Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bundoran/Donegal Town - Things to Do

Options
  • 23-02-2014 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

I'm having my stag in Bundoran early April and want to plan a thing or 2 for the lads. Can anyone suggest a few things to do apart from the high stool? :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Is it too obvious to say go surfing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

Is it too obvious to say go surfing?

Obvious but not too obvious. :D

I don't think we'd be up for it to be honest - a bit cold! Thinking of taking the Waterbus boat trip from Donegal town... I'm sure it would be a nice way to spend an hour or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Are ya's into golf? Plenty of great courses in the area. The waterbus would be grand yeah but not exactly a stag party type of thing!

Yes some of the lads will try and get a round in (golf that is)!

There's a bar on the boat so it might not be as pedestrian as you'd think!

Are there any steam railway trips in the area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

BarneyMc wrote: »
    Are there any steam railway trips in the area?
    No trains in Donegal unfortunately....they took those from us also :(

There is however a couple of tourist/fun type train runs but wouldnt be near Bundoran though. I'll see if I can find a couple of links and post them a little later.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This appears to open from June - Sept. only. Its a nice trip but you would probably be driving for 45 mins or more to get there.

There's also this little gem in Raphoe but again the opening dates wont suit. I think they open April - October. The dates are on the website somewhere but again distance would be a factor.

In the mean time you could have a quick read through this thread especially the link in the first post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Iwernia

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

10 Pin bowling in Bundoran, if it's still open.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

Maybe deep sea fishing out of Killybegs

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

The waterbus also do rib tours of the bay, mite be more Craic for a stag
    http://www.donegalbaywaterbus.com/rib/ribpic/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

BarneyMc wrote: »
    Obvious but not too obvious. :D

I don't think we'd be up for it to be honest - a bit cold! Thinking of taking the Waterbus boat trip from Donegal town... I'm sure it would be a nice way to spend an hour or 2?

I went surfing in Bundoran in mid-March a couple years back & it was grand. You're well suited up so you don't even feel the cold.
    Check out these guys for surfing & other outdoor/adventure fun:
    http://www.turfnsurf.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭boxty

Agree with above post re turf n surf. Check out the blo karting. . .unreal craic. (I have no connection with the business)

Advertisement