Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kings bar Dundalk

Options
  • 23-02-2014 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what was the KINGS bar in Dundalk called before it was the KINGS, I'm going back to the 80s. it traded as Cheers after that and it's a tapis bar now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Can anyone tell me what was the KINGS bar in Dundalk called before it was the KINGS, I'm going back to the 80s. it traded as Cheers after that and it's a tapis bar now.

The Eimear ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yes, I thought it was called the Eimear Bar too. Long and dark if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭DK man

Was cheers not the stateside bar before cheers. And kings was over beside the ulster bank which had a large snooker hall at the back of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

DK man wrote: »
    Was cheers not the stateside bar before cheers. And kings was over beside the ulster bank which had a large snooker hall at the back of it!
    its the bar beside the Ulster bank that I was thinking about. What was the name of the snooker club?

Yes, the Eimear was next to the bakery of the same name next door to the Ulster Bank. Definitely no snooker hall in the Eimear Bar days!

I'm trying to recall what it was before the Eimear but I was about 10 at the time and old age has fogged my memory. It was certainly the Eimear in the early 60s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

The snooker hall was down the side , behind the Ulster bank. Used to go there every Sunday, forget the name.

The snooker hall was down the side , behind the Ulster bank. Used to go there every Sunday, forget the name.
    I think it was just called "The Kings snooker hall" :) Played there a few times when i was a young fella.

The "Eimear" name still lives on in those parts as the row of shop units that lead from the side of the Ulster Bank in Clanbrassil street to the Longwalk are called Eimear Court iirc ?.(Morgan fish,Apache pizza etc..)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

I think it was just called "The Kings snooker hall" :) Played there a few times when i was a young fella.
    Thought so myself, or Kings as it was called in my school, it was just taken at that age that it was snooker that you meant. Trying to remember exactly when thinking it was maybe 89/90

I used to think it from any that at one time we had the Ace of Spades, the Kings, the Queens

And a part pair of Jack beside the town hall!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I used to think it from any that at one time we had the Ace of Spades, the Kings, the Queens

And a part pair of Jack beside the town hall!

DIAMOND mine arcade?

• Advertisement

On the same theme-"Jokers"-which was above The Queens ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

doncarlos wrote: »
    DIAMOND mine arcade?

Any amount of 'something' club...ok not a very good one lol

Advertisement