Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duathon, Am I mad?

Options
  • 23-02-2014 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

I've been doing a bit of running since Christmas and I'm up to running 8km in about 55 minutes.

I've also been doing a bit of cycling over the last 12 months and can rattle along at a nice pace.

Thing is today I saw some posters for a duathlon in Fota on the 01st of March, I'ld like to try it.

I'm not going to try and break any records just to participate, am I mad, will I give myself a heart attack.

I'm 38 years of age and all of this is new to me but I'm becoming addicted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Just do it!

Take your time on the first run, don't go too nuts on the bike and if you feel able you can push on for the second run.

Practice doing some short runs immediately after you get off the bike if you can.

Only did my first a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it, can't wait for the next one.

Advertisement