Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night out in Kildare

Options
  • 23-02-2014 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm planning a hen for a Saturday night in April in Kildare.
    • group of about 10 people
    • we're in our late 20's to early 30's
    • staying in Naas, but would be fine with travelling bit.

Any recommendations for the evening; which town to go to and which restaurant, pub, nightclub?

Do any of the restaurants do an early bird menu on a Saturday night?

regarding pubs/nightclub & music, 80's and 90's music and cheesy music is welcome!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

If you want to stay in Naas, i'd recommend here http://www.lasradatapas.ie followed by a drink or two in McCormack's, and then into http://naascourthotel.com before it gets too busy.

If you prefer a younger, more full on nightclub, Time in The Osprey hotel is the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Il Fico for dinner and The Court for late night partying/Dancing!

Saving the date :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Is it still 15 quid into the court?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Def the court is the place to go for a late bar. The re opened ivy across the road from the court is a nice spot for beforehand or graces is a good disco bar and will always have a good crowd in it. If I was heading out I'd hit graces then the court. Good spots to note too are haydens and lawlors hotel.
    Have heard nothing but good things about trax restaurant also for cheap eats tenors is meant to be great, mind I was there once and it wasn't great but anytime I've heard from someone that have been, they said it was lovely might of just got a bad evening. If your into Chinese, fate is a lovely place really good food.

Edit: regarding cheesy music mantra in maynooth (bout a 20 minute taxi ride) has a really good disco bar plays a mix of cheesy new and old music good spot too. Has a upstairs with dance music also has a fantastic smoking area and cocktail bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Is it still 15 quid into the court?

Yeah still 15, free before 11, well half 10 cause if you get there around 10 45 it's hard to get in before 11. Heard it was 30 late on Stephens night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Civil_twin

Thanks for all the replies!

Do you have to pay into the other nightclubs mentioned (time, mantra) and if so how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Civil_twin wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies!

Do you have to pay into the other nightclubs mentioned (time, mantra) and if so how much?

Avoid time like the plaque the place is full of kids off there heads, the court defiantly the place to go if you email them they do good party packages that are start at €10 per person and include a few free cocktails and a reserved area.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Mantra in maynooth is a good spot,you can reserve area too,lots of good restaurants in maynooth too,the avenue is really nice,plenty of good pubs there too,Bradys has a disco bar upstairs,no charge. Mantra after 12 is €5 in to the actual pub and i think the night club upstairs is €10 or even €15 which is robbery,i think the pub downstairs is good enough without the night club,the beer garden always has a great band and the music in the pub with a dance floor is always pretty decent.

Advertisement