Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ard Rí Community NS

Options
  • 23-02-2014 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Our oldest boy has been accepted at two schools in Navan. St Stephen's, Johnstown and Ard Rí at the Navan Rugby club. I know St Stephen's have a brand new building but I just feel it is enormous. Scoil Ard Rí is all prefabs at the moment but I got a great feeling when I visited there before Christmas. It has a country school feel. Any opinions? We have to decide soon. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mr jack

hayforsale wrote: »
    Our oldest boy has been accepted at two schools in Navan. St Stephen's, Johnstown and Ard Rí at the Navan Rugby club. I know St Stephen's have a brand new building but I just feel it is enormous. Scoil Ard Rí is all prefabs at the moment but I got a great feeling when I visited there before Christmas. It has a country school feel. Any opinions? We have to decide soon. :confused:

I replied to this in another thread but just in case you didn't see it.

Well I suppose it comes down to your own circumstances, like where you live etc. but all of that stuff being equal it would have to be Ard Ri. I'm prob slightly biased as my kids go there but they love it and I couldn't say a bad word.

New principal there is trying (and getting) a really good commuity spirit at the school which I don't think St. Stephens could match. The level of one to one engagement from teacher to pupil/parent is actively encouraged as well. We attended a bed time story telling thing in the school a few weeks a go and it was brilliant for the kids, and the parents, I really enjoyed it anyway.

Hope that helps

Advertisement