Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting cupcake to rise???

Options
  • 23-02-2014 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi
    Can someone help me out. I want them to rise like high cone shape When I make cupcake I use self raising flour I usually bake at 180 degrees for approx 15 min, they are always round flat shape on top.
    Is there a trick of baking at low temp for longer time or high temp for short time
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Why do you want them to rise in cone shapes? Most people aim for rounded domes and don't want the cone shapes. If you bake them in a hotter oven they rise faster and into more of a peak. An even bake on a slightly lower heat than that is usually preferable, unless you want them pointy for a specific reason...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nujbvi0pwref8c

See I'm baking with my children and they dip them in sprinkles and it's easier and less messy if they are peaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

You could try adding a little more baking powder, There might not be enough in your self-raising flour.

I wouldn't mess with the temp too much. A lower temp def wont help them rise, a higher temp might make a bit of a difference but you risk them browning too much on top before they are cooked through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

Different recipe, try this

4 ozs castor sugar
    4 ozs very very soft butter or stork or flora
    2 eggs
    8 ozs self raising flour

about 2 half egg shells of milk

Put the lot into a bowl and beat well, add more milk if you need to. Bake in preheated oven 180/190ish fan or 200 in ordinary. Fill the paper cases 3/4 full or so.

Should definitely rise into peaks, not what most people want but I see your reasoning :)

Advertisement