Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Player stops after 30 secs on Android Tab :-(

• 23-02-2014 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I wonder could someone help me. I have a brand new Asus 10 HD tab running Android 4.3. I installed the RTE Player but when I go to play something it runs for say 30 secs and then stops.

Any help welcome.

Thanks JD.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

You could try uninstalling it and reinstalling it, although the new version seems to be loaded with bugs. Reading the REVIEWS from people over the last week or so has tons of complaints.

You could download THIS and install it.

Then go to Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > XBMC.org Add-ons > Video Add-ons and choose IrishTV to install it.

Then exit out by click "back" all the way to the main screen , and go into Videos > Video-Addons.

Now RTE Player, TV3 Player, TG4 Player and Irish Live TV should be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

A follow up. I just tried it on an Acer tab running Android 4.0.3 and the RTE Player is running fine:confused::confused::confused:

Any help welcome.

Thanks JD.

Allyall wrote: »
    You could try uninstalling it and reinstalling it, although the new version seems to be loaded with bugs. Reading the REVIEWS from people over the last week or so has tons of complaints.

Thanks for you're quick reply. Its just amazing I cannot watch it on the Asus but on the Acer its fine plus a laptop running XP is fine :confused::confused::confused:

Would love a fix.:)

Greenman wrote: »
    Thanks for you're quick reply. Its just amazing I cannot watch it on the Asus but on the Acer its fine plus a laptop running XP is fine :confused::confused::confused:

Would love a fix.:)

What version of Android is on the Acer and Asus?

Allyall wrote: »
    What version of Android is on the Acer and Asus?

Asus 4.3

Acer 4.0.3

RTE Player works fine on S3 on 4.3

Dosen't work on XMBC with Asus and S3

Very strange.:confused:

• Advertisement

Try a different version of XBMC

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Development_builds
    http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/arm/

I had written and changed my post a few times.

It is 4.3 that causes many of the problems.

Advertisement