Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

C9xBDnV.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

This Commute in the dark is really bringing out the sleep ****ers not seeing the bike so want to get some bullet lights onto the bike.

Wouldnt be putting big spot lights onto the, deffo just small bullet ones.

Looking at these

http://www.bikevis.com/bikevis-bullet-motorcycle-running-lights-v2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

goodlad wrote: »
    This Commute in the dark is really bringing out the sleep ****ers not seeing the bike so want to get some bullet lights onto the bike.

Wouldnt be putting big spot lights onto the, deffo just small bullet ones.

Looking at these

http://www.bikevis.com/bikevis-bullet-motorcycle-running-lights-v2

Ive spent the last 3 weeks looking into these things. From cheap china ones to €100> leds. If they are to increase the possibility of a car driver seeing you then I think the small bullet ones are fine. Dont think they would do much to increase your visibility though. The V3 are not too expensive and I would prob side with these myself.

With the style of bike I wouldn't b3 going for massive led ones. I had the givi s320 on the strom and they are incredible but they crash bar mount.

Deffo just looking for some bullet ones to make me more visible.
    The reg plate light on the fz1 is bonkers. The lad who used to own it has 2 really night led bulbs in. Gonna whip them out and put 2 red bullet ones mount to the givi rack arms.

I'm told the plate light can be kinda blinding.... no idea wtf the chap was thinking.

22188945663_1d2e9e7958_b.jpg

22821286821_55525d389d_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I'd love to upgrade the lights on my Super Four but haven't a clue what's possible or where to even start. Any tips would be great, lads!

• Advertisement

Just do a bulb upgrade to start man. Get something like an Osram Nightbreaker Plus.

I picked up the newer version of the Knox Aegis Back Protector today.
    Really is a world apart from the first one in comfort. An the first one was very comfortable anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Really is a world apart from the first one in comfort. An the first one was very comfortable anyway.

Is it the METASYSTEM one Gary? Looking to get that at the NEC.....

I had looked at that one man bur it just doesn't look as flexible as the aegis.
    I had the old aegis for the last few years, same one you use. The new version is very much the same, but just padded more on the inside and the straps are better quality. Just overall is better quality, fits better and more comfortable than the old version.

Didn't bother getting a new chest protector as that wasn't upgrade and fits straight into the current version no hassle. I was also sized up arse ways for the old one if ya remember. I had a 6 plate when I should of had and 8.

This is the old VS new
    The old was WAY too small for me.

22806441976_133b2e6a51_c.jpg
    22414115978_b8a434cc2d_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Is it this one goodlad?
    link

Looks like the shoulder straps are more rigid and thinner? I have the older version but I like the idea. I suppose the thinking behind the Velcro waist band is that you won't be cutting the stomach off yerself with a buckle as you land belly first. Still though, its a back protector and as such I'd feel more secure with a buckle or plastic snap in enclosure.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's the one.
    One change i noticed straight away because the big fat cake belly on me was the velcro strap across is much longer. I tended to wear the old one under my belly. Almost holding my belly up... haha

Ive adjusted the new one so its sitting in the correct place and it closes comfortably across my belly. I never found the velcro felt secure until i also had the shoulder straps adjusted properly. The whole thing just hugs tight to me now and its really comfortable. It deffo stays in place better and feels more secure with the chest protector in too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

^^^
    I think they've re just marketed the old XXXL back-protector ? :)

I prefer to think of it as "Adjustable" instead of xxxl :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Anybody know this bike?

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-blackbird-cbr1100xx/10757828

Looks mint but a bit pricey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

kodak wrote: »
    Anybody know this bike?

Don't know the Bike but that's Crazy money!

Looks like he picked a price for his bike then inflated it because if the extras. All those extras just help a bike sell, they shouldn't drive up the price. He is easily 1000 euro over priced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

He's going by UK & Sterling prices. An 04 in the UK is probably around £4k which is around €5600. He added on the extras and came up with a phone number. Although Birds have a tight following here, it's small and they don't get the prices that the UK do. The main difference between here and the UK is they have to MOT their bikes so the standard is usually better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

kodak wrote: »
    Anybody know this bike?

blade1 wrote: »
    Don't know the Bike but that's Crazy money!
    Priced to haggle maybe?

A price to haggle should at least be in the ballpark range.
    That's not priced to haggle. That's priced so high that a reasonable offer for the bike will be so far from the asking price that you would expect the seller to hang up on you.

I got 4500 for my 04 bird. With the mileage on this one 5k would be right in my opinion.

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Priced to haggle maybe?

I don't think so anyway.
    You'd get it for less than that off a dealer with a guarantee.
    5000 would be priced to haggle.
    Around 4000 for the bike with no extras.
    And 500 on top of that with the extras

As goodlad said he's not going to get his money back for the extras.
    He might be better off selling them separately but that's extra hassle.

• Advertisement

Poxy morning for the bike, any poor bastards commute in that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Cienciano wrote: »

I did, the first five minutes were brutal with wind but it wasn't do bad after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

I did, the first five minutes were brutal with wind but it wasn't do bad after that.

Yep. Twas a bit nasty in spots but I kept telling meself I survived worse and got on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I will in an hours time and again at midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Yep, 40km in ****ty rain, and later slightly less ****ty rain. First properly ****e morning in a good while tbh. Only minor leakage because I forgot to wear a buff, it was warm enough at 12C for much of it.

****ty morning, but I'll take an hour in that on the bike rather than the at least 2 the car would have taken.

Not a hope. Looked out the window and just took the car.
    Was a grand drive in with the heat on, steering with my elbows with a coffee in one hand and a jambon in the other. Swerved into the other lane a few times when taking a sip of the coffee but it's to be expected when trying to take a corner with the elbows on the wheel.

Not a hope. Looked out the window and just took the car.
    Was a grand drive in with the heat on, steering with my elbows with a coffee in one hand and a jambon in the other. Swerved into the other lane a few times when taking a sip of the coffee but it's to be expected when trying to take a corner with the elbows on the wheel.

Amateur!!!
    God gave us knees to steer with when having coffee and jambons!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Discovered a couple of weak spots in my waterproof gear this morning. Pity, means I have to buy shiny new stuff in Birmingham now. :p

Snow and ice is obviously the worst, but after that wind is next. I hate driving in really high winds. When a strong gust gets you and pushes you across a road :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

zubair wrote: »
    Discovered a couple of weak spots in my waterproof gear this morning. Pity, means I have to buy shiny new stuff in Birmingham now. :p

YOU STILL GOING FFS!!

:rolleyes:

Advertisement