Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming football off my laptop

Options
  • 23-02-2014 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi just a quick question I'm streaming a football match off my laptop and then playing it on my tv via HDMI. The problem is the quality is not the best but fairly watchable all the same. I've upc broadband which is fast so that's not the problem. Is there any software I can download to improve the quality??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

martineire wrote: »
    Hi just a quick question I'm streaming a football match off my laptop and then playing it on my tv via HDMI. The problem is the quality is not the best but fairly watchable all the same. I've upc broadband which is fast so that's not the problem. Is there any software I can download to improve the quality??

The quality is only as good as the source stream, so unless you can find higher quality ones your stuck. Maybe try different players, VLC has loads of options which may help improve video rendering/buffering.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

if you have good fast broadband use Acestream player and Links might not convert to tv good as is it uses hd streams.

if using flash look out for the better high quality streams

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Just wondering if there is any good paid streaming sites for football?
    Don't mind throwing a few euro for stable HD streams.

u can get decent ones for free

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Just wondering if there is any good paid streaming sites for football?
    Don't mind throwing a few euro for stable HD streams.

Get an android box and install XBMC. You'll have the world of streams!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mod: Just a reminder folks linking to potentially "dodgy" or illegal streaming sites is not ok :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JJ10

I'm a bit green on streaming. the best I manage is a game on my laptop. can anyone give me some additional ideas of how to go about it? or maybe a few sites that are quality and safe from spam?
    cheers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Discussion of legal websites only please. Discussion about streaming premium sports TV illegally is not allowed here.

JJ10 wrote: »
    I'm a bit green on streaming. the best I manage is a game on my laptop. can anyone give me some additional ideas of how to go about it? or maybe a few sites that are quality and safe from spam?
    cheers

install addblock it stops all the pop ups

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

JJ10 wrote: »
    cheers

Honeypot? XBMC has already been mentioned here, I suggest you research it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement