Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Horizon - Laptops regularly losing wifi connection

Options
  • 23-02-2014 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

Hi guys - I'd really appreciate any advice because I've tried everything I can think of without any success.

We recently got UPC Horizon, and I've noticed that every 10-15 minutes, my Samsung laptop's connection to the wifi will error, and after 2 minutes it will recover and go back to normal.

There is a Dell laptop in the house which experiences the same issue, and a Sony laptop which doesn't seem to have any issues at all. All use Windows 7.

I've noticed that the problem only occurs when there are two or more laptops connected to the network at once. Also - we would have 3 smartphones and an Internet Radio that use the network without any issues at all.

I've attached a picture of the yellow flag that appears on my wifi notification each time the internet connection drops. As you'll see, it doesn't fully disconnect from the network.

Any ideas on how this problem might be fixed?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

This seems to be a common enough problem with Horizon. Might be worth posting in the UPC forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Thanks Dub, I'll go there and update if I find any success.

Advertisement