Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anywhere in dublin you can buy a sourdough starter

Options
  • 23-02-2014 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

So I want to make sourdough bread. I tend to end up deciding I want to bake last minute so was hoping there might be somewhere in Dublin preferably d6/d14/d4 area you could buy sourdough starter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭genuine leather

Personally im not aware of any.Had you thought about making your own sourdough starter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cosmia3

I can give you some, I'm in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lisio

Hi, is your offer still valid as I am looking for started also? I tried to make one from scratch but something went wrong and it stopped growing after the first night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cosmia3

Yes, of course, you really only need a spoon of it. I have rye, wholegrain spelt and whilte spelt starters. Rye starter is the most popular one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lisio

Hi, this would be amazing. Where are you based?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CyrilFiggis

I bought sourdough starter in Fallon and Byrne last week. I haven't used it yet though. It's like a little tablet in a dark green pouch at the top of the shelf with all the different flours, etc. Dear enough at €6-something though.

Advertisement