Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Sometimes breaking a bike will get you more than selling it all together as a working bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Possibly no logbook.

The god damn key got stuck and just snapped in my squire lock.
    Never had any hassle with it, never rought or anything. Unlocked the lock, turned the back and it was simply stuck. Bit of wd40, let is soak for an hour and then a simy amount of pressure on the key and it snapped in the lock :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Possibly no logbook.

You mean nicked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

goodlad wrote: »
    The god damn key got stuck and just snapped in my squire lock.
    Never had any hassle with it, never rought or anything. Unlocked the lock, turned the back and it was simply stuck. Bit of wd40, let is soak for an hour and then a simy amount of pressure on the key and it snapped in the lock :mad:

Lock still on bike Gary? Angle grinder FTW

• Advertisement

Luckily it only got stuck after I took the chain off the bike.
    Gonna get the same lock again. It's last for 6 years out in all sorts of weather and my alma chain fit it perfectly

Just got a mail from Squire locks in the UK saying the lock has a 10 year guarantee and i can post it to them and they will repair or replace it after an inspection :D

Just got a mail from Squire locks in the UK saying the lock has a 10 year guarantee and i can post it to them and they will repair or replace it after an inspection :D

Be pricey posting that over to the UK.....:mad:

Yeah man most likely. But better than buying a new lock.

Yeah man most likely. But better than buying a new lock.

Might be cheaper to parcel motel it with the weight then post office jobbie in a jiffa or what not.

• Advertisement

Good jeaysus the temperature really dropped today!!!

T-shirt, jumper, thermal top, thermal liner in the jacket. Cold killers balaclava, neck warmer thingy, goretex gloves, handguards..... I was still absolutely frozen to the core. The fog was bad enough but my pinlock completely failed me too for the first time. Had to keep the visor open all the way for most of the drive.

I think the bike will be going to the shed for a few weeks if this **** keeps up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

T-shirt, jumper, thermal top, thermal liner in the jacket. Cold killers balaclava, neck warmer thingy, goretex gloves, handguards..... I was still absolutely frozen to the core. The fog was bad enough but my pinlock completely failed me too for the first time. Had to keep the visor open all the way for most of the drive.

I think the bike will be going to the shed for a few weeks if this **** keeps up.

I only had a city commute but my fingers were frozen by the time I got in.
    Think I'll be upgrading my gloves come payday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭honda boi

Tis the fun of Irish biking :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

-2 at my place this morning, mad drop alright. Took the car, took 2 hours to get from naas to town. I'll be wrapping up tomorrow it looks like, **** that noise.

Gonna take the pinlock out of my lid now and put it back in and try get a better seal on it.

Gonna take the pinlock out of my lid now and put it back in and try get a better seal on it.

I find the left side of mine fogs a bit if there's a huge temperature diff between the inside and outside of the lid. Maybe try leaving the lid somewhere cold-ish overnight.

Foggy mask FTW

i tried one but it was just crushed into my face. Wasnt comfortable at all

Le Edit: Actually, i was talking about something slightly different. That Foggy Mask looks brilliant

I have used one for ages when going to the road races at all hours in the morning in the pissing of rain when cold and it works very well. Once it is fitted correctly to the lid of course!

I will give one a go may have to move where my comms system mic is though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Opened the front door at 06:20, seen the frost on the cars so went back in and put on a scarf. Jobs oxo:) My 1hr commute was grand. Fingers were slightly chilly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

I find these a great alternative to the pinlock.
    http://www.raleri.com/shop/catalog/index.php?cPath=58&osCsid=c6361b139be9d6d5a9e28e427f6f4bef

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Looks like tomorrow will be cold start, not as bad though. But more importantly, dry all day!

Looked out the windows and seen ice on some car windows.
    When i see Ice the bike stays at home. Nice boring drive to work in the car today for me :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Looked out the windows and seen ice on some car windows.
    When i see Ice the bike stays at home. Nice boring drive to work in the car today for me :o

Don't think there is any ice formed. It's more grass frost territory at the moment. I'm leaving the house at 0630 and grip on the road is fine.

Was deffo ice. Sure i had to pour warm water over the car windscreen to melt it. Wasnt all that thick though. Still cant be arsed using the bike for a 20 minute drive when its freezing out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Was deffo ice. Sure i had to pour warm water over the car windscreen to melt it. Wasnt all that thick though. Still cant be arsed using the bike for a 20 minute drive when its freezing out!
    A nice 20 minute drive in the cold is great, wakes you up

3 kids jumping on me at 7am wakes me up. The cold can fúck right off :P

20 mins is not too bad. I nearly had a ****ing rage haemorrhage the other morning sitting in traffic I'd have breezed past on the bike in 5 seconds for 90 minutes + each way. First car commute since august and forgot how annoying it is.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah if my commute was like your i would be on the bike no matter how cold it was. I used to commute to Sandyford industrian estate every day in all weathers.

But going from Kilcullen to Athy every day the bike can save me maybe 5 minutes.

Advertisement