Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used a builder lately?

• 23-02-2014 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,
    I'm looking for recommendations :)
    I am planning a little job that will involve closing up a doorway and opening up a double door sized opening in a load bearing wall between my kitchen and sitting room.
    I will need an RSJ installed and certified, and overall a good job done.
    Who have ye fine Boardsies used lately for similar work?
    Who would ye recommend?

TIA folks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Brian I'll come back to ya with a list of good builders tomorrow. Pricing work for a few of them at the moment. There's one out the road from ya that I would stay away from incase his name comes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Dude I'm just going to submit plans to you from now on and have you manage the tender process for a percentage ;)
    Should just PM ya 1st from now on! Haha
    Thanks buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 j0vi

cronin_j wrote: »
    Brian I'll come back to ya with a list of good builders tomorrow. Pricing work for a few of them at the moment. There's one out the road from ya that I would stay away from incase his name comes up.

Hi Cronin,

Would you know a good builder Dublin North area looking for something like the other poster. I think your based in Limerick. If you don't know anybody around Dublin no problem. Getting quoted ridicules prices at the moment.

TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Hi Cronin, you might send me on recommendations for guys to do pricing/ quote in Limerick too if you are in the business.
    Mine is for an extension
    Appreciate it :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

j0vi wrote: »
    Hi Cronin,

Would you know a good builder Dublin North area looking for something like the other poster. I think your based in Limerick. If you don't know anybody around Dublin no problem. Getting quoted ridicules prices at the moment.

TIA

Unfortunately I don't know any well enough to recommend to you. Maybe head over to the construction and planning forum and ask there, there is a section to ask for builders.
    Hi Cronin, you might send me on recommendations for guys to do pricing/ quote in Limerick too if you are in the business.
    Mine is for an extension
    Appreciate it :-)

PM on the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 clamper

can you pm me as well.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Entonces

can i get in on that recommendation action too please. just got spec today for extension/renovation.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 buc123

Could you pm me as well. Thanks

Advertisement