Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

I have ordered lowering links for the bike. Ill have to shorten the side stand by 15 -20 mm. Can anyone recommend somebody in the midlands or Dublin that would do a good strong job on the side stand. Its not something you can take a chance with.

My first approach is to keep an eye on ebay for a second hand version from the ''S'' version of my bike as this is shorter and will fit my ''X'' version. Failing this ill have to have someone cut and weld the original.

Russell Matal Fabrication in The Ward,Ashbourne Road did top notch fabrication work for me on the 996 and the R1.
    Same day turnaround too and good prices too.Couple of the lads who work there are bikers too,so they do extra good work.:)

http://www.russellmetal.com/index.html

20151002_112519_zpsvmwmyknt.jpg

20151002_152706_zpsqk8k0eqc.jpg

Theres also Moto Engineering down in Clontarf.

Good shop and big into motorbikes too.

http://www.motoengineering.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Theres also Moto Engineering down in Clontarf.

Good shop and big into motorbikes too.

http://www.motoengineering.com/

Thanks stewy. They seem to be exactly what I need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I have ordered lowering links for the bike. Ill have to shorten the side stand by 15 -20 mm. Can anyone recommend somebody in the midlands or Dublin that would do a good strong job on the side stand. Its not something you can take a chance with.

My first approach is to keep an eye on ebay for a second hand version from the ''S'' version of my bike as this is shorter and will fit my ''X'' version. Failing this ill have to have someone cut and weld the original.

Don't know how I got this in my head but I think for every inch you lower the back shock,you should shorten the front forks 5mm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

blade1 wrote: »
    Don't know how I got this in my head but I think for every inch you lower the back shock,you should shorten the front forks 5mm.

From what I read its a ratio of 3:1 I ordered 40mm links. So about 13mm on the forks. It will be trial an error. Most that made this modification say they are 100% with the outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Joe stick on the lowering bones and just ride it. If it feels okay they leave it as is, its not like you are gonna be giving it socks around twisties and that. Might affect tyre wear all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭millingmachine

From what I read its a ratio of 3:1 I ordered 40mm links. So about 13mm on the forks. It will be trial an error.
    That's about right with the ratio. It'll slow down your steering a bit as well, just keep that in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Had my first proper skid this morning. Crossing the Liffey and braked a little too quick. Felt the bike kick out to the left and right before I stopped her.

I'd say there's a quare skidmark inside my jocks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Had my first proper skid this morning. Crossing the Liffey and braked a little too quick. Felt the bike kick out to the left and right before I stopped her.

I'd say there's a quare skidmark inside my jocks!

Roads are poxy greasy at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Cienciano wrote: »
    Roads are poxy greasy at the moment.

'cept where this girl is,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I know most people here check reddit, but for the benefits of those who don't, here's how easy it can be to lose it on some ice:

https://gfycat.com/SardonicMajesticAustralianshelduck

Diesel on the roads can be almost as bad. Was in a car before and decide to see for myself, wheel spins everywhere and back swinging out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Only for it be returned by one of the workers in Tescoes Clearwater, I tried giving her a 50 but she was having none of it, There are some good people out there dudes, I'll give her a voucher or something in the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭Stiletto72

Only for it be returned by one of the workers in Tescoes Clearwater, I tried giving her a 50 but she was having none of it, There are some good people out there dudes, I'll give her a voucher or something in the new year.

Good result and nice to see there a few decent people out there still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

That was cool of her.

I seen another random act of kindness this morning.

In Raheny village with my daughter and seen an elderly lady hold onto some railings. We were about to ask if he was ok when another kind lady asked her the same.

Turned out she couldn't walk against the wind, so the other lady lent her an arm and walked off arm in arm. I thought it was lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Upgraded the pads today lovely seized guide rails were a joy to remove....

Blow torch! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Lads, ive been advised to run a fuel injection cleaner solution through my bike to help disperse the water thats mixed in with the fuel and clean out any ****e that could be in the injectors also.

Anyone used this stuff before and can recommend one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

goodlad wrote: »
    Lads, ive been advised to run a fuel injection cleaner solution through my bike to help disperse the water thats mixed in with the fuel and clean out any ****e that could be in the injectors also.

http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=116&pcid=13

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Product.do?method=view&n=5034&p=38414&d=124&c=4&l=2&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Fuel%20Additives&gclid=CMvy_p-xnMoCFYMewwod2CYCdA

Picked up on in halfords. Spoke to 3 people with bikes who used it no bother.

http://www.halfords.ie/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/fuel-oil-additives/redex-petrol-injector-cleaner-500ml

Picked up on in halfords. Spoke to 3 people with bikes who used it no bother.

http://www.halfords.ie/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/fuel-oil-additives/redex-petrol-injector-cleaner-500ml

Is that people who are genuine bikers and know what they are talking about?

OR

Is that 3 lads from Halfords who just said that to get you to buy it?

;)

I used that Irish made injector cleaner on my diesel cage for its NCT last year and 2 injectors started to leak after I used the stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,357 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Too late now, but I've had good results with STP fuel injector cleaner, in the silver bottle.

NB do NOT put it all into the tank! Only on the very largest cars can the whole bottle be used at once, no bike could take that.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

Was oroginally looking at that but its not available online with halfords and out of stock locally so went with the other one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

DaveD wrote: »

Not at all what I was expecting from the description you gave......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

But you clicked on it all the same you DURTY BIRD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Sorry for getting your hopes up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭carl456

Water and petrol don't mix though, if there is water it'll be sitting at the bottom. The cleaner solution mixes with petrol obviously which would suggest it wont mix with the water. You'd be better off draining the tank completely and filling with fresh petrol.

DaveD wrote: »
    Sorry for getting your hopes up :D

That's not all he got up :pac:

Correct! I also got up on your missus :cool:

Correct! I also got up on your missus :cool:

I was wondering where she went for those 2 minutes yesterday:eek:

• Advertisement

She did well getting 2 minutes outa me tbh man! My own wife only gets an enthusiastic 1. But sure first impressions n all that.....

Advertisement