Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Been really back and forth about going over to the bike show. But really dont need any gear so not sure im arsed going over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭honda boi

50 miles each way today.
    Poxy weather but made me feel better when I got to filter all the way along the m4 and n4. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

honda boi wrote: »
    50 miles each way today.
    Poxy weather but made me feel better when I got to filter all the way along the m4 and n4. :D

Exact same for me, taking the centre lane from leixlip to the m50, easily cut an hour off the car commute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Thought I'd seen it all.... Filtering on the N7 this morning, which was at a stand still, a passenger got out of a car in the middle of the fast lane right in front of me. Obviously unimpressed I ensured this was communicated to them but they proceeded to tell me that what I was doing was dangerous...because walking down the fast lane of a 3 lane carriage way isn't?!

Expect the unexpected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Ya should of bounced an Avacado off their head :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

zubair wrote: »
    Thought I'd seen it all.... Filtering on the N7 this morning, which was at a stand still, a passenger got out of a car in the middle of the fast lane right in front of me. Obviously unimpressed I ensured this was communicated to them but they proceeded to tell me that what I was doing was dangerous...because walking down the fast lane of a 3 lane carriage way isn't?!

Expect the unexpected.

Obviously did not "Communicate" this effectively J....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I'm not a biker or regular here, but I saw this today and felt like sharing. Although you can't see it particularly well, I like the way the driveshaft casing is integrated in the swingarm. Also liked the knee rests on the rocker covers. All in all, it looked out of the ordinary and pretty.

moto_guzi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31 poshea69

looks clean , i like,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I've seen that Guzzi a couple of times, its usually parked in the same spot in Dublin city centre. Lovely looking bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Christmas came early this year!!

AC41D7A9-D758-4807-BF4A-6542884059B3_zpst2wo0kfj.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

^^^
    Niiiiice!!! Did you have to pay extra for the shaded visor?

^^^
    Niiiiice!!! Did you have to pay extra for the shaded visor?

That's actually a clear Visor.
    Ordered a dark tint one.
    It's my third Arai but my first RX7 GP.
    It's a lot tougher than the others to get on:pac:

It's a 2015 model so as we are coming to the end of the year there was 40% off.

I got my arai in crossans with a 20% discount and a free (from arai, they sent it out, not crossans) external flip down shaded visor, which worked out at about €500, which wasn't bad. Where did you get yours? 40% off is massive

I got my arai in crossans with a 20% discount and a free (from arai, they sent it out, not crossans) external flip down shaded visor, which worked out at about €500, which wasn't bad. Where did you get yours? 40% off is massive

sportsbikeshop.co.uk

It was the cheapest I could find anywhere.
    Normally helmet city are very hard to beat.

The price of the helmet first day is €990.
    It's was reduced to €565 and free delivery but with cross borders fees it worked out at €588.

It was 6 something on helmet city and I think they charge 15 for postage.

Everywhere had it on sale including Crossans but I think they had a rrp price on it of €997 and had a 29% discount on it which made it €711.

When you say shade do you mean the pro shade?

Yep, thats the one, retails at about a ton, Its okay, but not really worth the cash.

I bet I get one cheaper in the NEC.....lol

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I bet I get one cheaper in the NEC.....lol

That did cross my mind.
    I'm going to Liverpool for the weekend on the 28th of November.
    I'm thinking I might head down to Birmingham on the Monday as I have that Monday and Tuesday off work.
    It will all depend all what condition I'm in on that morning.

BTW how much is it to bring a helmet back on the plane?

If you express concerns for safety and wear it on the flight its free. (I'd say)

blade1 wrote: »
    That did cross my mind.
    I'm going to Liverpool for the weekend on the 28th of November.
    I'm thinking I might head down to Birmingham on the Monday as I have that Monday and Tuesday off work.
    It will all depend all what condition I'm in on that morning.

BTW how much is it to bring a helmet back on the plane?

We brought a helmet on last year as carry on nothing said at all, in helmet bag no probs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Brought my helmet over to UK as hand luggage when I flew over to collect the bike. It fits in the overhead locker, just. I spoke to customer service at Ryanair first, to make sure it wasn't a problem and they told me it would be fine and if by chance it didn't fit, that the cabin crew would mind it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Flown all over the world with helmets, never an issue.

So funny last year lads coming home with both leathers and textile jackets on....they were like the Mitchelin man ffs. Wear really old tatty runners and ditch them and wear boots back and the like.

Never a prob with a helmet and I going over 4 yrs now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

-2 leaving the house this morning. Went straight onto the motorway. Better chance of been gritted. Heated grips worked a treat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Some amount of muppets on the M50 today.

People indicating left but pulling out into fast lane/overtaking and allmost causing carnage.
    Muppets just pulling accross lanes with no indicators at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭Stiletto72

Some amount of muppets on the M50 today.

People indicating left but pulling out into fast lane/overtaking and allmost causing carnage.
    Muppets just pulling accross lanes with no indicators at all.

My daily commute includes 70km on the M50 and it has really gotten to a dangerous state with the level of driving I'm seeing. It used to be the case that I would see one crash or incident a week. Now it's a daily occurance. Luckily I can work from home every now and then so I;m trying to do 1 or 2 days per week from home just to avoid it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Volume has gone through the roof in the last year or so on the m50 and other commuter routes - so there's lots of impatient people dipping in and out between lanes trying to gain that extra one or two seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Stiletto72 wrote: »
    My daily commute includes 70km on the M50 and it has really gotten to a dangerous state with the level of driving I'm seeing. It used to be the case that I would see one crash or incident a week. Now it's a daily occurance. Luckily I can work from home every now and then so I;m trying to do 1 or 2 days per week from home just to avoid it.

I dont envy you doing 70kms each day on the M50,especialy when the weather is crap and you have lunatic drivers to contend with aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

M50 is poxy lately. The police pulling someone in can cause massive tailbacks purely because of rubber neckers.

Tinted visor arrived today.
    4D38EB6D-ACC1-4AB8-9886-BA7544E43856_zpsztp5ktjd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I went and bought a Shoei Qwest. Looking forward to testing it in the morning. I will eventually want to mount my camera. Due to an irregular shaped helmet the Sony adhesive mount does not mount flush. Im sure a fix is to use a 3M double sided tape to give extra center material to allow a better flusher fit. What im not sure is how well 3M tape will stick to the sont adhesive pad? Or to put it another way will mounting 3M tape to 3M tape be as strong as 3M to plastic?

P.s This will be my first time to use a pinlock. Lets hope it lives up to all the hype. I was also surprised to read that it shouldnt be used during darkness?? first I heard of this

Advertisement