000 on the clock and take a gamble with the GT650? I have a hankering for something different. Also there is little in the difference of both bike values. I know the GT650 would be harder to shift in the future but sure gos knows when that would be.

Ps do any of you know anyone who owned a 07 Gt650s in yellow. They are rare enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

A lad I know is selling a 2007 Hyosung GT650s (yellow) I have only seen pictures and there are a few marks and tyres will prob need changing. It has just under 100K on the clock. Ive read up on the poor finish and quality of plastic and paint work. I suppose what im asking is should I get rid of my 20 year old Honda with 86,000 on the clock and take a gamble with the GT650? I have a hankering for something different. Also there is little in the difference of both bike values. I know the GT650 would be harder to shift in the future but sure gos knows when that would be.

Ps do any of you know anyone who owned a 07 Gt650s in yellow. They are rare enough

100k on a Hyosung engine walk away mate you will buy better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

Can't be much more expensive for an sv650s? What the gt650 is based upon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

He'd bring you to Scotland but not back from tullow!!!

Still must be feeling bad :pac:

I suppose yiz are right. Kind of knew myself but just needed to be told. Ill hold off until next year and search for a nice VFR

I suppose yiz are right. Kind of knew myself but just needed to be told. Ill hold off until next year and search for a nice VFR

What kinda money you lookin to spend on a vfr?
    Nice one in pitlane motorcycles and one on donedeal today that's dirt cheap...

I test drive a vfr 800 recently. Wasn't for me but fairly comfortable and lovely to look at.

• Advertisement

kodak wrote: »
    He'd bring you to Scotland but not back from tullow!!!

Still must be feeling bad :pac:

Course I was, had to have my burger 1st ffs!

What kinda money you lookin to spend on a vfr?
    Nice one in pitlane motorcycles and one on donedeal today that's dirt cheap...

I test drive a vfr 800 recently. Wasn't for me but fairly comfortable and lovely to look at.

Depends Goodlad. Whatever I get for my bike and car and maybe a little loan to top it up. Budget will be about 4k. It will be next summer though. I have commuted every day on the bike for the last 5 weeks. Thats good going for me. This winter it will be a big test to see if I can finally get rid of the car and just use the bike

That one in pitlane is a beaut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

This winter it will be a big test to see if I can finally get rid of the car and just use the bike

Decent gear and knowing when not to ride will get you through it man. Using a bike to commute during the winter is possible and not as uncomfortable as a lot of people make it out to be! Careful planning also helps especially if your like me and away from any real public transport.

Dont get me wrong there is days where you will question it all! But sure days like that come by all year round.

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Decent gear and knowing when not to ride will get you through it man. Using a bike to commute during the winter is possible and not as uncomfortable as a lot of people make it out to be! Careful planning also helps especially if your like me and away from any real public transport.

Dont get me wrong there is days where you will question it all! But sure days like that come by all year round.

Yeah we are lucky that we dont get extremely harsh winters. You will have the odd morning its very very bad but the rest is fine with the right gear.

Finally got around to getting a set of decent levers for the bike, got these in a sale half price. One week delivery from UK, nice rich TITANIUM colour (not silver) and deep blue adjusters ....so gave the bike a wash and stuck them on. Bike had 4,100 MILES on it when I bought it 10 weeks ago. It now has just under 8,000!!! :eek:

[URL="[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/12221yo.jpg[/IMG]"]12221yo.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/e9u8w7.jpg[/IMG]"]e9u8w7.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/104nvrs.jpg[/IMG]"]104nvrs.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/6pyvzs.jpg[/IMG]"]6pyvzs.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/2mmcx0i.jpg[/IMG]"]2mmcx0i.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Gorgeous bike Wonda!

It's insurance renewal time, and i'm again debating whether i need Adelaide's breakdown assist. It's €45. Now i've taken it out the last 5 or 6 years but never needed it.

Has anyone ever used it? Is it a good service or one of these that will leave you waiting for hours?

What's a tow home nowadays? About €100/120? I've paid that many times over the last few years taking the breakdown assist at this stage!

DaveD wrote: »
    Gorgeous bike Wonda!

It's insurance renewal time, and i'm again debating whether i need Adelaide's breakdown assist. It's €45. Now i've taken it out the last 5 or 6 years but never needed it.

Has anyone ever used it? Is it a good service or one of these that will leave you waiting for hours?

What's a tow home nowadays? About €100/120? I've paid that many times over the last few years taking the breakdown assist at this stage!

I have used it once from Adelaide, came back from Germany with the clutch cable on its last legs. On the way up to get one fitted in Dublin cable snapped just off M50 so I was stuck!

Rang them and in fairness they were out in about 25 mins (but in middle Dublin so I expected that) Only problem I had was that when chap arrived he was told he could not bring me to cotters which was 5 mins up road he had to bring me home (hr away or some other place)

After I rang them an chewed them a new one all was good. So I say deffo get it not so much the European breakdown (unless going away) just UK and Ireland.

DaveD wrote: »
    Gorgeous bike Wonda!

How old is your bike. I don't think they do breakdown cover for 20 year old bikes. Someone suggest using the AA before for breakdown cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

How old is your bike. I don't think they do breakdown cover for 20 year old bikes. Someone suggest using the AA before for breakdown cover

It's an 08. Plus its a Honda - I'm told they don't break down :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Bit of a sharp wake-up this morning...

Sitting at a junction, top of the queue waiting to turn left. Arrow goes on for straight ahead, so I sit there waiting for the left arrow...

... Then I feel a bang and seem to be falling over. Taxi driver behind me drove into me. Looked like he was gonna drive off so I put my hands on his bonnet til he says he's gonna pull in.

Exchange details, he admits full liability, etc. Bike took about an hour to start (maybe the fuel drained when it went sideways) but got it going eventually. Main damage seems to be the left peg that was snapped off; bike fell on the right side, so taxi must have made contact there :eek:

Anyways, I'm grand, but now to see if he plays innocent/dumb... :(

Advertisement