Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Oh thats top secret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

goodlad wrote: »
    Oh thats top secret

Not really man, its workoutable and begins with an L, :confused::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Not really man, its workoutable and begins with an L, :confused::D

It sure doesnt :P
    unless your calling him by a Surname .... the mystery continues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

As for Mr Sheen......:pac:

Even I know that and I've never met any of ye!!!:pac:
    Wonda, did you find my Arai for cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

It sure doesnt :P
    unless your calling him by a Surname .... the mystery continues!

Haven't heard hide nor tail from Lepla in a while though :) Perhaps I've gt it wrong? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

No bike period is over! Hopefully be back on the sunday spins soon!

Picked up a nice vfr 800... Zubair any mods done on yours? Any recommendations?

I have ordered foot peg lowering blocks....

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mecanno37

Please explain Collie, they let you drive around the streets of Birmingham? that would lead to a few lads acting the bóllix, did you have to transfer insurance etc?

Insurance was covered by the organisers, third party, Riders were taken out in small parties of around six and led by a guide around the nec and locale. I was there the same day, nice day for a ride out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Erm..... Zascar = Collie, Zubair = Jamie (avacado boy)

Avacado boy is now officially sandwich boy for reasons best kept secret. What's happens in Birmingham stays in Birmingham! Until I see you in person Goodlad.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

blade1 wrote: »
    Even I know that and I've never met any of ye!!!:pac:
    Wonda, did you find my Arai for cheap!

I did it was cheaper but not by much, best bargain on a lid was a carbon rpha 10 for less then 250 sterling!!!! Sooooooo tempted but I have 4 lids so pure waste of dosh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I did it was cheaper but not by much, best bargain on a lid was a carbon rpha 10 for less then 250 sterling!!!! Sooooooo tempted but I have 4 lids so pure waste of dosh

I woke up in Liverpool on Monday and was shook after a weekend on the lash.
    Checked price of flight home for Monday night and it was around €200.
    Then there was reports of possible flight cancellations from Birmingham.
    So I said too much hassle this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

kodak wrote: »
    No bike period is over! Hopefully be back on the sunday spins soon!

Picked up a nice vfr 800... Zubair any mods done on yours? Any recommendations?

I have ordered foot peg lowering blocks....

Grats on the new bike, well wear! Where are the pics?

Mine came with some mods already, all of which I probably would have added myself at some stage. Touring screen, heated grips, micron exhaust + PCIII, Scottoiler. I added a Givi rack & top box but the PR4s are the best mod on it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Will need to give it a good clean before pics, got filthy the other day...
    Yeah the tyres are pretty decent , back is a little squared but I'd like to stick some pr4's on it. Got a new battery for it just in case and a givi box.
    Hopefully the weather will pick up, want to get used to it in the dry. Will get some pics up soon.

It's an 07 model. The power delivery seems decent, it's a bit rough low down but was reading up on the pair and flapper mod, further reading and testing to be done! Really haven't done enough miles yet on it

Oh ye, I added a gel battery too.

07, lovely. I look forward to seeing pics, what colour did you get?

Its a smashing bike, I'm glad I got it. Low down is only ok though that was quite a change coming from the sv, especially in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,357 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That wind is the worst I've been in in years or maybe ever, going through Red Cow junction to Naas Rd was pretty terrifying

Also a tree down in the left lane at the end of the Long Mile Rd outbound.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Tonight and tomorrow morning is to be a shocker,red weather warning issued for very heavy rainfall and strong winds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I'll be heading home at midnight in it. Slow and steady wins the race

Worst winds i've ever experienced and there were some very bad storms this year and last year.

Make sure to tuck in Dick! :-)

I'll be heading home at midnight in it. Slow and steady wins the race

20mph didn't feel slow enough.

1000cc, 350kg+ between bike and rider and it felt like the head on gusts could stop me dead.

The sideways gusts when trying to turn into the wind on an exposed elevated junction with no shelter between here and the Atlantic... not something I want to do again. The Atlantic is 200km away.

Scrap the cap!

I didn't let it slow me down though :-P

2 schools of thought on this.

1. Slow speed gives you more grip in reserve and more time to correct any deviation from your course.

2. High speed means lots of straight-line drag and lessens the relative effect of crosswind, and more gyroscopic stability (although studies have shown that the gyroscopic effect on motorcycle dynamics is grossly overstated)

Not sure I like either. 1. means big but correctable wobbles. 2. means you should go where you're pointed, but if a really big gust hits you and blows you near the edge of your lane you may have no time to react. And you have to slow down sometime, and dual carriageway / motorway junctions are usually very exposed and can mean trying to make tight slow turns into the wind.

:(

NRA should take note of wind hazard and plant fast growing trees / erect fences at critical points. But they don't bother, even in obvious locations exposed to high prevailing crosswinds. The southern cross part of the M50 is horrible in a strong crosswind, felt like I was barely hanging on one bad morning last year when I had to go to Sandyford in a very strong northerly wind. Took the long slow route that evening through the city to get home!

Had bad experiences with wind in the past in NE France too, miles and miles of flat open country with no shelter at all. This was in early summer! Not gusty just a constant strong wind. I repacked my saddle bags to put all the heavier stuff on the windy side and it helped a lot.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Slow speed means I'm not bricking meself and tensing up also. Came home the N4 at around 3pm and it was already pretty bad. I don't mind regular wind, but this was just whippy gusty dangerous ****. Ride safe everyone.

ok so that was fun. I just took it handy. It added roughly 20 minutes to my commute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Have no idea why, but after just cleaning & lubing the chain, getting a new saddle and giving the bike a whopper clean over the weekend, she felt BEAUTIFUL to drive this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Have no idea why, but after just cleaning & lubing the chain, getting a new saddle and giving the bike a whopper clean over the weekend, she felt BEAUTIFUL to drive this morning.

All ways the case :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

lubing the chain is like +10% backwheel hp..! better gear changes too

cheapest performance mod :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Wossack wrote: »
    lubing the chain is like +10% backwheel hp..! better gear changes too

cheapest performance mod :p

Allways lube my chain when its hot/warm right after a spin.
    Lube soaks intio the chain better than when its cold.;)

Pique wrote: »

Hickman is a class act.
    He seems to be a great all rounder on a bike.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

saw this sexy stealthy carboned Hyabusa in ashbourne today :D
    wish it was mine but im still a bloody learner lol
    WP_20151211_13_51_16_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151211_13_51_00_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151211_13_51_06_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151211_13_50_49_Pro.jpg

• Advertisement

I have ordered lowering links for the bike. Ill have to shorten the side stand by 15 -20 mm. Can anyone recommend somebody in the midlands or Dublin that would do a good strong job on the side stand. Its not something you can take a chance with.

My first approach is to keep an eye on ebay for a second hand version from the ''S'' version of my bike as this is shorter and will fit my ''X'' version. Failing this ill have to have someone cut and weld the original.

Advertisement