Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service out since 6th of Febuary

Options
  • 23-02-2014 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

We've now had our telephone down for 3 weeks there is one phone line completely down and a tree resting on another is there anyway of knowing how long this will take to fix?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    We've now had our telephone down for 3 weeks there is one phone line completely down and a tree resting on another is there anyway of knowing how long this will take to fix?
    Hi ussjtrunks

Sorry to hear this, the storms have created a lot of issues over the past few weeks but if you would like to PM me your landline number I'll look in to this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Any update?

Any update?
    Hi ussjtrunks

Yes, this has been assigned to a crew to begin works today, that's as much as I can see right now but hopefully I will have more news this evening.

Al

Thanks if you could keep me updated that'd be great hopefully it gets sorted soon

Thanks if you could keep me updated that'd be great hopefully it gets sorted soon
    No worries ussjtrunks

Hopefully so but I'll keep you updated as soon as more notes are added to the case.

Al

• Advertisement

No work seems to have been done today :( how long does it usually take from being assasigned to being fixed?

No work seems to have been done today :( how long does it usually take from being assasigned to being fixed?

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    Hi ussjtrunks

Sorry to hear this, according to the latest notes it was deemed that more work is required at exchange level and the case has been referred to works management for appropriate planning. I can understand this has been going on a long time now but I'll keep you update on the progress as I see it.

Thanks
    Al

Does it state what kind of damage needs to be fixed and any idea how long it could take?

Any

Does it state what kind of damage needs to be fixed and any idea how long it could take?
    Unfortunately not ussjtrunks

This type of technical information is not available to us

Al

• Advertisement

Will ye get any kind of update as it progresses or Is it just updated when its finished

Will ye get any kind of update as it progresses or Is it just updated when its finished

Hi ussjtrunks

You would get an update from technicians when the issues is resolved however if you would like to get back to us here along the way we will do our best to offer you more information on the status of the case.

Thanks
    Al

Its the waiting without any idea of when it'll be back thats most frustrating, I was thinking of getting a 3g modem today so Id have internet for awile but not sure if i should go for a week, 2 weeks or a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Its the waiting without any idea of when it'll be back thats most frustrating, I was thinking of getting a 3g modem today so Id have internet for awile but not sure if i should go for a week, 2 weeks or a month
    Hi ussjtrunks
    We do appreciate the inconvenience here and apologies for the delay in getting this resolved faster. I am afraid your area is one of those areas affected by the exceptionally high numbers of faults due to recent weather conditions. I have spoken with the technical ground crew in your area and they will do their best to get there this resolved by early next week. The tech I spoke with hopes this can be resolved Monday or Tuesday next week.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭jimb43

hi there  al  and tony  its june 2007  when i first posted  have you any idea when they are join got fix that fault ???   after all its nearly 2015 now  keep me posted will ya

Eircom phoned yesterday saying they were coming to the house and never showed :(

There is now a third line broke now, so thats 2 lines completely down and a tree on one line I was told an eircom van went down the road yesterday so they would have seen this and did nothing.

I know that the storm has caused alot of damage but is really frustrating that by not being fixed the issue is worsening :(

My Bill is due soon with this level of service the likelyhood of it getting paid is worsening by the day, We've been loyal Eircom customers even before i was born and dont remember anything on this level before, I need to pay another €20 to 02 just to get basic broadband thats €90 I'll be out of pocket on Friday not to mention the new router i bought as eircom wouldnt replace mine which was not function so all in all I've spent €165 just to keep connecting to the internet.

Feed up does not begin to highlight how Im feeling and listening to the radio many others are in the same boat its a disgrace of a service Eircom provide and If there was honestly any other option other than an ok 3g connection I would be gone by the end of the month :(

Advertisement