Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Anyone used R&G heated grips before?

They are a lot cheaper than Oxford ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

goodlad wrote: »

Yeah, had them on my VFR . worked grand.. No issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sean got a set of the oxford grips last year in the NEC for 50 euro!!!! Brand new in the box the sports grip model.....bargain I tell ya. Getting a set this year when we head over.....I will get you a set Gary if you wanna wait.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sean got a set of the oxford grips last year in the NEC for 50 euro!!!! Brand new in the box the sports grip model.....bargain I tell ya. Getting a set this year when we head over.....I will get you a set Gary if you wanna wait.

That would be great man. I will hang on.

It's all all go with the fz1. Titanium vtrec levers, bagster cover delivered today.
    Screen and givi rack here tomorrow. And just dropped off a few panels to get carbon hydro dipped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

next week

WIaUn3I.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

blade1 wrote: »

works grand for bigger jobs alright, I think the minimum torque is in the 20s though. The picture is misleading, makes it look the size of a socket wrench. It's about 2 foot long and you'd batter someone with it.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    works grand for bigger jobs alright, I think the minimum torque is in the 20s though. The picture is misleading, makes it look the size of a socket wrench. It's about 2 foot long and you'd batter someone with it.

Excellent!
    For that reason alone it's worth getting!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

gctest50 wrote: »
    next week

WIaUn3I.jpg
    Where are these being sold?
    I have a M6 heicoil set but this set looks pretty handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Bike shopping time! Moved to Tenerife a few months back, just decided to stay which means I need wheels. Won't be doing big miles and don't have to worry about weather protection which means I can consider all kinds of totally impractical stuff.

Should be fun, I'll throw a pic up when I get something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Bike shopping time! Moved to Tenerife a few months back, just decided to stay which means I need wheels. Won't be doing big miles and don't have to worry about weather protection which means I can consider all kinds of totally impractical stuff.

Should be fun, I'll throw a pic up when I get something.
    I know we have a like button, but for occasions like this we need a "I hate you and I'm as jealous as f*&k button";)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭Stiletto72

I picked up a set at the NEC a few years ago and they were very good. Not as good as the old Honda grips they replaced but still worked well. The rubber on them wore away very quickly though. I mentioned it to the guy on the stand at the NEC the following year and he gave me a replacement set at a heavily discounted price.
    No problems with the second set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Got some bits Hydro Dipped Carbon on the bike.
    Really came out better than i expected.

21416045173_18f063897c_b.jpg

22047110441_58b798418b_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Looks a good finish Goodlad. Is it long lasting stuff or will it start to peel before long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Nice, who did it for you Goodlad?

Looks a good finish Goodlad. Is it long lasting stuff or will it start to peel before long?

I spoke to a few lads who done their Tanks and a few years on of daily use and its still perfect. No fading or peeling.
    Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Nice, who did it for you Goodlad?

A place around the corner from my house. This is his donedeal ad.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikeextras-for-sale/water-transfer-printing-plastic-welding-/10588536?sv=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Really came out better than i expected.

That came out brilliant. Wonder if they'd dip my entire bike?

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo

Cienciano wrote: »

haha! Ya can dip anything man. Although its expensive depending on what you want done. Ya may be best off getting the bike wrapped or sprayed then just dip the tank with something savage so it stands out.
    blade1 wrote: »
    NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo

Shhhuuurrrruuupppp! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

First puncture in 10 years this morning... :( Been lucky I guess..
    Anyway, would you risk getting a puncture repaired on a ZR17 rated rear tyre? I reckon there's still a good 6 months (couple of ks) life in it (it's attached to a VFR1200, if that helps!).

Anyway, would you risk getting a puncture repaired on a ZR17 rated rear tyre? I reckon there's still a good 6 months (couple of ks) life in it (it's attached to a VFR1200, if that helps!).

Just get a plug into it and off you go

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not quite a blast from the past, more of a muffled parp, but does anyone know was the two into one exhaust on a CB 200 a very common mod?

picture.php?albumid=2386&pictureid=15364

I found a photo of one recently on a UK for sale site and would love to think it was my old battler still going strong. I contacted the guy who runs the site, but since I didn't have a VIN, he couldn't check for sure. He couldn't remember if it had been an import from here.

I know the older photo isn't great quality and there's probably not enough visible to say either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

depends on the puncture, but if theres only a few months life left in it, I prob wouldnt bother personally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

spurious wrote: »
    Not quite a blast from the past, more of a muffled parp, but does anyone know was the two into one exhaust on a CB 200 a very common mod?

I found a photo of one recently on a UK for sale site and would love to think it was my old battler still going strong. I contacted the guy who runs the site, but since I didn't have a VIN, he couldn't check for sure. He couldn't remember if it had been an import from here.

I know the older photo isn't great quality and there's probably not enough visible to say either way.

quite different imo..?

crash bars on yours, extra bar on the front fender etc
    side reflectors on the UK one, might mean its an American import?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I know we have a like button, but for occasions like this we need a "I hate you and I'm as jealous as f*&k button";)
    Haha. Hey its not all easy, I do have to work out here. My job is bringing people scuba diving though so not sure I can complain!!

Proving difficult to find a bike, the market is small so prices are mad. Hopefully looking at a 620 Duke on Monday, not exactly what I had in mind but would do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,355 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Wossack wrote: »
    depends on the puncture, but if theres only a few months life left in it, I prob wouldnt bother personally

Well worth doing.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

what's the story with bikes listed on donedeal as being sold for parts as 'broken' but then listing that it runs and drives perfectly and with no damage? Seen a couple but this one most recently http://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-cb1-nc27-400cc-16v/10441884

is it that its not registered / written off or something?

Advertisement