Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redoing a bathroom

Options
  • 23-02-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just wondered - I have a smallish bathroom - about 82 x 74 inches or 6 x 6 1/2 feet. The tiles are all old and battered and some of them broken. Anyone know roughly what it'd cost to get them removed and replaced? I know the tile cost would have an impact but we wouldn't be looking for anything pricey, just something cheap and cheerful to do the job.

Oh and if anyone knows roughly the cost of a new bathtub too, that'd be super helpful :)

Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Would also be interested to know the average price per sq ft for renovating a bathroom based on an above average spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

Keep an eye out for special offers in any large hardwares. Most of the time they do complete bathroom packages inc toilet sink and bath for 400-500 euro. Tiling roughly 20 per sqm for tile and adhesive. Labour costs vary from 10-15 per sqm depending on area and tiles.
    Easiest way for diy is to take plasterboard of the wall with the tiles. If you were to contract a company to do it you could pay 2500-3200. Again all these prices are ballpark! pm me if you need more details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Just to give an update on this. Have priced around and have found varying degrees of quotes when it comes to the Labour. I'd like to go for good quality materials and that's easier to shop for as you can compare and contrast online etc but in terms of the labour, the quotes differ to such a degree it's not possible to guage how the job is being priced.

Advertisement